History Repeats

I woke up around 6 am on my first day off. I decided to get ready and go for a run and watch the sunrise. I jump in a cold shower in an attempt to wake myself up more. I got out of the shower and put my wet hair up in a high ponytail. I looked through the wardrobe for clothes suitable for running. I picked out a black sports bra and black leggings as it was cold outside I grabbed my black half-zip jumper. I ran down the stairs to grab an apple. I put on my socks and trainers before grabbing my earphones, phone and keys. I locked the door and went to my car in the driveway.

I drove to my favourite running spot down by the beach by this point it was 6:55 am and the sunset was due at 7:03 am. I then put my music on and stretched before running along the beach. When I finished my run I stretched to cool down and then went back into my car. I then went back home.

When I got home again I had another shower as I was covered in sweat. I got out of the shower and put on a black dress with black high heeled over-the-knee boots. I got dressed and went downstairs to make some toast. I ate my toast and went back upstairs to brush my teeth and braid my hair into dutch braids. I ran downstairs grabbed a maroon scarf and put it on. I ran back upstairs after I realised I left my purse in my bedroom. I grabbed my purse, phone and keys. I locked the door and went to see Erin at the 21st district.

I arrived at the 21st district and went up to the front desk. It was Trudy Platt standing in her normal spot. " Hi Trudy," I say while walking towards the desk  " Do I know you" the replied slightly confused " I'm Katrina Hart my dad was Captain James Hart," I say hoping she remembers. " Katrina Hart your back in Chicago then," she says remembering me. " I am, I'm looking for Erin Lindsay," I say hoping shes about. " Come with me Katrina," she says going up the stairs. 

We get up the stairs and Trudy says " Erin you have a visitor" Erin looks confused and then notices me " Kat what are you doing here?" she says in her light voice " I decided to come to see where the famous Erin Lindsay worked" I said back hoping she doesn't mind that I'm here " well let me introduce you to everyone" she said lightly " This is Detective Jay Halstead,  Officer Adam Ruzek, Detective Antonio Dawson, Officer Kim Burgess, Officer Kevin Atwater" she said while pointing to everyone as she said their names" " Guys this is my friend from High School Kat Hart" she said while looking at the board hoping someone would flip it. " Nice to meet you all," I say while Jay flips the board. " Nice to meet you, Kat," Jay says after flipping the board. " and this is Sargent Hank Voight," She says as he walks in the room " Hey," he says walking into the office. Jay pulls Erin off to the side and starts talking to her by the way she was looking at him I could tell it was about her past. " haven't I seen you somewhere" Kim says to me while everyone else gets back to work " Yeah I'm the new PIC at 51" I say as soon as I say that I see Jay turning around thankful that I'm not a criminal hoping for a get out of jail free card " I better get going"  I say to her walking down the stairs " See you at Molly's?" Jay asks quickly " Maybe," I say pulling open the metal gate. I shout bye to Trudy and walk out to my car.

As I arrive home and walk into my house and see a tall muscular figure standing looking at the view. My heart drops to my stomach thinking it was a kidnapper or murderer. The tall muscular figure turns around and says " where have you been Hart" I noticed the voice straight away. "Kelly was your plan to give me heart failure and how did you get into my house?" I say confused." Way to repeat history severide" I mutter under my breath  "Your key was in the same spot as it used to be" he replied "How can I help you Severide" I answer avoiding his first question. " I wanted to make sure you were coming to Molly's," He said quickly " what is everyone's deal with asking me if I'm going to Molly's," I say slightly mad " I wanted to make sure you wouldn't be in by yourself tonight. Who else asked you?" He said in a sharp voice " Jay Halstead asked me as well" I say hoping Kelly doesn't have any history with him " ok I'll see you there then" He said while opening the door and walking out. I had spent most of the day driving and talking to people at the 21st district. I decided to get ready to go to Mollys.

I walk upstairs and take my hair out of the dutch braids hoping it was pull. As I the last braid out I see that it all goes together. I grab a pair of black ripped jeans with a loose black top and a leather jacket. I quickly get changed and do a smoky eye look. I run downstairs and eat some leftover chicken from a few nights before. I washed the plate and ran upstairs, I put on dark lipstick and grabbed another handbag from the wardrobe. I walked downstairs trying not to slip. I walk over to the door and grab my black high heel boots and pull them on. I find my phone and put it in my bag. I grab my keys and start walking to Molly's.

When I get to Molly's I see Jay sitting by himself. I walked over to him " Do you always sit by yourself?" I ask him sarcastically " Only when I'm waiting on a girl" he replies grinning " Can I get a beer Herrman," I say as he walks over. Herrmann grabs a beer and pops the top off for me " There you go kid" he says handing me the beer " Thanks Herrmann" I say catching Jay staring at me. " What?" I say to him when he turns away " Nothing I just haven't seen a girl as beautiful as you" He replies smiling at me. A few drinks later " I better get going I have a shift tomorrow" I say standing up " Let me walk you home" Jay says standing up after me " Ok if you insist" I say hoping he does. Jay gets up and opens the door. " See you tomorrow Herrmann" I shout walking out. 

We get up to my house and I invite Jay in for one more drink. We have that final drink while talking about our pasts. Jay leans over and kisses me and I kiss back. We end up kissing " Why don't you stay the night," I say to him wanting him to "why not," he says with a grin. He walks up to the bedroom behind me " I'm going to get ready for bed" I say to him walking into the bathroom. I remove my make up and brush my teeth I then change into a tank top and pair of booty shorts. I walk out and see Jay lying on my bed. I smile to him as I get into bed. We lie-down. I put my head on his chest and fall asleep.