Broken

Jay and I woke up to banging we didn't know who or what it was. Jay opened his bedside table drawer and grabbed his gun and badge. He put his badge on his hip and raised his gun. " Stay behind me," He said slowly opening the door. He put his head around the door and quickly moved so he was facing the stairs. He slowly walked down the stairs and turned right and shouted " clear" and turned left and shouted " clear" I walked down the stairs slowly just as Jay was going into the guest bedroom where Georgie was staying " clear" he turned around and went into the kitchen. I was behind him with my hand on his shoulder. "Georgie," I said frustrated. Jay put his gun down on the kitchen counter and pulled his badge off his waist. " I didn't mean to wake yous" " Georgie you have to be quieter anyway I'm going to get ready for work, we leave in an hour be ready," I said walking away. "I've never seen you with your gun up," I said to Jay while choosing an outfit. " I don't like using it often" "It was hot Detective Halstead," I said kissing him. Georgie came up the stairs " Kat can I talk to you?" " I'll be down in a minute" I walked downstairs and see her standing there worried " Kat why does Jay have a gun?" "Jay is a detective in the CPD. You didn't see his badge?" " I didn't have my glasses on" "Ok Georgie I need to get ready" When I went back upstairs Jay had been in the shower and was looking for his phone. I went into the shower and relaxed. I got out of the shower and did my hair and makeup. I walked out into the bedroom and put on a black bodysuit and a pair of ripped jeans with my black boots. Jay was looking for his badge " It's in the kitchen" I said hanging my towel up. Jay ran downstairs to get his badge " Can you bring my holster down please" He shouted up the stairs. I grabbed his holster that should have been on his hip before his badge. "Georgie we need to go," I said grabbing my uniform and putting it in my duffel bag. Kat walked out with her hair curled and a navy dress on with a pair of heels. " Just as well 51 has spare uniforms and boots" I mutter to Jay, he starts laughing. "Georgie go sit in the car" "Hold on Jay, With what she's wearing I need to grab my old bunker jacket" I had only been in Chicago 2 weeks or so and I had only been on shift 3 times but my Bunker jacket had been ruined during the 81 and 66 accident. I got in the car after putting my duffel bag in the back.

We arrived at 51 " Georgie you need to behave and not wander off on calls. I'm in charge but if me or my partner tells you to do something do it straight away. We will get you a uniform and you can get changed into it then meet Cheif Boden again and then meet everyone else. Also if anyone from Truck, Squad or Engine tells you to do something... Do it understand me" " Yes Kat" I grab my duffel bag out the back of the car and Jay walks up with us. " Otis no hitting on Georgie," I say watching him look her up and down " Bye Jay," I say before kissing him " Bye baby". "Follow me, Georgie," I say walking into the bunker room. I grab my bunker Jacket and helmet and walk to the ambo. I take my old one out and because Georgie is still a Hart give her my old one "Let's get you a uniform" I walk back into the bunker room and find paramedic uniforms and my boots that I won't use ever again. " Take these and follow me" 

I take Georgie along the corridor to the locker room " get changed and put everything in my locker" " Are you serious?" "What do you mean am I serious?" I say starting to get changed " Most of the people are men here," She says just as Casey walks in. " Georgie what did I tell you in the car," I say sitting down to tie my boots. "So Hart who's this" " Georgie this is Captain Matt Casey, Casey this is my little sister Georgie. Georgie is a firefighter in Indianapolis so she will be more than happy to help out" " Great to hear" " Georgie let's go"

 I walked in front with Georgie right behind me. I knock on Cheif Boden's door and he signals me to come in. Cheif, I don't know if you remember her but this is my little sister Georgie" "Georgie I do remember you but last time I saw you was after your dad died. I see you're wearing the CFD paramedic uniform" " I was hoping if it was ok with you Chief Georgie could be our ride-along" "Of course she can be. What are you doing now?" He asks her "I'm part of Squad in Indianapolis" "Squad?" Chief and I say at the same time. "Well done. Kat round everyone up in the conference room" "No problem Cheif" 

I walk into the locker room and go into my locker and grab my phone to put in my pocket. Georgie goes to grab her's but I stop her. "Boden wants us in the conference room. Cruz go tell the others" I walk into the conference room and let Georgie take my seat while I stand next to Casey. Boden does his notice speech and the bells go off 

Squad 3, Ambulance 61 Man in water Douglas Park Golf Course

Georgie looks at me but I start running. Georgie shouted " Wait I can't keep up in these boots" " Georgie in the back of the ambo" I shouted waiting for squad to leave. Squad left and I pressed the lights and sirens. "Georgie you good back there?" Sylvie shouted " I'm fine it's like being in a squad truck" Sylvie looked at me and I shaked my head. We arrived at the scene and I grabbed the medical bags. Severide shouted " He's freezing and no pulse" Sylvie forget the heart monitor," I said through the radio "61 to Main we have arrived at Douglas Park Golf Course. Tell med we have a DOA" I say " Main to 61 is that a DOA" "Confirmed". "Squad lets get him in the ambo," Sylvie says as I take the medical bags back. " Georgie you can come in the front on the way to med" I get into the ambo and Severide hits the back doors to tell me everyone is in safe. I turn the lights and sirens off and drive to med. 

We got to med and Maggie comes out "DOA" I say "ok get him into Trauma 2 and we will move him" We moved him onto their bed and Sylvie filled out the paperwork while I checked on Georgie who was in the ambo. " Hey sis, You ok?" " Does it get easier?" "Getting DOA's?" "Yeah" " Not really" " It reminds me of a case I responded to" " I'm not the person to talk about fires to, see Severide, Casey, Kidd or Boden about them" Sylvie comes out and we put the gurney in the back and drive back to 51.

We get back to 51 and I go into the locker room and phone Jay " Hey baby"  "Hey is now a good time to talk?" "Yeah it's fine, You ok?" " I'm fine it was a tough case and I needed to hear your voice" " I'm here whenever you need me ok, baby" " Yeah, I love you" "I love you too" " bye" "bye". I hung up the call and went to the bunk room to try and get some sleep because Georgie woke me up and I could tell tonight was going to be a very long night.