Birthday Boy!

I woke up and Jay was lying next to me he must have came in late. I got up and decided to get dressed and then make Jay some breakfast because it was his birthday. His presents were to arrive this morning but I had bought them wrapped so I could just hand them to him. I brushed my teeth and put on a loose marron top and a pair of black jeans. I went to the toilet before going to make breakfast.
I walked downstairs and there was a figure sitting on the sofa. "Josh give me heart failure why don't you" "Sorry Kat why are you down and dresses?" "It's Jay's birthday so I wanted to surprise him" "Ah ok he got back around 9 last night" "Ok thanks" 
I walked into the kitchen and took out the pancake mix. I added water to the line then made the pancakes. I made him bacon as well. I put the pancakes and bacon on the tray. There was a knock at the door and I went to answer it. "Katrina Hart?" "Yes?" "Your parcel" "Thanks so much" I walked back in and unwrapped Jay's gifts from the bubble wrap before placing them on the tray. I grabbed a cup and made him a cup of coffee before walking upstairs with the tray.
Jay was lying in bed staring at me when I walked in. "Happy Birthday baby" I handed him the tray and he lifted the presents. "Open them then" He opened the first one which was the watch then he opened his jacket and he then opened the third one "Kat what is this?" "Eat your breakfast then get dressed and come downstairs" I got up and walked downstairs.
"So what did you get Jay?" "A watch, a jacket and a Harley Davidson but he doesn't know about the bike" "He won't be happy" "I don't care" I laughed and grabbed my black boots that had a small heel. I grabbed my phone and purse and put them in my bag while waiting on Jay. Jay walked downstairs. He walked up to me and kissed me "So what is this" "Just drive to this address" I handed him a piece of paper and walked out to the car. I got in and took Jay's gun out of his holster and unloaded it. "What was that for?" "You don't need it" 

We arrived at Matt's lock-up and I got out. I grabbed Matt's key out of my jean pocket and opened the metal door that opened with a bang. Jay turned around and saw the black Harley Davidson sitting there "Are you joking?" "Nope" He ran up to me and hugged me then he kissed me "That's what the key was for" He sat on the bike and put the helmet on. "Where will I meet you?" "51" "Ok" He started the Harley and drove off. I walked over to the car and got in and started driving to 51.

Jay was sitting waiting on his new Harley for me when I arrived "Why are we here?" "Because I wanted to see everyone" "We can see them at Molly's later" "But they won't be in uniform then" "Fine" I walked up to the apparatus floor and squad was sitting at their table. Cruz stood up and hugged me "Still walking then Hart" I slapped him and walked into the common room. Herrmann stood up and walked up to me and hugged me "Good to see you kid" I smiled and saw someone new sitting there. Jay's face dropped when he saw her "Gabby?" I looked at Jay and he looked as if he had seen a ghost. She stood up and walked over to him and hugged him. Casey walked in "Gabby no chance he is engaged" I smiled and looked at Casey "Hey Hart good to see you again" "Hey Casey" "Gabby this is Katrina Hart the PIC on 61 but she is on maternity leave, Hart this is Gabby Dawson she is on truck again but she is filling your spot until you come back" "Hi there" "Hi Katrina" "Casey can I talk to you?" "Yeah, common room?" "That's fine" I kissed Jay and walked into the common room.
"What's up Kat" "You said truck always has a place for me" "Yeah it does" "Well when I come back if someone is on furlough I want to take their place I can pay for my turnout gear" "Kat I would love to have you cover on truck" "Wait really" "Yeah but what does Jay think about it?" I shook my head "I will see you at his party tonight?" "Yeah I will be there I will speak to Boden and tell you tonight" I smiled and walked out to Jay.
"Let's go home and get ready" "Because you know how long it takes me to get ready" Jay kissed me and walked out "Race you home?" "Are you serious?" "No" "Good" I threw him my keys "I will meet you at home" He walked out and I walked over to Herrmann "Is everything ready for tonight" "Kat calm down everything is ready" "I'm sorry I like to do everything normally" I kissed his cheek and walked out to my car. I drove home and wanted to fall asleep but had to go to Jay's party.

When I got home Jay was sitting on the sofa with Josh. Jay didn't hear me come in so I put my hand in front on my mouth to tell Josh not to say anything. I walked up behind Jay and kissed his neck and Josh started laughing. "What the hell Kat" "I'm sorry I need to shower so bye" I decided to wear the same clothes but with a leather jacket because they were casual so Jay didn't think anything of it.
I had a shower then put some makeup on. I curled my hair once it was dry and I walked downstairs.
"Baby, can you help me?" Jay turned around and I held my shoes up. He laughed and stood up. I walked over to the sofa and sat down "Prince Charming here again" I laughed and Jay put my shoes on. I got up and kissed Jay "Let's get going" Josh walked out of the guest bedroom "Mind if I come along with you two?" "No come on" Josh and I walked out to the car while Jay locked the door. Josh let me sit in the front so I wouldn't be sick on the way there or back.

We got to Molly's and I got out of the car and walked up to Molly's door. Jay was still sitting in the car so I walked down the stairs and up to the car "Why are you sitting there?" "Because I know what you have done" "What have I done then?" "Planned a party" "Nope I didn't plan any party I was too busy sleeping or attempting to buy that Harley" "Fine then" He got out of the car and walked up to Molly's door with me. Josh opened the door while Jay and I walked in. Everyone was just sitting like normal "Told you".
We walked over to the bar and sat down while Herrmann walked over and jumped on top of the bar. I started laughing because I knew exactly what he was going to do "Herrmann good idea?" "Sure it is". "Guys listen up" He shouted and everyone turned to look at him "It is detective Jay Halsteads birthday today and this is his birthday party" I laughed and stood up and walked away. Jay was looking at me but I walked into the back and grabbed his birthday cake that had edible picture if the scan on top. I walked through and everyone was singing happy birthday to Jay who was sitting there with a red face from embarrassment. I handed him the cake and he blew the candles out. Jay put the cake down "Everyone eats it Kat and I are out of here" "No we are not but everyone can eat it because Jay and I don't like cake" I sat down "Herrmann a non-alcoholic red wine for me and a beer for the birthday boy here" I smiled and kissed Jay. We had a few more drinks before going home with Josh. I drove home because I was the only person not drinking.

Jay unlocked the door while we stood in the cold Chicago air. I walked inside and to the toilet. I came out and kissed Jay "I am going to bed" "Ok I will be up after Coco has been dropped off" "Good luck getting her off Erin" "I want my dog back" "Ok" I walked upstairs and into the bathroom. I took my makeup off and got changed into Jay's shirt and a pair of shorts. I got into bed and fell asleep before pulling the covers up.