Planning

A Few Days Later

I had moved Noah's bassinette into my bedroom because Jay was still in the hospital. He was slowly getting back to normal and he was happy to see us. Noah had just woken up and I was feeding him. It was around 10 am and I had been lying in my bed for a while just looking on my phone passing time. It was second shift so I decided to go see 51 before going to the hospital. I burped Noah and put him back into his bassinette. I got up and walked over to the wardrobe. I took out my CFD hoodie and a pair of black leggings. I got changed and threw my hair into a messy bun then walked over to Noah. "Let's see what you're going to wear today" I picked him up and walked into the nursery.
I placed Noah in his cot and looked through his little outfits. I chose the grey  "My Aunt Dani is my hero" baby grow that I had got him without Dani knowing. I also chose his little grey beanie with a firetruck and his grey joggers.

 I also chose his little grey beanie with a firetruck and his grey joggers

I walked over to the cot and picked Noah up. I walked over to the changing table and placed him down. I crouched down and picked up the diapers and baby wipes and changed Noah. Once I was done I placed Noah in his cot and quickly ran downstairs and grabbed his car seat and the diaper bag then ran back upstairs. I packed Noah's diaper bag then picked him up out of his cot and put him in his car seat. I grabbed the diaper bag then grabbed the car seat. I walked downstairs and placed Noah's car seat next to the sofa and grabbed my trainers. I put my trainers on quickly before grabbing Noah's little firetruck cover and putting it over his car seat before picking it up. I locked the door and walked to the car. I placed Noah's car seat in the car before reaching in and strapping him in. I placed the diaper bag on the floor under his car seat. I walked around and got in before driving to 51.

I opened my car door and walked around to Noah's side. I opened the door then reached across and unstrapped his car seat and picked it up. I grabbed the diaper bag and threw it over one shoulder and walked up to the apparatus floor. Squad was sitting at their table so I decided to surprise Dani with the little outfit I had put on Noah. I walked over to the squad table and stood behind Dani "Someone wants to see you" I lifted up the car seat and placed it on the squad table. "There's my little nephew" she moved the blanket off his car seat and turned around to face me and I just smiled "Kat you know how to make someone happy" I laughed and she turned around to pick Noah up "There was none that said my Mom is a firefighter but they had personalised your own so I got one and put your name on it" "I can tell" "I'm leaving you with Noah I need to go see a friend about a wedding"I put the diaper back on the floor before I walked over to Kelly "Can I borrow you?" he nodded and we walked into the conference room
"Jay doesn't know I'm doing this yet" "Doing what?" "Kels you have been there with me through hard times. From the day we first met at the kid firefighter training thing I knew you were always going to be by my side with whatever I did. I may not have phoned you back while I was in Indianapolis but that's because it hurt too much. Kels you are my best friend and apart from my dad I wouldn't want anyone else to do to this" I had a tear in my eye saying the next part "Kelly will you walk me down the aisle at my wedding?" "Kat, of course, I will walk you down the aisle. You're my best friend, oh and something is happening but I'm not telling you what" I smiled and hugged him then looked at him "Why tell me something is happening?" "It's a surprise that no one knows about" "So why say it?" "You will find out"  "Fine but I now need to go see Connie about stealing her printer for 1 thing" "She's not in" Kelly shouted after me.
Kelly was right Connie wasn't in so I logged onto the computer and printed off the wedding checklist I had made for Jay and I. None of us could remember what we still had to do so I made a quick one for us so we could remember what we still had to do. I could check off the one on whos walking me down the aisle but apart from that nothing else could be marked off.

I logged off the computer and put the checklist in my hoodie pocket before I  walked to the common room "There the skyver" "You wouldn't be saying that if you had a week old baby and your fiance was in the hospital with a bullet wound to the stoma...

I logged off the computer and put the checklist in my hoodie pocket before I  walked to the common room "There the skyver" "You wouldn't be saying that if you had a week old baby and your fiance was in the hospital with a bullet wound to the stomach" "Ok good point" I smiled and sat down. Jenson walked in and sat down "Hows Herrmann treating you?" "Good" "And the rest of 51?" "Mostly alright" "Who?" She turned around and looked at Otis "Otis?" "He's been hitting on me" I laughed "Zvonecek come over here" He stood up and walked over. I whispered in his ear "Stop hitting on Jenson" I smiled and turned back to Jenson and he walked away. Jenson turned to me "Zvonecek?" "That's his real name" "Why does he get Otis?" "I don't know" I turned to Herrmann "Herrmann why does Otis get Otis?" "Why do you get Kat?" "Because it's a short version of my name" "I'm not going to finish this" I nodded and stood up "Well I have a fiance I need to go see" I smiled and walked out to the squad table. Kelly saw me walk out and put Noah in his car seat "I didn't even have to ask" I smiled and picked the car seat up and then the diaper bag. "I'll see you all at Molly's maybe" I walked out and opened the car door. I put Noah's car seat in before the diaper bag. I strapped Noah's car seat in then walked around and got in. I drove off to med to see Jay.

I got out and walked to Noah's side. I unstrapped him and took him out. I grabbed the diaper bag and threw it over one shoulder and walked into med. "Hey, Maggie" "I'm having a visit from all of 51" I looked at her strange and walked up to Jay's room. 
"There's my two babies" I smiled and walked over to him. I placed Noah's car seat on the chair next to his bed and the diaper bag on the floor and hugged him. I kissed him "So when are you getting out?" "They hope tomorrow" I smiled and moved Noah's car seat onto the floor so I could sit down on the chair. "I want my son" I laughed and took Noah out of his car seat and handed him to Jay. "So what have you been up to?" "I went to 51 and printed off that checklist we were talking about" "So what ones have you done?" "I picked my bridesmaids, maids of honours and whos going to walk me down the aisle" I looked at the floor "Who did you pick to walk you down the aisle?" "Kelly" "That's a good choice" "You're not mad?" "Why would I be mad? He's your best friend although I'm mad you stole my best man" "So you picked" "That was the easy part" I laughed and we talked more about the wedding.
"I should take Noah home" "Why don't you stay here you are already for bed anyway" "Jay I have Noah" "And there is a lock on the door I'm sure Connor will understand" I gave him a look. "Fine" he smiled and handed me, Noah. "Why am I getting him I fed him half an hour ago" "I want to change him but I can't get up without both arms" Jay slowly got up and grabbed the diaper bag then lay back down. I handed him Noah and Jay changed him. Jay handed me Noah and I put him in his car seat "I'll go find Connor" "Ok." I got up and went looking for Connor.
 I found Connor in the ED talking to Ava. "Hey, Connor" "Hart how can I help" "I'm staying with Jay tonight and we're going to lock the door so no one takes Noah" "That's understandable it also saves me checking in on him" "Thanks Connor" I walked back up to Jay's room. 
"Connor said it's fine for us to lock the door" I turned around and shut the door before locking it. "I'm sleeping on the chair again" "Sleep on the bed" I sat on the bed and lay down next to Jay "I've missed this" I smiled and kissed him

Dani belongs to Alexmarie_19
Sorry it's short