Helping Hand

I woke up and looked at the time it was 11 am so Jay would be at work. I got up and had a shower. I wanted to show my bump off so I chose a yellow dress with a denim jacket to wrap around my waist. I took some white canvas and put them on. I put my hair into a high ponytail and walked downstairs. I took an apple and ate it when there was a knock on the door. I went to answer it and Josh was standing there. I opened the door and hugged him "How did you get my address?" "I am the police you know" "So how is your girlfriend I haven't seen anything about her for a while" "Yeah we broke up it was complicated" "Aww I'm sorry" I hugged him "So where is your fiance " " He's at work I was just about to go see him if you want to come " " Why not " I grabbed my phone and keys and locked the door "Want to take my car?" "Why not, I can hardly get behind the wheel" I laughed and walked to Josh's car. I put the address of Jay's work in the satnav and he started driving.

"So what does Jay do exactly" "You will see" I got out and walked up "Morning Trudy" "Morning Katrina" "Can you buzz us up" "Yeah but don't you know Jay's pin?" "Yeah, it's his badge number" "Use it then" "I can't because it needs his handprint" "Oh I forgot" "Josh follow me" I pulled the big metal gate open and walked upstairs.
Erin and Jay were the only people in the intelligence "Where are everyone?" "Chasing leads" "Why are you two not out?" "Hank wants Jay safe for when your little man comes" I laughed and walked up to Jay and kissed him while Josh was just standing there "Josh this is detective Erin Lindsay, Erin this is Josh, my cousin" "Hey Josh" "Hi Erin "Jay put his hand on my bump and I moved his hand to where the little man was kicking me" There he is going to be a footballer "I laughed" It's safer than our jobs " " That's true ". I sat down at the chair next to Jay's desk "Josh sit down" "I'm fine" "Josh sit down" Josh sat down as Burgess and Ruzek walked up the stairs "
Ruzek finished updating everyone and Erin came over and leaned over Jay's desk "Kat is he single" "Yes Erin he is but I would be careful he's FBI" Erin's face dropped when I said FBI "I am only joking he's IMPD" She sighed " If you were not pregnant I would punch you right here, right now "she walked away and Jay walked over to Ruzek and said something to him. "Josh shall we get going I have to go buy some stuff for this baby" "Yeah why not" I walked over to Jay and kissed him "Josh and I are going to go" "Do what?" "Buy some baby stuff" "We have enough" "I don't mind" "I do" I sighed "I will buy McDonald's for everyone except you then" "That's not fair". I kissed him and looked at Josh "Guy's text me what you want from McDonald's it's my treat for everyone except Jay" He didn't look too happy "Halstead my office" My phone started buzzing with everyone's orders "We will be back". We walked down the stairs and I walked over to Trudy "Trudy we are going to McDonald's would you like anything?" "Oh yes" "Text me your order and I will get you it on me" I walked towards the door and out towards Josh's car. "Where to?" "Just McDonald's I can't be bothered shopping anymore" We drove to McDonald's and ordered everyone's orders then we drove back to the 21st. t look too happy "Halstead my office" My phone started buzzing with everyone's orders "We will be back". We walked down the stairs and I walked over to Trudy "Trudy we are going to McDonald's would you like anything?" "Oh yes" "Text me your order and I will get you it on me" I walked towards the door and out towards Josh's car. "Where to?" "Just McDonald's I can't be bothered shopping anymore" We drove to McDonald's and ordered everyone's orders then we drove back to the 21st.

I grabbed all the orders I could and walked to the front desk "Josh you have Trudy's" "What one" "The one that says Trudy" He handed Trudy her order "This looks so good thank you Kat" "Don't worry in payment you can buzz us up "I walked over and opened the gate "We came bearing gifts" I walked up and put then on Jay's desk just to annoy him. "Erin" Erin stood up and got her order "Ruzek and Hailey" I handed them their order's then Josh handed Atwaters, Kim and mine "Jay don't think I wouldn't get you anything" I handed him the last order in my bag. "It tastes as good as it smells" I laughed "Of course it does Ruzek" I sat down and ate my chicken nuggets and chips while everyone else ate their food. Jay kissed me then got back to work "So what have we got on this girl Atwater" "Nothing, No criminal record the hospital and dental records are normal" Erin pipped up "She moved to Indianapolis last year and moved back to Chicago this year" I looked at the photo of the girl "Hold on I know her" They all looked at me "She has twins we rescued them from a fire and the brought cakes to the firehouse" "I remember they kids" "The fire was electrical but I don't think it would have been rebuilt because OFI were looking into it" They all went on to their computers. "Babe I'm going to be here late" "It's ok I'm going home to sleep" I kissed him "Josh do you have somewhere to stay?" "I'm staying in a hotel" "No you are not we have a 4 bedroom house that has 2 spare bedrooms we can get your stuff on the way back to mine" I walked downstairs and waved to Trudy.

W got home after picking up Josh's stuff. "I will show you your room then I'm going to bed" I showed him his bedroom then I went to get ready for bed. I left my hair but I brushed my teeth and got changed into one of Jay's shirts. I got into bed and fell asleep straight away.