Protecting

Truck 81, Ambulance 61 Man Stuck 163 South Shelby Court

I woke up with the sound of the bells I jumped up and ran to the ambo. Sylvie threw me the keys and I jumped in and started the ambo. I pulled away from the firehouse and drove to Shelby Court. We arrived there and it was a man with his arm stuck in a chair how he did it. I don't know truck set him free and we checked him over quickly and set him on his way. I jumped back into the ambo and drove back to 51. 

We got out of the ambo and Sylvie followed me into the bathroom. I had tears in my eyes so I quickly wiped them away. "Kat I saw you wiping your tears away" I turned around "Sylvie I'm fine" "Then why do you have tears in your eyes" Severide walked in "Sylvie I'm fine" "You're not" Severide walked around the corner " Kat you look like your dad just died again" "Thanks Severide" "I didn't mean it like that" "So how did you mean it?" "That you look like you're about to break down". I sat on the bathroom floor and Severide locked the door and turned the shower on. "Kat you have two options here you tell us what's wrong or I phone Jay," I said nothing. Sylvie took out her phone and walked out of the bathroom with Kelly behind. Casey came in and saw me sitting there he walked across and sat down next to me. "I'm guessing Sylvie is phoning Jay" "Yep" "and let me guess, there is nothing wrong and the hormones are making you crazy" I nodded my head then Jay walked in.

 "Were you waiting for the phone call?" "No, I was around the corner following a lead" Casey got up and walked out. "Every time I see someone's name from 51 come up on my phone I'm going to think the worse" "Jay I'm fine" He pulled out his wallet and took the scan out and handed it to me I started crying. "I don't call that fine Kat" I moved closer to him "I don't call that fine either I call it hormones" he grabbed me and held me tight. I felt another tear roll down my eye and I heard the door open Cruz walked in "I didn't mean to disturb anything" "Joe you're fine" He walked over and bent down "I might be fine but you are not fine" He then looked at Jay who was still holding me. "Cruz I know you are with Chloe which is why I trust you" He looked at Jay "Can you sit here with her I need to get back to work" Joe nodded "Sure" "Thanks Cruz". He sat down and held me until I calmed down "Thanks Cruz" I stood up and walked out. 

I was meant to be on dinner duty but no one wanted to eat what I was in the mood for so Mills took over while I grabbed a packet of crisps and a glass of water. I ate the crisps then went out to the apparatus floor and sat in the back of the ambo for some quiet time. I was enjoying the peace until I heard arguing and I recognized both the voices. I jumped out the back of the ambo and ran over to Jay and Atwater fighting. Atwater saw me but I don't think Jay did, Jay was ready to hit him and he was ready to hit Jay. I stood in between them "Stop fighting I don't care what this is about but you and I both know that I would be any of you in a fight pregnant or not" They both walked away "Atwater stand over there, Halstead stand over there" "I'm getti-" I gave him a look "Say it Jay come on" he walked away to where I told him to stand. I walked over to Atwater "What the hell was that about" I shouted "We lost the suspect because I was alone and he came here to see you" "Atwater you remember that I'm pregnant don't you" He nodded "What happened if something was seriously wrong and all I wanted was Jay" he looked down "You would never forgive yourself for that" I shouted. I then walked over to Jay "Don't say anything" I walked away "Both of you get out of here until you can calm down"

 I walked into the common room. "You ok all I heard was you shouting" I ignored Otis and walked straight to the bunk rooms. I sat down on the bed and Casey walked out of his quarters "Why don't you sleep in there it might give you some peace" "Thanks for the offer Matt but I'm not tired" He sat down next to me "Find a plate and smash it" I gave him a strange look "It let's out stress, anger and any other feelings" "I'll try it one day" He got up and walked into the common room. I suddenly remembered we had a boxing bag outside on the apparatus floor I didn't care that I was pregnant I just wanted to let the anger out. I walked to my locker to grab my tape so I could tape my hands before putting the gloves on. I walked out to the apparatus floor and I taped my hands and then put the gloves on. I started with some jabs at a normal rate then I wanted to let more anger out so I started punching harder and faster. Kelly walked over and grabbed my hand as I was throwing a punch and the bag. "You're going to faint if you keep going" I pulled the gloves off and started unwrapping my hands. I walked into the bunk room and took off my boots Severide walked over with a glass of water "Severide I can get myself a glass of water" "I know I just don't want you fainting on my watch" I grabbed the water out his hand and took a sip. "Kelly I don't say this often but your great and Dani deserves to be with you" He smiled and got up. I lay down on the bed and thought about random stuff my phone buzzed and I looked at it "Hey Babe I'm sorry for earlier get some sleep and I will see you tomorrow x" I smiled then eventually fell asleep.