"That Bad"

I suddenly snapped out of my sleep because my phone was ringing. I looked at the caller ID and it was Jay "Hey babe" "Hey what's wrong?" "Noah is crying and he won't stop" "Have you tried everything?" "Twice" "Bring him here then" "I'm outside I didn't want to wake everyone" "Bring him in" "Ok" The line went dead and I rubbed my face and stood up. I looked at the time and it was 4 am. I walked to the common room and sat down on the sofa.
Jay walked in with a crying Noah in his arms "Hey little man" I stood up and took Noah from him before kissing him. "Hey shh shh" I rocked him but he wouldn't stop "Come with me little man" I stood up and walked to the locker room.
I sat down on the bench and opened my locker. I took my duffel bag out and then took his giraffe pacifier. I knew it would be cold so it would take the pain away. I used his pacifier and then rocked him and he fell asleep. I walked through to the common room with Noah and Jay was lying sleeping on the sofa. "Let's put you in mommy's bed" I smiled and walked through to the bunk room. I placed Noah on my bed then sat at the bottom and watched him sleep. 
A couple of hours went by and kelly walked over "Jay called out already?" "Nah Noah wouldn't sleep Jay is in the common room sleeping" "Want me to wake him" "That's a bad idea" "Why" "He will fight you I'll go wake him when Noah wakes up" "I'll watch Noah you go wake Jay" I nodded and walked through to the common room. 
Jay was still lying on the sofa asleep. I crouched down in front of him "Baby hey baby" he slowly woke up from his sleep "What time is it?" "Around 6" "Did you get Noah to sleep?" "Yeah, he was teething" "Where is he?" "Kellys watching him" "I'll go get him" "I'll get him I need to grab my phone anyway" "Ok" I stood up and walked through to the bunk room. "He woke up" "He'll be hungry" Kelly handed me Noah "You are going to be a great dad" I smiled and hugged him then walked through to the common room with Kelly behind me "Coffee?" "Yeah please" "Jay?" "Nah I'm ok," he said while yawning. I opened the diaper bag and took out one of Noah's bottles and walked over to the microwave. I put the bottle into heat When it was done I tested it on the inside of my wrist to make sure it was not too hot. I walked over to the circle table and sat down and started feeding Noah. Everyone else started slowly coming into the common room. Noah finished his bottle so I burped him then put him on the floor and he walked over to the coffee table.

"Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Engine 51, Truck 81 structure fire 3475 South Laflin Street" 

"Great" I kissed Jay then Noah's head then ran to the ambo. I pulled on my radio then jumped in. Squad 3 left 30 seconds before us. I pulled out of the apparatus floor and hit the blue lights. "So Jay was here early this morning" "If you call 4 am early then yeah" "4 am?" "Yeah Noah was teething and he didn't know what to do" "Aww that's sweet" I nodded. "Antonio is coming back today" "That's good isn't it" "Yeah I've missed him" I laughed.

I pulled on my gloves before jumping out and grabbing the gurney. "Brett, Hart I'm coming out with someone" I looked at Sylvie then Matt came running out holding a kid. "And this is where I lose it" Casey put her on the gurney and I quickly checked her pulse "I've got a weak one" "Med"  I nodded and we quickly put her in the ambo. I ran to the front and jumped in before hitting the lights and driving off to med. "Kat how long?" "ETA 2 minutes" "Faster Kat" I pressed on the gas.

I opened my door and ran around to the back of the ambo. "What we got?" Will was standing waiting for us when we arrived. "A tired mother" I smiled then pulled the gurney out the back of the ambo "Girl unknown age pulled out a-" We followed Will into Trauma 1. "Thanks, guys" I nodded and walked over to Maggie "Maggie we brought in a suicide jumper yesterday" "Do you know her name?" "Lucy I didn't get her last name" "Ah Lucy Frost she is in treatment 3 still" "Thanks Maggie" I walked over to Sylvie "Can you do the paperwork I want to go see the girl from yesterday" "Yeah go ahead" "Thanks" I walked over to treatment 3 and knocked on the door. 
She looked up and I walked in "Hey Lucy" "Hi Kat this is my mom Rachel" I walked over and shook her hand "Katrina Hart nice to meet you" I smiled "Mom Kat was the one that stopped me jumping" Her mom looked at me "Thank you so much for saving her" "I would normally say it's my job but I can't say I did anything this time" "Thank you anyway" "I better get going I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing" "Thanks Kat" "Remember you can phone me at any point" I smiled and walked out and over to the nurse's station where Sylvie was standing "You know you should become squad" "Why is that?" "2 dangerous recuses in 1 day" I laughed and we walked out to the ambo "I'll stick with ambo and truck" "I'm gonna tell Severide he needs you on his team" "Nah he doesn't he offered me a shift on it ages ago I just never took him up on it" I jumped in the ambo "You should have" I laughed and started driving back to 51. "So is Antonio coming to this picnic tomorrow?" "I hope so" I smiled