"Spoil my fun"

I woke up and got out of my bed. I grabbed my crutches and walked through to the common room. Ambo had a few calls through the night but it was mostly quiet. I sat at the circle table and put my crutches to the side. Kelly then walked into the common room. "You are a sight for sore eyes" "How?" "Can you get me a cup of coffee" "Yeah" "Thanks" Kelly handed me a cup of coffee and then sat down next to me. "So how are you feeling?" "I have some pain but I've had worse" "I was closer to the car than you and you still got injured more than me" "You also have more muscles than me" "That's true" I smiled and took a drink of my coffee. "Katie is coming into town today" "That's good isn't it" "I'm not sure" "It trusts me. Bring her to the 21st I'm probably gonna be there all day" "I might I don't know what I'm gonna do" I gave him a weak smile trying to hide the pulsing pain from my ankle. Everyone else started to walk in so I grabbed my crutches and walked out to the apparatus floor.
I walked over to truck and sat on the bumper. I took a deep breath thinking about what happened yesterday. I didn't know how long I had been sitting there but when I stood up and walked back to the common room Will was standing there. "Hey Will" "Hey Kat have you seen Jay" I took my phone out my pocket and looked at the time "He should be driving to the 21st just now" "He's not answering my calls" "I've got a text from him 30 minutes ago saying he was going to work now" "That's probably why he's not answering how's your arm and ankle?" "There's a pulsing pain in my ankle every so often and my wrist is a bit sore but apart from that I'm fine" "Good to here just take some pills for them" I nodded "See you Kat" "See ya Will" I walked into the common room and sat down.
Jenson walked over to me "You ok?" I nodded "Yeah I'm fine" I gave a weak smile and walked to the locker room.
I sat down on the bench and lay my crutches against the bench before opening my locker. I looked at the picture of Jay and Noah from Christmas morning I smiled at the picture then took my duffel bag out of my locker and took my jacket out of my locker and put it in my duffel bag. I put my duffel bag over my shoulder then grabbed my crutches and walked out to the common room and Jay was standing there. "You ok?" I nodded and kissed him "Let's get going I left Noah in the car because he was sleeping" I nodded.
I leaned up against the car and took my duffel bag off before handing it to Jay. I climbed into the car and Jay took my crutches and put them in the back. I looked at Noah and he was sound asleep. "Will was here looking for you" "I got him I was driving to work when he phoned" "I guessed that" I smiled and we drove to the 21st.

I opened my door and Jay handed me my crutches. "I'm good I've had them nearly 24 hours" I smiled and Jay took Noah out of his car seat and we walked up to the 21st.
"Katrina Hart, what happened?" I walked up to the front desk "Car explosion" Trudy shook her head. "You need to be more careful" "I will be Trudy" I smiled and walked over to Jay "I'm not gonna have to carry you up as well" "Nope I can manage" I struggled at first but once I got the hang of it I was moving faster than Jay.
Everyone turned to look at us as we walked up the stairs "What the hell did you do?" "That is something I will never tell" I chuckled "A car exploded yesterday" "Way to spoil my fun" I looked at Jay and Erin walked over to me and whispered in my ear "You are crazy" I looked at her "Don't I know it" I smiled and walked over to Jay's desk and sat on the corner. Ruzek walked in "I've got a lead" I moved out of the way so Jay could see him "Kat what the hell did you do?" "Car explosion" I smiled and moved over to the wall and leaned against it. "Ok, so the plates were last seen at 245 West Taylor street" "I swear ambo had a man down call there last night" "Do you know why?" I looked at Atwater "Erm no I was asleep when they came back but all the bells said was man down" "Not much info then" "Sorry I can phone Sylvie" "It's ok" I nodded "I'm gonna go see Trudy" I kissed Jay then walked down the stairs and over to the front desk.
"Hey, Trudy" "Hi there Katrina" I smiled "Is there anything you need me to do?" "Nope I'm ok" I turned around and Kelly was standing with Katie. I walked over to them "Hey Katie" I hugged Kelly quickly "Hi Kat" I smiled and hopped back a bit. "What happened?" "I took the worst of the blow" I smiled and looked at Kelly "I haven't told Jay that so don't say anything" they both chuckled "Where's Noah?" "Asleep upstairs come up I don't know what case they are working through" I turned back to Trudy "Can you buzz us up?" "Yeah sure," I smiled and walked over to the metal gate. "I'll get it" Kelly pulled open the gate and I walked up the stairs. "Kelly you'll need to get Noah I'll say we are going for a walk" "Ok" I got to the top of the stairs and Jay was grabbing his jacket. "I'm gonna go follow a lead Hi Kelly" I kissed him "We're gonna take Noah for a walk" "Ok his diaper bag is attached" I smiled and walked over to Noah who was just starting to wake up. "Hey little man" I smiled to Hailey as she walked in. "I'll get him" I nodded and walked over to Ruzek "I'll be back shortly but don't tell Jay where I'm going" I smiled and walked downstairs. We walked to the park.

I sat down on the bench and put my crutches next to me. "Where's Dani?" "Sleeping just now" I nodded "You always get tired during the last couple of months but its all worth it" "It will be" I nodded. I took my phone out and Mouse had messaged me "Count me in for the wedding I will find a way back" I smiled then messaged him "I'll look at one of the invitations then send the things you need to fill out to you and I'll send them in separately" I looked at Kelly "You've been messaging someone for the last 3 days but neither you or Dani will tell me who" "There is a reason for that" I smirked then looked at Noah. "Can you get his cheese puffs out his bag?" Kelly nodded and handed me the tub. I put the tub on my knee and gave Noah a cheese puff. We sat talking about what Katie had been doing in New York before walking back to the 21st.

"Kels can you help me up with him?" I walked over to Trudy "Can you please" "Sure" "Thanks Trudy" I walked over to the metal gate and Kelly opened it "Thanks" I smiled and walked up the stairs. "Where do you want me to put him?" "There's fine I'll find a way over with him" I smiled just as Jay walked in "Hey baby" I kissed him before he crouched down and took Noah out of his car seat. I turned to Kelly "We're gonna go" I nodded and he walked downstairs. I turned back and walked over to Jay's desk and sat on the corner. "I need to fill this out then we can go" I nodded sounds good" I smiled and took my phone out of my pocket and texted Casey "I'll let you know my answer at Molly's" I looked at Jay. I already knew what his answer would probably be but I didn't want to believe it. "What you thinking about?" I looked up "Nothing" Jay gave me a weird look let's go home" I nodded and stood up and kissed Jay. We walked down the stairs I waved bye to Trudy then got in the car. I handed Jay my crutches then sat waiting on him.

Jay handed me my crutches and I walked up to the house and sat on the sofa. I put my crutches to the side and my legs up on the sofa. Jay came over and lifted my legs and put them on his lap. "So what's bothering you?" I looked down at the floor then up at him "I don't know how to say this" "Say what" "Casey offered me a job" "Doing what?" "On 81 I said I would speak to you about it first" "Babe it's not my choice and you are never gonna stop running into burning buildings the same as I'm never gonna stop running in front of bullets" I nodded "So do your thing babe" "Wait seriously" "Yeah" I smiled and sat up before kissing him. "I now need your help getting ready" I chuckled "I'll carry you up" Jay stood up then picked me up and carried me upstairs. He put me on the edge of the bed. I took my boot off then looked at him "What do you want to wear?" "Erm, there's a pair of blue ripped jeans on the bottom self" "These?" "Yeah them and there is a black vest top on the 3rd shelf" He held up a top "That's it and that long grey cardigan" I smiled and took my top off and changed. "Come over here" Jay helped me change my pants because I couldn't stand. "What shoes?" "My white trainers" Jay handed me them and I put one on. "I'll go get Noah ready you stay here" I nodded and took my hair out of the low ponytail and put it in a high ponytail. Jay walked back in with my crutches so he could carry Noah downstairs. I grabbed them and walked downstairs "I'm ready" "So am I" "Car or walk?" "Walk?" "I'm fine" I grabbed Noah's diaper bag and put it on my back and we walked to Molly's.

Jay opened the door and we walked in. I walked over to the bar and sat down. "Can I get a soda and beer please Herrmann" "Sure kid" I smiled and Herrmann handed me our drinks. I looked at Jay who was playing with Noah "I'm gonna go tell Casey what I decided" I smiled and took my crutches then walked over to Casey who was sitting with Brett, Antonio and Dawson. "Hey, how you doing?" "Getting there" I smiled "Casey can I talk to you about last night?" "Yeah sure" Casey got up and we walked over to a private spot. "Ok I've decided what I want to do" "And" "I would be happy to join 81" "That's great to hear" I felt a smile appear on my face "Jay happy with it?" "He said you do you so that's what I'm gonna do" I smiled "I'm gonna go back" I waved to Brett and Antonio before walking back to Jay. "And what did you tell him" "I would be happy to join 81" Herrmann heard that and walked over "You're joining 81?" I nodded "When I'm cleared for duty yeah" "That's great to hear kid" I smiled and moved my crutches so Erin could sit next to us with Josh "You two seem happy" I smiled and looked at Josh "You know we better get going" I looked at Jay and he nodded. I stood up and used my crutches to balance then we walked home.

"Want a hand?" I shook my head "I'll manage to walk up some stairs" I smiled and walked into the bedroom. I grabbed the hoodie from the bed and got changed into that. Jay had to help me a little but I got there. I lay down and put my head on Jay's chest. "I love you" "I love you too" I smiled and closed my eyes.