The Highs and Lows

I woke up and tried to roll out of bed but Jay's arm was around my waist. "Stay" he moaned "Jay I'm going to be late" "noo" he moaned again I kissed him a few time then he let go of me "Thanks Jay" I rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom. I had to pee really badly which was unusual. I put my hair into a high ponytail and did my makeup. I walked into the bedroom and Jay was lying down with his hands behind his head so he could see me. "You're going to be late if you drop me off" "I don't mind I'll get Erin to cover for me" "Jay, Erin can't keep covering for you because of me you're going to lose your job" " I don't mind as long as I'm with you" "Well I do mind" Jay got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I grabbed a pair of black legging and a black top and my black trainers and got dressed. Jay came out of the bathroom and I kissed him. I walked downstairs to wake Georgie up. Georgie was already sitting playing with Coco. She had her IDF jacket on with her work trousers and boots. "So you ready?" "Yes," I walked into the kitchen and ate an apple. I ran back upstairs and brushed my teeth. I ran downstairs and grabbed my bag and phone off charge. Georgie and I got into the car while Jay locked the door. I threw my bag into the back of his car. Jay got into the car and drove us to work.

We arrived at 51 and I kissed Jay before grabbing my bag and walking up to the apparatus floor. Kelly came up to us "Georgie I heard your on squad in Indianapolis" "Yeah I am" " How about you join squad for this shift if it's ok with Kat" "If you want Georgie, go ahead." "I'll do it then" "I'm not sending you into any burning buildings but anything else you can help out with" Thanks, Lieutenant" "Thanks Severide". I walked into the locker room and Kidd getting changed. "Hey, Kidd" "Key Hart" Sylvie walked in "Why's Jay sitting outside 51" "He's away to work" "Nope he's outside 51" I got changed and walked out to see Jay sitting in his car.

 I opened the door and got in.  His head was down like he didn't want to see someone. "Jay what's up" Jay looked up with a tear falling down his face. I grabbed him and held him just like he had held me. Sylvie came down "I'll be back Jay" I opened the door and stepped out "Can you ask Boden to take 61 out of service for a bit" "Is everything ok" I turned around and Jay had his head in his hands " I don't know yet" "I'll go ask him" "Thanks Brett" I opened the door and held Jay again. "Baby, you need to speak to me" He kept crying I saw Sylvie come out and give me the thumbs up "Baby please talk to me" I got a text from Erin "Hey is Jay with you? He hasn't showed for work"  I texted her back "He's with me. I found him outside 51 crying. Is there something I should know about?" " I don't think so I can't remember him being upset on this date" "Thanks Erin" "I'll message Will in case he knows anything". I could see the tears rolling down his face. "Jay, Baby talk to me. It kills me to see you upset" I saw Severide walking down I signalled him to go back up. Jay sat up and looked at me I wiped away the tear with my sleeve. "My first partner from patrol died this morning. He was shot in the line of duty" "Baby" I grabbed him again. "Come into 51 it's better than sitting here" "ok" "Severide will let me use his quarters" I walked up holding his hand.

"Go through to the bunk room I'll make sure Kelly's ok with it" Jay walked away. Severide saw me and walked over "Is he ok?" "He'll be fine can we use your quarters?" "Go ahead" "Thanks Severide" I walked into the bunk room to see Jay sitting on my bed. I grabbed him and we walked into Severides quarters. I shut the door and pulled the blinds down. Jay was still crying "I'm going to phone Erin and tell her you will be late" I walked out and phoned Erin "Jay?" "Erin it's Kat" "How is he?" "He's not great. His partner from patrol died this morning" "That will explain why Platt isn't herself as well" "Yeah probably, I'm going to keep him here until he calms down" "That makes sense. Tell him I love him as a partner and I wouldn't do anything to change him" " I'll shorten that to you love him" "I'll see you soon" "Bye Erin". I walked back into Kelly's quarters. "Erin says she loves you" He fell into me. I kissed his forehead a few times. After an hour he calmed down and was ready to work. I walked him out to the car and then kissed him "Be safe" "I will" I watched him drive off.

I walked back up to ask Boden to put 61 back into service. "Chief can you put 61 back in service" "Of Course I can. Is everything ok with Jay?" "His first partner died in the line of duty this morning. He took it pretty hard" "Understandable you can go now" I walked out and into the common room. It was 1:48 pm and I finally was ready to work. I didn't like the smell of the food which was normal because Cruz had been cooking. I grabbed myself a packet of cheese and onion crisps instead. I ate my crisps just as the bells went.

Squad 3, Truck 81, Battalion 25 Single-Car accident Roosevelt road

Boden walked into the common room. "61 your back in service as of now" "Thanks Chief" I sat on the sofa and put the tv on. When Squad and Truck came back I went to see Severide. "So I heard something about Dani coming back" "Yeah next shift" "I can't wait to meet her" I walked back into the common room to see Cruz cooking. "Cruz, what you cooking" "Pasta, why?" "Just wondering also don't burn it this time" everyone started laughing. I sat down and read my book at the table. Cruz had finally finished cooking and it was edible this time. I ate the food then went to brush my teeth. I walked into the shower room and Kidd was in there. "I heard about Jay. Hope he's alright" "He will be fine eventually" I started to brush my teeth. "I'm going to bed" "yeah same with all the Jay stuff I really need a sleep" Kidd started to laugh. I walked along to the bunk room. I took my boots off and put them at the side of my bed. I got into bed and fell asleep right away. I could hear the boys arguing but I really didn't care.