Big Day

When I woke up Jay's hand was around my waist. I turned over to face him I kissed his forehead before getting up to go pee. I washed my face while I was in the bathroom. I had a few ideas on how to tell my sister and the 21st district. I made a fruit salad and ate it. I sat on the sofa and I had to run to the bathroom. I started being sick and then Jay came in and grabbed my hair with both hands. "Thanks" "It's ok" I brushed my teeth to get rid of the taste. I flushed the toilet then sat on the bed. "So how do you want to tell your sister?" "I saw a dog outfit that said 'Promoted to big sister' and we could use that on more than my sister" "I like that idea" "So how do you want to tell intelligence?" "I really don't know what idea do you have?" "I come over for the day and put the test in the cupboard and everyone will think it's Kim or Erin's and we tell them eventually after they all solve it because they are detectives" "Let's do tha-" I got up and ran to the toilet. Jay came behind me again but he tied my hair up. I brushed my teeth again hoping I wouldn't be sick "Let's get changed and go buy that outfit" Jay wasn't due into work until 12 today so he could help me with my sister. I got changed and put on black jeans with a grey vest top and a pair of converse. I put my hair up into a high ponytail and I didn't do any makeup becasue by the time I got changed I was tired. I walked downstairs and grabbed Coco and put her harness on her. I attached the lead to her harness. Jay grabbed my phone and purse and we got into the car. I strapped Coco into the back and then got in. We drove to Petco.

We arrived at Petco and I unstrapped Coco from the back and put her lead on her harness. I let her out of the car and we walked in. Coco went straight to the toys so we got her a toy for being a good girl on the car ride. We walked to the clothing aisle and we found a grey outfit with 'promoted to big sister' written in pink. We went to the checkouts and bought the outfit and toy. "Congratulations" "Thanks" I looked at Jay. Jay paid while I walked out to the car with Coco. I lifted Coco in and removed her leash from her harness and strapped her into the car. I got into the car and waited for Jay. Jay came out and handed me the bag. I gave Coco her toy and we drove home. 

We got home and Jay got Coco out of the car while I opened the door. Georgie was still in bed and I didn't blame her. I picked up Coco and put her outfit on I opened the guest bedroom door and put Coco on the bed. I walked out and sat next to Jay on the sofa. I curled up into a ball and put my head on his chest. About 5 minutes later Georgie walked out with Coco "Who's idea was it to put Coco on my bed to wake me?" Jay and I looked at each other "Georgie have you read the outfit she has on?" "No" she looked at the outfit and started to cry "Are you serious" "yeah, you're going to be an auntie" I stood up and walked over to her. She put Coco down and hugged me I could feel the tears in my eyes when I stepped back. She looked at Jay and ran over and hugged him Jay looked slightly scared so I started to laugh. "You can go back to bed now" "I will" she walked away. I picked Coco up and hugged him. Jay went to get his gun and badge I grabbed the pregnancy test from the cupboard. Jay put Coco back into her cage and we went out to the car. Jay started the car and we drove to the 21st district.

We got to the 21st district and Jay parked in the Intelligence parking spots. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag. Jay walked around and took my hand. "Morning Trudy" "Morning Katrina" "Morning Platt, anything for me to take up today?" "Nope you can just go up" Jay walked up and put his print and pin in. He opened the gate and waited for me the gate slammed behind us as we walked up the stairs and I sat down at Jay's desk while he went to see Voight. He saw me sitting there and picked up and put me down on his lap. "In my bag" He opened my bag and took out the pregnancy test. I got off his lap and he got up to make a cup of coffee. "Today is paperwork day so it will be boring" "Try a day at 51 that's what you call boring" He grabbed another chair and put it next to his desk. Erin walked up the stairs "Morning" "Morning Erin" she looked at me "Katrina Hart something is different about you today" "nope nothing" she looked at Jay. She took her jacket off and put it on the back of the seat. She sat down "No cases today then" "Nope paperwork day" you could see her face drop when Jay said paperwork. Ruzek and Kim came up the stairs 5 minutes later. "Morning people" "Morning Ruzek" "Morning Guys," Kim said tiredly. Atwater was the only person not here. I looked at Jay and Erin caught me. "So what's happening between you two?" I looked at Jay "Lindsay nothing to worry about" he said filling paper work out. Atwater came up the stairs "Anyone want coffee?" "I'll have one Lindsay" "I'm fine" "Just Jay and Ruzek then. I looked at Jay worried Erin opened the cupboard and grabbed a few cups out. Jay looked at me and kissed me I took a post-it note and wrote: "What happens if this goes south?" "It won't" He mouthed. 

Erin saw the test and walked out "Who is dumb enough to leave a pregnancy test in the cupboard?" She looked at Kim then me I said nothing "It wasn't me" Kim said shocked They all looked at me "And why would it be me?" She nodded "Ok what boy hooked up with someone and got them pregnant?" She looked at Ruzek "Hey it was not me" "Atwater?" "You seriously think I hooked up with someone and got them pregnant?" "Good point" Everyone looked at Jay "What?" "You're the only person left" "There's Voight" They all turned around to look at Voight while they did I wrote on the Post-It note: "Just tell them" He nodded and put it in the bin. They all turned back around they all looked at Jay and I. Jay looked at me with that look on his face. He took out his phoned and showed them a picture of Coco with her outfit on. They were all really confused "I thought you were a detective Erin" she looked at me " Read what it says" She looked at it and then looked at Jay and I "No, you aren't serious" I started to laugh I stood up and Erin ran up and hugged me. Everyone else was still confused "Guys read the writing " They all looked at Jay. "Really Jay" Jay stood up and shook everyone's hand Kim was still really confused "Kim I'm pregnant" She looked at me and then hugged me. Ruzek opened his mouth "If you say what I think you're going to say I will punch you" "What do you think I'm going to say" "The same thing you say every time someone gets pregnant" "I'll say it for you Ruzek" "Jay you finally got someone knocked up" Jay looked at Atwater and he turned around and sat at his desk. 

Voight came out of his office "What's happening in here?" Erin looked at me and she couldn't keep it in "Kat's pregnant" He looked at me and walked up "Congratulations" He hugged me and then looked at Jay. "You hurt her and you will be out of this unit in a flash" "Yes Sargent" Trudy walked up the stairs to hand Jay a parcel. "What have I missed?" Jay opened the parcel "Well this took its time coming" He took it out the box "Happy late birthday Kat" He handed me a box of dog treats. I laughed and hugged him. "But seriously what did I miss" Jay pulled out his phone and showed Trudy the picture. She looked at it then hugged Jay and I "Congratulations" "Thanks guys please don't tell anyone just yet" We sat for a while then we had to go take Georgie to the airport. She met us at the 21st district with her suitcases. Jay lifted them into the car and we drove to the airport.

We got to the airport and Jay took her suitcases out of the back of the car. I got out and hugged her I could feel the tears coming down my face. "Don't cry Kat, I love you" "I love you too" Georgie walked into the airport and Jay came around to my side of the car. I started crying and Jay grabbed me and kissed me "She will be ok" He helped me into the car and we started to drive home "I'm not in the mood for Molly's" The airport is a half an hour drive away from the house.

We got home and I kissed Coco goodnight because I was tired. I walked upstairs and got changed into one of Jay's shirts and some booty shorts. I brushed my teeth and fell asleep. A few hours later I felt Jay come into bed. He lifted my head and put it on his chest he put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.