19

Time Was Flying And Senior Year Was Approaching. My Internship Was Going To Be All Summer And I Was More Than Happy. I Still Couldn't Believe I Got It, I Really Was Thinking My Work Wasn't Good Enough. My Mom Had Me Taking Summer College Classes On Top Of All that And I Wasn't Ecstatic About That At All. Brittany And I Was a Doing Real Good Better Than Before, Maybe Bey And I Ending Things Was For The Best. Eventually We Came Full Circle With Our Friendship And She Was Even Dating Again. Some Nigga Named Isaiah, He Was A Cool Guy And Seemed Like He Treated Her Right And That's All That I Cared About. Angie And Bey Finally Came Along As Well, It Was About Damn Time. I Didn't Know How Much Longer Angie Could Hold A Grudge.

With Everything Going Too Good In My Life I Knew Something Would Rain On My Parade.

"Divorce?! Why?" I Asked More Than Shocked. As Much As My Parents Were Barely Around Each Other I Never Expected This. They Were Strong Together, I Seen It With My Own Eyes And When They Get Together They Always Found Time For One Another.

"I Know Baby, But It's For The Best" My Mama Said Softly.

"It's Unfair, Y'all Could've Waited Until We Went Off To School Damn" Jeremiah Said. I Mean Jeremiah And I Basically Grew Up Together, We Really Brothers Despite His Attitude And Everything We've Been Through. I Loved Him And Always Considered Him My Brother Same With His Dad, He's Taught Me So Much About Being A Man.

"I'm Sorry Boys, Now Just Because We're Divorcing Doesn't Mean We Won't Be A Family, We'll Still Be At Graduations, Weddings, Birthdays You Name It. Because You Are My Son Jay No Matter What" He Said Looking Into My Eyes With A Reassuring Smile.

I Nodded My Head "Same With You Jeremiah, You Know Your My Son"

Jeremiah Nodded His Head "So What Does This Mean For Our Future?"

My Mama Looked At My Dad Then Back At Us "Well As You Know Jeremiah You Would Live With Your Mom But We Know You Don't Want That So You Can Stay Here Until You Go Away To School. Your Dad Will Go Back To His Old Firm" She Said.

"So Now That You'll Be Around More We Won't See You Anymore" I Said Shaking My Head.

"No Son, This Will Be My Last Year Of Travel Then When You Guys Go Away For School. I'll Be At Home And It'll Be Good For The Holidays And When You Guys Get To Visit I'll Definitely Be Home" He Explained.

I Can't Lie And Say This Shit Didn't Hit Hard Cause It Did. I Loved My Dad And My Mom, Ive Always Loved Them Together. It Was Just A Shock, I Thought They Would Be Together Forever.

"Come My Babies" My Mama Said Causing Us To Get Up From The Couch. She Placed Our Heads On Her Chest Rubbing Our Backs.

"Everything Will Be Fine, Things Will Still Be Normal And When You Come Down Jeremiah You Can Stay Here For Awhile Then Back To Your Dads, Same With You Too Jay" She Explained.

She Released Us From The Hug "So When Is The Divorce Stuff Final?"

"Most Likely In Two Months Tops" My Mom Said.

"Have This Been Going On For Awhile?" I Asked Looking At The Both Of Them.

"Yeah Baby, A Long While And We Tried To Work Things Out But We Felt It's Best To Be Apart" My Mama Said. I Nodded My Head "Now I Got To Head Out. I'll See You Guys Later For Dinner Right?" My Dad Asked As He Got Up.

Jeremiah And I Both Nodded Our Heads. My Dad Wanted To Take Us Out Since We Haven't Hung Out In A Longtime. I Looked At My Mom And Smiled Weakly Before Getting Up Herself "I'll See Y'all Later" He Said Before Leaving The House. My Mom Gathered Her Things As Well "I Need Spaces To Look At" She Said. My Moms Business Was Really Booming And She Was Able To Open Up Her Own Spot, Have Clients Come There Instead Of Her Going To Them. I Was Real Proud Of Her, I Watched Her Grow Her Business From The Ground Up.