Sealstead

I woke up to the smell of Mills' cooking and had to go get some. " She's awake then," Capp says from the table. "It's the only place I could sleep without Jay grabbing his gun at 8 in the morning," I say looking at Georgie. " Hey I'm sorry but Jay didn't have to grab his gun" "We thought you were a robber so of course, he grabbed his gun and badge" I grabbed a plate and got some food then went through to the bunk room. 

I saw Severide was in his quarters so I knocked on his door. He opened the door " You ok?" " Yeah just tired" "Look I know the date and I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to" "Thanks Severide" "I heard you shouting at your sister about a gun" " Yeah Jay had to grab his gun at 8 this morning" "Why?" "Georgie was banging or dropping stuff I don't know what and I don't want to know and we thought someone was breaking in and stealing stuff" "Well that's the good part of dating a cop they have a gun" he started laughing " well that's true" he sat on the bed next to me and turned to face me " Kat I know it's hard at this time of year and I'm always going to be here for you no matter wither you and Jay are married or you have kids of your own" I started to cry " I've never told anyone about my dad dying except you and Jay". Georgie knocked on the door. I wiped my tear away just as she walked in "What's up Georgie" "Jay's here" " I'll be right out" Severide hugs me and pulls away " Go see the man you love" I walked out his quarters.

I walked into the common room to see Jay standing with Erin. " Hey Kat" "This isn't a pleasure visit then" "What do you mean?" " You called me Kat" " I'm sorry" "I'm only joking" I walked up to him and kissed him "So how can we help you?" "The case you responded to the DOA" "That one," I said as another tear rolled down my face. Jay walked up to me and wiped the tear away. " Jay, Erin, Kat you can use my quarters," Casey said walking in " Thanks Casey" We walked along to the bunk room then into Caseys quarters " You ok Kat?" Erin said to me. "Yeah it's just a tough time" Jay hugged me " So back to the reason you're here" "was there any sign that he had been murdered?" 

Ambulance 61 Man down unknown causes 142 West Hastings Street

"I've got to go, ask Severide also Jay feel free to take my sister with you" "You can keep your sister" I ran out to the ambo and got in and started driving "Main to Ambulance 61 cancel that call" I heard through the radio " Ambulance 61 to Main our ETA is 2 minutes" " Main to Ambulance 61 the man is DOA and police want crime lab instead" "Copy that main" I turned around and headed back to 51. When we got there Jay's work car wasn't there.

 I walked in and saw Severide looking at me "Severide can I talk to you?" the whole house went "ooohhhh" I walked into the conference room "Severide I can't do this anymore" "Kat..." " Georgie wants to go see my dad's badge on the wall but I don't think I can go. She acts like he was never at 51 or his photo isn't on the walls near Boden's office" "Kat it's going to be ok" He hugged me just as Jay walked in. Jay saw us hugging and walked out "Jay wait up" "Kat I don't want to hear it. I knew something was going on between you and him" "Jay nothings going on between me and Severide. He's engaged and I love you" I said just as a tear falls down my face. " I'm sorry baby. I overreacted my last girlfriend cheated on me just before I proposed" "I'm glad she did because I wouldn't love you as much as I do" I said before kissing him. I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the bunk room. " Jay the reason Kelly and I were hugging is because he was the one who was there for me after my dad died. He died the day after my 17th birthday"  He pulled me close and hugged me. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know" "Severide was the only person that knew and was able to calm me down and stop me drinking" "I'm here now," He said kissing me. "I've got to go but I love you." "I love you too" I kissed him before walking into the common room. By this point in the day, it was 8 pm. I decided to brush my teeth and read my book. I brushed my teeth then went to my bed to read my book. I fell around 9 pm.

 Ambulance 61 Man down 1371 South Halstead Street.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time while running to the ambo. It was 2:46 am and it was the time the bars close which makes sense on why we got a man down call. We arrived at South Halstead Street but there was so sign of a man down. There was no point phoning Jay because he wasn't on duty anymore. "Ambulance 61 to Main We have no sign of a man down" "Main to Ambulance 61 return to base" "Copy That main" We got back into the ambo and drove back to 51. When we got back to 51 I saw a figure standing in the common room. It looked like Jay but I thought it was just my imagination so I went to bed. "How was that case," Severide said sitting on my bed " We couldn't find any signs of a man down" Severide moved off my bed " Well let me be the first person of today to say Happy Birthday" "Thanks Severide" I got into bed and Severide walked back to his quarters.