"A New Detective"

This chapter is a crossover with  Alexmarie_19 's book 

I woke up and Jay still had his arm around me. I tried to sneak out of bed but Jay woke up "I'm sorry babe" I kissed his forehead "what's the time?" "7 am" I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I had to pee but I was sick before I could pee. Jay grabbed my hair again "Babe you don't have to that daily" "whatever you go through I'm going to be beside you the whole time" "I would kiss you right now but I don't think I will" 15 minutes later I got ready for work I grabbed a pair of black leggings and one of Jay's CPD hoodies "that's mine" "that's exactly why I'm wearing it" He laughed and kissed my head. I brushed my teeth and put my hair into a low bun. I walked up to Jay and kissed him. I grabbed a few of my uniforms and folded them. Jay walked up the stairs with my bag and packed it for me. "I made you lunch while you were getting ready just in case the food there makes you sick" "Aww babe you didn't have to do that" I kissed him again. I walked downstairs with my bag. Jay grabbed my shoes and handed them to me "I can get them you know" "I know but I feel useless when you're throwing up" "Babe it's ok, save your energy for when I can't bend down" he laughed at me "I'm being serious, now grab you gun and badge" I went to grab my bag but before I could. "Really Jay" "I'm sorry" I walked out to the car and waited for Jay. Jay got in and started the car.

"Jay, when do you want to tell your family?" "I only really have Will and I think we should tell him after 51. What about your family?" "We told Georgie yesterday, as you know my dad died and my mum died last year which is why I moved back here" "Baby I'm so sorry" "There's nothing to be sorry about my mum and I weren't close. 51's my family now" He put his hand on my thigh and we arrived at 51. I opened the door and went to get my bag " Jay leave it. Severide will already question it because I'm wearing flats and not heels" "fine but I'm not happy about it". I see Kelly pull up with someone in his car. I forgot Kidd had gone back home for a bit because she was home sick "Who's that in Severide's car?" "It must be the infamous Dani" "Dani?" "From what I've heard she's the only one Severide will listen to". I put my bag back into Jay's car and walk over to meet her. "Nice to finally meet you Danielle" she smiled and replied "Nice to meet you Katrina but you can call me Dani and baby blues over here told me you like being called Kat" Kay walked over probably trying to carry my bag for me. When he saw Dani his eyes widened. He looked down at her when she noticed him she smiled and hugged him. My heart sunk to my stomach. I can't lie I got a bit jealous. He looked at me "This is my sister well step-sister but we are as close as blood and well Dani this is my girlfriend. I gave out a sigh she smiled and congratulated him. He walked over and I kissed him and hugged him. "I need to see Boden" "I'll catch up with you I need to remind him" I walked down to Jay's car and Severide was standing there "Why aren't you wearing heels?" "because I didn't feel like it" "Katrina Hart there is something wrong" "Severide you would know if there is" "Kat you were pale as can be last shift, your wearing flats and Jay tried to carry your bag. Something is wrong" I grabbed my bag and walked up to the apparatus floor. 

Jay was standing waiting for me "One of these days you will let me carry your bag" "yeah when 51 knows. Severides already questioning it all. He's a new detective at the 21st" We walked into Chief Boden's office "Jay, Katrina how can I help you" "I just came to remind you I'm leaving at 2" "That's fine Katrina" "See you at 2 Jay" I kissed him then walked to the locker room. Sylvie was standing there "Who have you told?" "My sister and the 21st district" I got changed just as the bells went

Ambulance 61 Man Down unknown causes 1465 South Loomis Street

I run to the ambo and get in. I drive out of 51 and hit the lights "What do you think of Dani?" "She seems ok, I still can't believe that she's shorter than me and Severide and that she can get Severide to listen" We arrived and I pulled my gloves on and grabbed the medical bags "In here" "Ma'm what happened" I shouted running up to the house "I don't know one minute he was talking about work net minute he was on the floor" "Let's get the pads on him" I grabbed the pads and put them on his chest " Normal rhythm. Ma'm is he allergic to anything?" "Yeah, dairy" "Is there any chance he had dairy" "he likes eating cheese dairy or not" "Epipen" I grabbed the Epi-pen and passed it to Sylvie. She injected it into his leg he took a big breath of air. "Sir, can you tell me where you are?" "In my house," he said crooked "do you think you can walk out to the ambo?" "yes" "1..2..3.. and we're up" Sylvie got into the ambo with his wife" I pressed the lights and we were on the way to med"

"Sylvie talk to me" "Hey Maggie this is Jim around 2 pm he had an allergic reaction to cheese" "Trauma 4 please" I help Sylvie down with the wheelchair. Sylvie went to restock the ambo while I filled out the paperwork "Hey Hart you're coming in later right" "yeah why" "What doctor do you want?" "Who's on?" "Nat, Will, Ethan or the trauma surgeons" "I'll go with Nat" "Thanks Maggie" I grabbed the paperwork and went out to the ambo" We started driving back to 51 "So Sylvie who have you told?" "Told what" "That I'm pregnant" "Just Gabby becasue she's not here and her brother isn't at the 21st anymore and Jay and him were close" "Ok then" 

I pulled up to 51 and jumped out Jay was standing waiting for me "Let me get my bag" I walked to the locker room and grabbed my bag before walking to Boden's office. I handed Jay my bag on my way past. "Chief I'm going now" "We will see you next shift Hart". I walked back out and tried to take my bag from Jay but he wouldn't let me. Severide gave me a strange look but I ignored it. I got into Jay's car and we started driving to med. "So who are you with" "Nat I had the choice of Nat, Will, Ethan or the Surgeons" "Why not Will" "His brother's pregnant girlfriend he doesn't even know is pregnant. That would go down great when we tell him" "Ok good point" 

We arrived at med and Jay grabbed my bag and walked in with me I stopped him before we went in "How about I tell Nat and ask for an appointment with her" "That's a good idea" We continued walking up and Will was standing at the doors. I gave Jay a look "Hey Jay what are you doing here?" "I'm just dropping Kat off" "Hey Will" "Hey Kat" "Jay you better get back to work I don't want Erin killing anyone" He kissed me then walked out to the car. "I've not seen my brother that happy for ages" "I'm glad he's happy, I'm looking for Nat" "Go through to the staff base she will be in there" "Thanks Will" I walked into the staff base and Nat was looking at some scans. "Hey, Hart I heard you're with me today" "Yeah I am" "Ok great do you see anything in these scans?" "There's a white patch there" "Thank you so much Kat" "It's ok" "wait in here I need to do something then I'll be back" I took a seat on one of the sofas and put my bag next to it"