Dinner.

"You know what gender it is?" Lily squealed as Richard and I appeared in the flat that afternoon.

"Yep we went to the scan everything's all good..." I smiled up at Richard as we sat on the sofa together happily.

"So..." Lily was on the edge of her seat, quite literally we had bar stools around the island and she practically standing up with half her butt on the seat.

"Should we tell her?" Richard glanced at me.

"I dunno." I joked smiling at him.

"Please please I know Matt isn't here but he won't care he'll be back any second." She begged.

"Fine." Richard nodded at me.

"We're having a... girl." The both of us said together.

"Oh my god yes!" Lily jumped up and so did I and we hugged for ages as she whispered in my ear how happy she was.

"Come here... you too." Lily motioned to Richard as he stood up for a hug too.

"Thanks lil." Richard laughed.

"Are you excited? You get to think about names now." Lily grinned.

"It's not lily." I snapped knowing where she was going with that. "But we are thinking about obviously..." I grinned.

"The next step for us is actually the worse bit about all this pregnancy... and that is telling our parents." Richard sighed placing an arm around me.

"Yeah I mean my dad will be happy I think but your parents pfft... good luck to us..." I mumbled.

"Well we're going to dinner with them tonight so we better start thinking about what we have to say." Richard breathed.

It was worse for him. He was working for his dad over in New York and whilst he was told it would only be 3 months, Richard had a flight booked back to New York in three weeks.

Richard now had to persuade his dad to let him manage the London branch or set up to work from home or something. Richards back up plan was to just quit and find a job by himself which he and I didn't want him to do.

He was earning serious money working for his dad. Like a lot of money.

"Yeah so I'm sorry about dinner lily but we can have dinner tomorrow night? Or lunch... but right now we have to go call my dad and tell him..." I smiled.

"Oh that's no problem." Lily nodded. "We can celebrate whenever but you guys need to sort things out first." Lily smiled.

- - - - -

"You ok?" Richard asked me as we approached his mansion like house.

"Yeah, I'm prepared... we both know how they acted last time." I smiled holding his hand.

"Yeah and your dad took it so well so don't worry about it. Even if this goes horribly I'll chat with them until they understand." Richard reassured me.

We rung the doorbell and waited until his mother appeared at the door. I could hear his sisters already. I couldn't remember their exact ages but he had a sister who was a teenager probably about 15/16 and another one who probably 8/9 by now and then I think the youngest is 6 now, last time I saw her she was like 2. Then of course his older sister but she wasn't here, she moved out.

I avoided his house with all my strength so I felt bad I had no connection with his siblings but Richard didn't really care. He only really had a connection with his older sister and she doesn't even live here anymore.

"Richard, so good to see you." His mum instantly said seeing him for the first time in a few months.

"Hi mum." Richard nodded.

"And Jenna, lovely to see you again." She looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks for having me." I said stepping inside the house as a maid appeared and took our coats. Yes a maid. They were that rich.

"We'd love to see more of you both but we are so busy you know? Your father is always working, Richards off in New York following in his footsteps..." she smiled.

We all muttered in agreement.

"Right we'll go through the lounge, your sisters are in there already and I'll go fetch your father." His mum made us go through the hallway to the living room.

"Hey kiddos." Richard said as we entered the room.

The teenager smiled and eventually gave Richard a hug. The 6 and 8 year old were playing together in the corner but turned around ran straight to him and hugged him.

I smiled at him as he put an arm around me.

"I'm not a kid." The teen said.

"How old are you?" Richard asked.

"17." She mumbled.

"Then you're a kid." Richard laughed as then he guided us to sit on the couch together.

"Chloe, you met Jenna once do you remember?" He asked to the 8 year old who adored him. The 6 year old was less bothered and continued playing.

"I remember." The younger one said.

"No you don't Anna you were a baby." Richard laughed. "Anyway Emily Hows dad been?"

"The usual. You know making me come home from school for a stupid dinner with you." She rolled her eyes.

Emily went to Ashford so I was wondering why she was even here, it was mid term and she should be at school.

"Anything else?"

"He's been in a bad mood today." Emily admitted.

"Why?" He asked her.

"Not sure, work I guess..." she shrugged and then left the living room clearly bored of us.

"Is this a bad idea?" I muttered to Richard.

"No, it's fine. Everything will be fine. I promise Jen." He kissed my head as he had an arm wrapped around me as we sat on the sofa together.

"Richard good to see you." A booming voice came from behind us. His dad. I recognised him. The guy who liked to ruin most things.

"Dad." Richard stood up immediately and shook his hand. I mean who the hell shakes hand with their dad?

"And Jenna. Nice to see you again." He nodded at me before he sat down. Yeah it was real nice to see him,  the last time I spoke to him I yelled at him for taking Richard to New York.

Then his dad basically ignored us as he opened the newspaper and sat and read it in the corner. "How business boy?" He suddenly muttered without looking up from the paper.

"Good, you probably already know that though." Richard was nervous. I'd never seen him like this.

"Yes, I actually wanted to talk about—"

He got interrupted by his wife. "No business talk with guests." She frowned at him.

Well this was going to be an interesting evening.