Everyone Knows Now

I jumped out of the ambo "I'm going to run again" "Like to see you try" I ran into the common room and hid behind Casey "What's going on?" "She won't stop hugging me" "Look at her left hand" "I'm not showing anyone else my left hand" I hid my left hand behind my back "Might as well show us before Sylvie blurts it" "Sylvie can blurt it if I didn't want people knowing I wouldn't wear it" I gave her a look "If that's how you want it" she stopped and looked around the common room "guys can I have your attention" everyone walked in. I moved from behind Casey and sat on the chair next to him "Kat do you want to say it?" I said nothing and shot her a death look "Katrina over there" "Sylvie hurry up and say it before I die of boredom" "Ok Kat is engaged" Everyone looked over "And if anyone dares to hug me I will punch you in the face" Everyone who didn't know congratulated me "Get back to work"

Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Engine 51, Batallion 25 Structure Fire 75 West Lexington Street

I was glad that was over. I ran to the ambo and jumped in and waited on squad pulling out. I drove out after squad and headed the other direction to get there faster.
I jumped out the ambo and pulled on my gloves " Squad and Truck do a sweep 51 I want a line in there" I heard over the radio then a man came running over to me "There's no one inside they went to Canada on a holiday they left yesterday" I radioed "Chief there is no one inside they are in Canada" "Squad, Truck cancel the sweep" I took my gloves off as Engine put out the fire. I got back into the ambo and put my head on the wheel I waited for Sylvie just she was talking to Casey. There was a knock on the window and I looked up Jay was standing at the window. I smiled and opened the door and got out "Hey babe" "Hey handsome" I kissed him "You ok you look really pale" "I just feel really sick and I need to pee badly" He laughed and kissed me "So the only person that we hadn't told that has not said congratulations is Capp" "Sylvie called everyone into the common room and told them" "Babe you look really pale come sit in my car I have water in there" I walked to Jay's SUV and sat down with the door open "Hart you ok" "Yeah thanks Chief I just feel sick" "Katrina you look pale go back to the house and take the rest of the day off" "Chief I'm ok I will feel better after a sleep" "If you are sure but as soon as your sick or if you don't feel better after a sleep I'm sending you home" "Yes Chief" Jay was speaking to Erin so I decided to put my head down just until overhaul was finished.
Jay woke me up and overhaul must have been finished or Jay had to get going "Hey babe overhaul is finished and I told Sylvie you're not driving" I smiled and kissed him I stood up and he helped me to the ambo "Why were you here?" "There's been some stuff going on in this neighbourhood" "Ok" I kissed him and hugged him "Get some sleep as soon as you get back" "Yes Detective" I got into the ambo and Sylvie started driving back to 51.

I got out and walked to the bunk room. I took my boots off and put them next to my bed in case there was a call. I lay down and fell asleep. Severide woke me up "Good Afternoon sleepy head" "Severide?" "Yeah" "What time is it?" "5 pm Cruz is cooking but it is pasta" I smiled "That's good enough" I got up and put my boots on.
I walked into the common room and sat down at the long table. "Feeling better?" "No not really" "You don't look as pale maybe some food will help" "I really hope so" Cruz walked over with the plate and placed it "Thanks Cruz" "The rest of you can get it yourself" "Hows that fair" Herrmann shouted, "Becasue she's pregnant and looks like a ghost" "Thanks very much Joe" I smiled and started eating "This is better than Jay's" they all laughed. I finished my food and put the plate in the dishwasher and walked into the locker room.
I had a picture of the scan on my locker I looked at it and smiled. I sat on the bench and thought about our future. We hadn't talked any more about baby stuff we hadn't started talking about the wedding. I knew what kind of wedding I wanted I just wanted my sister to be at my wedding but the way she acted she won't be. I snapped out of my thoughts and I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and splashed my face with water then I walked back into the locker room. I put my stuff away then went to bed to get as much sleep as possible. I still didn't feel right I just hoped it was this baby doing something to my insides. I lay down in bed and started reading everyone else was getting ready for bed so they would be making as much noise as possible. Everyone was in bed so I put my book down and switched the light off. I was thinking about who I wanted to be bridesmaids and maid of honours. I know it's early but I couldn't sleep I had a few ideas but I wanted to speak to Jay about them first and decide on a date before we made any other choices.