35

Months Later
"It's Your Turn" Bey Mumbled Hitting My Chest Softly. I Groaned Shifting To My Side Still With My Eyes Closed.

"Jay"

"It's Your Turn, I Got Up Last Two Times" I Said Now Getting Straight Up Annoyed. I Had Work In The Morning And I've Already Been Caught Sleeping At My Desk One Two Many Times.

"Welcome To Parenthood" Bey Said. I Rolled My Eyes, Ripping The Covers Off My Body Getting Up.

"You Better Watch It Corey" Bey Said Sternly. I Ignored Her To Head To Blues Room To See What The Fuck She Wants.

I Opened The Door To See Her Maneuvering Her Legs And Arms As She Cried. I Picked Her Up To Smell Her Diaper, I Rubbed Around It And It Was Good. I Went To The Kitchen Grabbing A Bottle Hitting It Up As Her Crying Got Louder. "Shhh Your Before Your Mama Come In Here And Whoop My Ass For Just Being A Damn Daddy" I Said As The Microwave Binged. I Took The Bottle Out And Nearly Dropped It "Shit I Put It On Like Ten Seconds" I Said To Myself As Blue Continued To Scream.

I Placed It Down On The Counter As I Rocked Her Up And Down To At Least Calm Her Down. "Just Calm Down...I'm Here And I'll Always Be Here For You. You Won't Have To Worry About Nothing Because You'll Have Everything And More. I'll Be There When You Make Your First Steps...Ride Your Bike Without The Training Wheels...When You Loose Your First Tooth And I'll Realize That Your Growing Up So Damn Fast And I'll Have To Get More Guns" She Started To Calm Down As I Walked Over To The Couch Letting Her Lay On My Chest. I Shook My Leg Setting A Rhythm So She Can Go Back To Sleep.

"See You Love Having Talks With Daddy Huh? You Just Wanted Me To Come And Talk To You At Four In The Morning" I Said As I Started Dozing Off.

"Whew...But I Love You My Blueberry. I Love You" I Yawned "I'm Just Going To Watch My Eye Lids Real Quick" I Said Softly As I Closed My Eyes.

"Jay" I Heard. I Woke Up Feeling My Chest And Immediately Got Scared. I Looked Around "I Put Her In The Crib" Bey Said.

I Let Out A Sigh Getting Up From The Couch "I Gotta Put The Bottle Back-"

"Already Done" She Said. "Well You Should've Got Her Instead Of My Ass" I Mumbled As We Walked Back To My Bedroom. Friday's To Tuesday's Bey And Blue Sleepover. It's Been Hectic, I Know This Part Of Parenthood Was Going To Be Rough But This Shit Is Crazy As Hell. I Felt Beys Hand On My Chest Making Me Loose My Thoughts.

"Are We Loosing Each Other?" She Asked Barely Above A Whisper.

"Honestly? I Don't Even Know" I Said Staring At The Ceiling.

"We Fight Constantly...And We're Always Frustrated. Sometimes I Just Wanna Leave Her With My Mama For A Couple Of Weeks. Just To Get Away...Get Some Sleep" She Explained.

"I Mean We Can Leave Her With My Mom For A Weekend But Weeks Is Stretching It" I Said.

"Why She Gotta Be With Your Mama?"

I Rolled My Eyes Thinking I Just Sparked Another Argument "I Was Just Saying, You Know I'm Cool Either Way" I Said.

She Removed Herself From Around My Body "I Saw Your Ass Roll Your Eyes But Okay" She Said Turning Her Back Towards Me.

"How You Even Know? It's Dark As Fuck In Here" I Said.

"Goodnight" She Said. I Let Out A Sigh Getting Up To Sleep On The Couch.

The Next Day I Entered My Home To See My Baby On Her Blanket Laying On Her Stomach Making Me Smile. I Placed My Things Down Going Straight Over To Pick Her Up. I Kissed Her Lips Smiling Brightly While She Starred At Me Awkwardly.