First Day

As I walk up to Firehouse 51 in my black jeans and my dad's CFD squad jacket I see Kelly Severide sitting with Stella Kidd at the squad table. I always knew Kelly and Stella were together but no one would tell me.  Truck 81 had just got back from a call and I walk up towards the apparatus floor.

Kelly comes up to me and hugs me in the crisp Chicago air, pulling back and saying " Katrina Hart is that you hiding behind that big coat?"  I notice Stella and give her a wink as if to say play along with it.  I go to Kelly " Yes Baby Blues it is me" no one knew about that nickname he had in the academy. I finally get alway from his hug and say " I can't work with her" and as Stella is the only other female around they all look at Stella. Stella reply's with " Well I never this bitch can't be here" Kelly turns round to look at Stella and we start laughing and go to hug each other.

" Wheres Chief Boden's office?" I say "Follow me, Katrina," Stella says as I follow behind her. "Here you go Kat," Stella says as she walks away. I knock on the door a few times before Chief Boden signals me to come in. "Katrina Hart is that you" Before my dad died his chief was Boden and he said to me at the time if I ever wanted a job at firehouse 51 I would be welcomed straight away. Behind me, someone knocked on the door. Chief Boden signalled her to come in. "This is your partner Sylvie Brett, Sylvie this is your new PIC Katrina Hart," he said in a stern but kind voice as always. "Hey call me Kat," I say "Hey Kat I'll show you the locker room"

As we go into the locker room Sylvie says " I'll leave you to get changed the tapes on top of the lockers" I grab the tape and put it on my locker as everyone goes by last names I put 'HART' on the bit tape. I then got changed and threw my duffel bag into my locker.

Just as I walk into the common room and get some coffee the bells go off

Truck 81, Ambulance 61 Child trapped  218 West 13th Street

I drop my coffee on the table " If anyone dares to touch or drink it you're buying me a beer at Molly's tonight" I shout while running towards the ambulance. Brett's already in the ambulance waiting for me I jump in the driver's seat and hit the sirens and blue lights. Truck 81 pulled out and we followed them.

We arrive at the scene and I go to calm the little boy down the little boy was stuck under a pile of timber. " I'm Kat what's your name?" I say to him in a calming voice " Alfie" he says back to me trying to catch his breath " Ok Alfie I'm going to give you some oxygen while my friend Sylvie here puts a little needle in your arm, ok?" "Truck we need to move this timber quickly," I say over the radio. " Captian Matt Casey replies " are we ok to move it without hurting him even more" "Let me put a C-Coller on him" I nod to him. "On 3 slide him out 1,2,3" I slide Alfie out on to the backboard and truck helps us lift him on to the Gurney Sylvie jumps into the back beside Alfie. I jump into the driver's seat and press the sirens, driving off to Chicago Med.

We arrive at Chicago Med " Talk to me Brett" Maggie shouts paging a doctor. Brett fills them in and I start with the paperwork. " Is that really Katrina Hart?" a girl with a light voice said. I turn round to see Erin Lindsay standing behind me. " Erin Lindsay" I reply shocked. "What are you doing now Erin?" I ask while signing the paperwork " I'm a detective in intelligence" she said in her light voice " good for you I've got to get going but I'll see you at Molly's tonight?" I say " Yes you will," she says as I grab the paperwork.

Sylvie and I don't talk much on the way back to 51. I decided to ask her about herself "Got a boyfriend" I ask while driving into 51. " I wish," she said while laughing. Truck comes out to ask about the little boy. " He's doing fine a few bruised ribs and a few scrapes is all" I walk back into the common room to see my coffee still there. I grab the cup and pour the coffee down the sink and make myself another cup. Casey comes up behind me and says " is there enough for two cups there?" " yeah help yourself," I say to him while adding sugar and milk to my cup.

Its the end of shift and we all go home to rest. I was too hungry to go home and sleep so I went and got some pancakes. After I ate my pancakes I decided to go see some people who I haven't seen in a while. I got back from seeing everyone and went up to my bedroom and fell asleep. It was 7 pm when I woke up. I decided to go get ready and go to Molly's. I put on a pair of ripped dark wash jeans and a long-sleeved crop top as well as a pair of black high heel boots. I grabbed my phone, keys and purse and headed to Molly's. I decided to walk as it was only five minutes away from my place.

When I walked inside everyone was sitting drinking. To the left was intelligence and to the right was med and 51 was everywhere throughout the bar. I went over to the bar and sat down next to Kelly. " Herrmann can I get a beer to please, " I said loudly so I would hear over the music. Herrman pops the cap of the beer and hands it to me " there you go kid" he says as he hands me it " Thanks Herrmann I say back". After a few drinks and talking to people for a while I decided to call it a night.