Surprise

Three Months have passed

I woke up and Jay was lying next to me with his hand on my bump again. I snuck out of bed and went to pee. I jumped in the shower afterwards and then put my hair into a bun. I walked into the bedroom and got my uniform out. My pants just fitted me but it was my last shift so I didn't really have to worry about ordering a new pair. I was only on standby in case they needed extra paramedics becasue I was too pregnant to lift any patients but I still loved being at the firehouse. Jay woke up and smiled at me. "What" "Nothing" I laughed and went to grab my bag but I couldn't bend down so Jay got out of bed and picked it up for me. "Thanks, Baby" I kissed him and he helped me pack it. Jay got ready for work and I just sat there watching him "Why are you watching me?" "I need your help again" "With what" "Putting my boots on" he laughed and helped me put my boots on. "Don't forget we have the 20-week scan tomorrow and we get the gender and a confirmed due date" he smiled and grabbed my bag. We walked down the stairs and I grabbed an apple and ate it on the way out to the car. Jay locked the door and got in then started driving to 51.

I got out of the car and went to grab my bag but Jay wouldn't let me. He got out and grabbed my bag "I can carry it you know" "I don't care I won't let you" I shaked my head and he took my hand and we walked up. "Look at that bump" "I know I don't like it" "Why not" "I can't see my feet" Sylvie laughed. "Sit down I will put this in your locker" Jay walked towards the locker room and I sat in the common room. "Look who it is" Herrmann walked up to me "I have been gone 1 shift and that's it" He laughed and went for the coffee "How I wish I could have some of that" Everyone laughed "Sylvie don't laugh becasue then I will laugh at you when you can't have any" She pulled a face. Jay walked back into the common room. "I need to go before Erin kills me or it might be Hailey" "Well if any of them murder you I will murder them" We kissed then Jay walked out "Conference room in 5" Matt shouted walking past.
I got up and slowly waddled to the conference room and sat down. Everyone came in as well as Boden "So as you know today is Hart's last shift before she leaves for maternity leave" Herrmann patted my shoulder. "I also wanted to inform you the firefighter Christmas dance is on the 20th of December this year" "Chief that's really early to know" "I know Hart but they wanted everyone to buy tickets fast" We all nodded "Anyone have anything to say?" "I do chief" "Go ahead, Hart" "Ok so we have my 20-week scan tomorrow and if it is ok with Herrmann we would like to have a gender reveal party at Molly's" "Of course it is ok just give me a date and time" "Day after tomorrow at 5 pm" "We are ok with that" "Thanks Chief" "Ok dismissed" I waddled back to the common room and sat down.

Squad 3, Ambulance 61 Man trapped 125 West Halstead Street 

I missed getting up to the bells so I went through and spoke to Connie while getting on with work "Morning Connie" "Good Morning Hart" I sat down and got a text from Jay "When you get the time come over intelligence has a surprise for you" "Connie do you think Chief will let me go when ambo comes back?" "I don't see why not" I got up and knocked on Chief Boden's office "Come in Hart" "Chief would you mind if I go out when ambo comes back" "No just keep your radio on you" "Yes Chief" I sat down at my desk and started on the paperwork. Ambo got back so I walked through to see Sylvie "Sylvie do you mind taking me to the 21st?" "When?" "Now" "Yeah sure" "McAuley let's go" McAuley got up "Where are we going?" "To the 21st district" "Why?" "Becasue I need to see my fiance" "Is Cheif Boden ok with it?" "McAuley shut up and get in the ambo" I grabbed my radio and got into the back of the ambo. Sylvie started driving to the 21st.

I got out and walked to Sylvie's door "You don't have to wait I will get Jay or someone to bring me back" I put my radio around me and turned it up. "Ok see you later" I walked in and walked up to the front desk "Trudy can you buzz me up please" "Sure thing Katrina" I opened the gate and walked up Jay didn't know I was coming and I wanted to surprise him but my radio went off "Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61 Single Virchle accident 175 West Washburne Avenue" "Thanks radio" Jay got up and walked over to the stairs to help me up "I can still walk as well" He laughed "Shouldn't you be going" "Nope it's not a structure fire" "Well you are lucky" Erin walked out of the integration room "So what is this surprise?" "You will have to wait until Ruzek and Burgess get back" "But Erin" just then Ruzek and Burgess walked up the stairs "Hey Kat" "Hey Kim" Erin walked into the break room and grabbed a big bag "What have you done?"
Jay sat next to me "It's for both of yous" I opened it and looked through it. I could feel tears in my eyes "Thank you guys so much" "It means a lot" I took out a baby grow that said "My mom is a firefighting paramedic" I laughed "I love this one" Erin laughed "Ruzek chose that" Jay then pulled out another baby grow that said " My dad is a detective" "Guys you didn't have to do this" "That's not the best baby grow". I pulled out another "Did 9 months hard time currently serving 18 year parole (My parole offices are doing life)" I started laughing I showed Jay it and he couldn't help but laugh "Still not the best" I pulled out some dummies and another baby grow "If you mess with me, you mess with my aunties and uncles (And you don't want to do that because they are the police)" I smiled then my radio went "Ambulance 61 Man down Unknown cause" I jumped up forgetting I didn't need to go. I sat back down and Erin handed me another bag "This is the best one" I opened it "My Auntie Erin is single" with a picture of Erin "Erin that's great" I laughed and handed the bag to Jay. He opened it and started laughing "Erin this is hilarious" Matt's voice came over the radio "Kat how long are you going to be?" "I'm not sure but I can come back now" "Boden wants to see you as soon as possible" "Ok I will come back" "No Truck will pick you up" "Ok tell me when you are outside".
"Oh, by the way, the day after tomorrow at 5 pm be at Molly's" "Why" "Gender reveal party" "We will all be there" We started talking about baby stuff "Kat 81 is outside"  I got up and kissed Jay "Want me to take the bags?" "Just leave them I will take them home" "Ok" I kissed him again then he put his hand on my bump "Bye little banana" I Kissed him once more then walked down the stairs I shouted bye to Trudy and walked out to the truck. 
I opened the back door "Is anyone going to help me up?" Mouch and Gallo helped me into truck "So why did you pick me up" "We wanted to show you something" "Ok?". Otis started driving somewhere but he soon hit the lights and sirens.