Party Surprises

A Week Later

Noah was screaming which was strange for him. I rolled out of bed trying to let Jay sleep.
I walked into the nursery and picked Noah up "What's wrong little man?" I walked over to the rocking chair and sat down. I started rocking Noah when Jay walked in "Jay go back to bed" "No" I looked down at Noah and felt his head "Jay feel his head" Jay walked over and placed the back of his hand on Noah's head "He's hot" I nodded "I'll go get the thermometer" I nodded and walked over to the changing table. I took Noah's little babygrow off and left him in his diaper. Jay walked back in and handed me the thermometer. I checked Noah's temperature and it was slightly higher than normal. "What's the time?" "6 am" "I'll just stay up" "I can tell Dani and Kelly we aren't coming" "No way whatever they have to tell us they will probably tell us today" he laughed and looked at Noah "I'll go make us breakfast" I nodded and Jay walked out. I walked back over to the rocking chair and sat down before feeding Noah. 
Jay walked in with a plate of pancakes each "That looks good" I smiled and burped Noah then placed him in his cot. I took out my phone and messaged Dani "Are you going to tell me yet?" I looked at Jay "I'm going insane not knowing whatever Dani and Kelly have to tell us" he laughed "Eat your pancakes" I took the pancakes from him and started eating them. I turned to him "When can we get our dog back? Noah is 2 weeks old" "When I go back to work" I gave him a look. "I want to ask people soon" "So do it" "I only have something for Dani, Erin, Kim and Nat" "So get something for Sylvie" "I'll use that necklace I chose" "Yeah" "What about you" "A text will do" I laughed "At least ask them in person" "Maybe today then" I turned to Noah "Pageboy?" "Yeah, how old will he be?" "If we do go for that December date then 11 months or a year if we go after Christmas" "Why not Christmas day" "We can't do that" "Why not?" "Because no one would show up" I laughed and walked over to the cot and picked Noah up and walked over to Jay. I leaned down and kissed him "I'm going to go bathe Noah" "I'll come." I walked through to our en-suite and sat on the floor while Jay turned the bath on. Jay sat down next to me and hugged me "I need to send in for a new turnout jacket" "Why?" "So it can have Halstead on it" "Why this early?" "So it's here in time" "In time for what?" "The wedding" "Why?" "So when we leave I can wear it" I smiled "If you're getting a new turnout jacket don't you need a new name bar?" "I need a name bar, 2 turnout jackets" "You're crazy for paying for all that" "I don't pay for it" I smiled and put Noah in the bath and bathed him. I took Noah out and wrapped him in his little towel.

 I took Noah out and wrapped him in his little towel

Jay walked in with a diaper. "Can you change him while I shower?" "Yeah" "Don't put any clothes on him I'll pick something out" "Ok" I handed Noah to Jay and stood up. Once I got out the shower I straightened my hair and did a really light makeup look. I walked out to the bedroom and Jay was sitting on the bed holding Noah. "I have a surprise for you" He looked at me strangely "It arrived yesterday" "What is it?" "You will see once Noah is dressed" I opened the wardrobe and looked inside. I knew what I wanted Noah to wear so I tried to match it. I chose a light grey short dress and a pair of grey high heeled boots. I turned around to Jay "I'm going to make Noah match so you have to match" I smiled and took Noah from him "What colours?" "Grey and light blue" "Ok" I smiled and walked to the nursery.
I put Noah on the changing table and took out the outfit I had planned for him.