You're...

3 months later.

"Excited?" Lily said to me as I was getting my cereal for breakfast in our new apartment/flat for just us and Matt.

"Beyond excited you have no idea." I smiled.

"I think I can guess... when is his flight due?" Lily asked.

"An hour, I'm leaving right after this," I grinned as I munched on my breakfast as I sat at the counter.

"How are you going to tell him the news?" Lily squealed.

"I don't know. I've been trying to think of an inventive way to do it but I'm afraid I'll just see his face and then blurt out 'I'm pregnant' or something along those lines." I sighed.

Yes I was pregnant. I found out the day I got back from visiting Richard in New York and I didn't tell him. Turns out I was already 2 months pregnant then. Now I'm past half way and he still doesn't know.

I didn't want him coming back from New York early because of it and I didn't want him feeling bad or anything. We both have wanted this for so long and as much as the timing isn't perfect... I'm due to give birth in Jan/Feb and all my final year assignments are due in May but hey I've never been so happy.

"Well it'll be cool to finally tell him." Lily smiled.

"Yeah I haven't even told my dad yet, literally only you and Matt know because my stomach is still pretty easy to hide even though it's getting pretty huge." I shrugged.

"Well matt and I have classes most of the day but we will be back this afternoon and I can't wait to hear about it all." She smiled.

"Thanks, I'll see you guys later on." I said finishing my breakfast and grabbing my coat ready to leave.

- - - - -

As I was driving to the airport I was trying to think of different ways to tell him like do I hand him the pregnancy test or do I just tell him? Do I make a game out of it? I really wasn't sure what to do.

I was just going to leave it up to fate to decide for me.

I was stood at the arrivals for a while before I saw him start to walk out and his face lit up, he had looked tired from the flight but when he saw me he grinned.

"Jen." He hugged me quick and kissed me gently.

"Oh I've missed you." I smiled hugging him tightly.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." He breathed dropping his bag to the floor so he could hug me back.

We walked to the car and whole time I was sweating and freaking out about what to say. When we got in the car I was driving and he sat next to me in the passengers seat so I took the opportunity to speak.

"So before we head off, I have something I wanna tell you." I smiled looking across at him as he shuffled around in his chair not really paying attention.

"Really? Ok go ahead. Is it bad?" He looked a little frightened.

"No no... uh actually well I got you a present." I nodded reaching behind my chair and grabbing a box I had prepared already in one of my many options.

"Oh gifts cute." Richard laughed.

"Just open it." I smiled.

He took the box, opened it and just kind of stared for a second before pulling out a baby  grow that said daddy on it.

"Was this Maisie's or something?" He asked frowning at it.

"Look under it." I laughed already half starting to cry a little.

"Alright..." he frowned as he fiddled around in the box until he grabbed the pregnancy test at the bottom. "Is this what I think it is?" He said before even pulling it out.

"I don't know what do you think it is?" I asked.

"A pregnancy test." He said.

"Look." I smiled.

"Oh my god are you pregnant?" He said staring at the stick and then at me.

"Yeah." I was crying by this point seeing how happy he was.

"Oh my god that's amazing. Since when? We haven't seen each other in 3 months." His eyes widened.

"I'm 5 months pregnant rich." I hummed.

"What?" His eyes got larger.

"Yeah I found out when I got back from New York that I was already 2 months gone. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I didn't want you stressing while you were away and I didn't want you to have to come back. I'm sorry for not telling you before now." I hummed.

"Are you kidding don't be sorry we're pregnant this is amazing. It must have been when we went away in May..." he smiled.

"Yeah I guess so. That's what I said. So he or she is due in late January." I grinned.

"You don't know the gender? Are you going to find out?" He asked.

"I was waiting for you." I laughed.

"Oh my gosh I cannot believe it." He looked so happy as he kissed me gently and then I started to show him the bump I was covering up.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I didn't want you ruining any opportunities in New York and I knew you were coming here in September so I thought I'd wait you know... especially with what happened a year ago they say not to tell anyone until later in the pregnancy just in case." I explained to him.

"Of course, so everything is ok? You're all okay especially after what happened last year?" Richard asked.

"Yes, I was nervous at first and I had loads of scans with Victoria in the beginning to make sure everything was going smoothly and she assured me that everything was fine and just because you miscarry once doesn't mean it'll happen every time." I smiled at him.

"I'm so shocked. I was just expecting to come home and see you and now I get this amazing news too." Richard was excited, he'd always wanted a kid since Maisie. He was mad to start a family as soon as possible.

"I love you." I smiled at him.

"I love you so much." He said kissing me very passionately.