Explosion

I opened the car door before Jay even stopped the car. "I love you" I jumped out and ran up to one of the cars. I turned around and smiled at Jay. "Hey honey, what's your name?" "Ruby" "Hey Ruby I'm Kat" I fell down on the floor and checked under the car. Then truck and squad pulled up. I turned around and looked at them "I've got a driver and a kid passenger" Severide and Cruz came running across
"There's a leak" Severide nodded. "Hey, Ruby can you tell me where it hurts?" "My chest" I looked at Severide "Can you point to where?" she pointed to the right side of her chest "What about your neck?" "It's a small bit sore" "Ruby I'll be right back these are my friends, Kelly and Joe, they are going to get you out" I smiled and ran over to 61.
"Brett I'm stealing a kids c-collar" "Ok Hart" I jumped in the ambo and took out a c-collar and ran back over to the car.
"Kels I'm going in" "Kat be safe" I nodded and climbed into the car through the front driver's side. I put the c-collar around her neck "Kat protect her face" I nodded and took my jacket off and covered her face. Kelly was close to getting the car door just as the car caught fire. "Kelly move faster" I grabbed my radio "51 or 81 can someone get this fire out I've got a kid in here next to me" I lay my body over Ruby in case the flames got bigger and moved closer. Kelly and Cruz got the door open. I moved my jacket away and I moved to the side. Kelly put a backboard in and I slid Ruby onto it. I grabbed my jacket and climbed out. "That was close" "Damn right it was" I nodded just as the car exploded.
"Kat, can you hear me? Kat?" I opened my eyes and blinked a lot so I could adjust to the light. "Hey Kat" I gave a weak smile "How do you feel?" I looked at Kelly "Like a car just exploded" I smiled and gave a little chuckle "What hurts?" "Just my wrist." Kelly helped me sit up "Thanks" I smiled and Kelly kissed my head. "Kat I want to take you in to make sure you don't have a concussion and to get that wrist checked" I nodded "Let's go were taking Ruby" I nodded and Kelly helped me stand up and walk over to the ambo because I couldn't put weight on my right ankle. I sat in the back of ambo next to Ruby "Jay is not going to be happy with you" I nodded "That's true he was mad at me earlier never mind now" "You're not having a good day today" I shook my head then turned my attention to Ruby "So Ruby how old are you?" "9" "9 wow" I smiled.

Foster opened the door "Take Ruby first" they nodded and took the gurney out of the ambo then Will came out "Sylvie said you were out here" I nodded "So what happened this time?" "Car explosion I was knocked out" "I'll help you in" I nodded and put my arm around Will's neck and he helped me in "Where to Maggie?" I smiled "Kat again? Trauma 3." Will helped me onto the bed. I took my straps down off my shoulders. "So Kat what hurts?" "My wrist and I can't put pressure on my right ankle" "I'll get some x-rays" I nodded and Will walked out. After my x-rays, Will walked back in with Jay behind him.
I looked at Will then Jay "Ok Kat you have a sprained ankle and a fractured wrist" I nodded "I'll get April in but I want to check you don't have a concussion" I nodded and Will made sure I didn't have a concussion "Ok you don't have a concussion but you won't be able to work as a firefighter for a month or so and you will be off for 2 weeks becasue you won't be able to walk without crushed" I nodded "Alright I'll get April in now" "Thanks Will" I smiled and looked at Jay "Twice in one day" I nodded and took my phone out my turnout pants that were on the bed behind me "I'm going to finish my shift even if I can't go out on calls" "Ok fine." April walked in with a splint and some crutches.
"Hey, Hart" "Hi April" "Ok so I'm gonna bandage your ankle then splint your arm and you can get going after that" I smiled. After April was done I grabbed my turnout pants and put them on. "Jay I want to go see Owen" "Ok last time I was in here he was moved upstairs" I nodded and grabbed my crutches and walked over to Jay and kissed him "I'm never gonna stop" "You're never gonna stop running into burning buildings like I'm never gonna stop jumping in front of bullets" I nodded "Exactly" "Now let's go see Owen" I smiled and we walked up to Owen who was in the paediatrics ward.
I knocked on the door and Owen smiled and I walked in and over to the chair. I handed Jay my crutches and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Hey Owen" "Hi Kat" he had a big smiled on his face "What happened?" "I fell" "So Owen how are you feeling?" "Better" "That's good" I looked at Jay "I'm gonna come visit you when I can" I smiled "Ok thank you for saving me" "It's my job" Jay handed me my crutches and I stood up "Bye Owen" "Bye Kat" I walked out and over to Jay and kissed him "Let's get you back to 51" I nodded and we walked out to Jay's car. Jay helped me into the car and he took the crutches and put them in the back of the car.