New Detective

I woke up and Jay wasn't in bed so I looked at the time and it was 9:30 am so I got up to go pee. After I had been to the toilet I got into the shower and then brushed my teeth. I got changed into a long-sleeved grey top with a pair of black leggings and my long grey boots but I had to carry my boots downstairs so Jay could help me put them on. I waddled downstairs to see Jay was making pancakes and bacon.
I dropped the boots then I waddled up behind Jay and kissed his neck and he turned around and kissed me "Morning baby" "Morning handsome" "Sit down I will bring you some food over" I sat down at the island and watched Jay. "Are you finished staring at me?" Jay placed the plate in front of me "Maybe" "What do you want to drink?" "Well a coffee would be amazing but I can't have a coffee so orange juice" Jay opened the fridge and took out the orange juice and poured it into a glass then handed it to me. He sat down and we started to eat our food "So what do you want to do today?" "How about we go see 51 and the 21st for probably the last time while I'm pregnant" "What's today's date?" "18th why?" "It's your due date" "I know that's why I said probably the last time" "I will get ready then" "Put my boots on first" Jay grabbed my boots and put them on for me "Thanks baby" I stood up and kissed him. Jay ran upstairs and I sat on the sofa looking at the storage unit full of baby stuff. Jay walked down the stairs "Ready?" I nodded and stood up. I grabbed my bag and put my phone in it before waddling out to the car. I got into the car and Jay got in after me. "Where to first?" "I don't mind" "You always mind" "Go to 51 then the 21st and wherever after that" He nodded and started driving to 51.

I opened my door and got out of the car while Jay was looking at his phone "Hurry up Jay" "Sorry I was making sure intelligence didn't have a case" "And do they?" "No, they are doing paperwork" "Ok let's go then" Jay got out and we walked up towards the common room.
Everyone was sitting in the same spots as they always sit "Look who it is" I heard Herrmann shout "Hi Herrmann" I hugged Herrmann as Casey and Cruz got up and walked over "Look at that bump" "Thanks Cruz" he started laughing I hugged Cruz then Casey. "Hart, you can take my seat" "Otis I will sit on my own seat" I walked over to the circle table and sat down "So what's been happening here?" "Nothing really it's been quiet without you here" "Aww thanks" Ambo had just got back from a call and they were walking back into the common room "Sylvie what happened to you?" Sylvie was covered in sick "Drunk" I laughed "I will hug you when I get back" Sylvie walked off as Gabby came in and sat down "So when is the firefighter Christmas dance again?" "20th" I looked at Jay "We can talk about it later" I stood up and waddled to the locker room.
I opened my locker and looked for the tickets I had bought months ago. Casey walked in "Oh hi Hart" "Hey Casey" "Everything ok?"  "I am just looking for my tickets" "Tickets?" "For the dance" "Oh we switched days becasue we worked it last year so we are working the 23rd and the 26th because we worked Christmas and the dance last year" "I'm off anyway so it wouldn't bother me" He laughed just as I found the tickets "Found them" I shut my locker and waddled back to the common room. I handed Jay the envelope with the tickets "I will be back again" I waddled to the toilet. After I was done I washed my hands and waddled back to the common room."Why didn't you say you had bought these" "I forgot and I left them in my locker" He shook his head and started laughing. I sat down as Sylvie walked out and hugged me "That bump" She had tears in her eyes. I looked her in her eyes "Sylvie?" She grabbed my hand "Follow me" I got up and waddled after her. We ended up in the turnout room "Kat I think I'm pregnant" "Have you done a test?" "No, I'm too scared" "Come over to mine after shift tomorrow I can kick Jay out or something" She nodded and I walked out. "Jay we better get going" He nodded and I walked over to Herrmann "Tell Cindy I said thank you for all the baby stuff" I hugged him then walked over to Sylvie "Don't worry about it ok" She nodded and I hugged her. We walked out to the car and I got in then Jay did "Is everything ok with Sylvie" I nodded and he started the car.

We got to the 21st and I got out and waited on Jay again. Jay finally got out of the car "Who was it this time?" "Will" "What's up with Will?" "Nothing he was asking how you are" I nodded and we walked up to the 21st.
Trudy was standing in her normal spot and as soon as she saw Jay and me, she came out from behind her desk. "Katrina it is so good to see you" "You too Trudy" "Jay not so much I have so much mail for you" I laughed as she walked away to get Jay's mail. "Jay were do you get all that from because you don't even get that much at home" He looked through it "Nothing interesting" I took them out of his hands and put them in my bag as we walked up to the bullpen.
We walked up the stairs and Erin got up and ran over to me "Calm down" "Your cousin is amazing" I looked at her confused then she lifted her hand up "Wait he lives in Indianapolis and you live in Chicago how does this work?" "He got a job in Chicago" I smiled and looked at Jay who was sitting at his desk "Congrats though" "Double wedding?" "No, never you have not seen a Hart wedding" She looked at me scared "You should be scared ask him about the July 2016 wedding" I looked at Jay who was looking at me "Jay you don't need to worry about it Erin does though" She sat down at her desk "So what brings you here" "Well today is my due date so I wanted to see everyone just in case".
Ruzek and Burgess walked up the stairs "Hello again Kat" "Hello" "If we knew you were coming we would have got yous something" "I can't drink coffee so don't worry about it" Jay got up and walked over to me "Are you hungry?" "Jay" Atwater walked in from the break room "Jay man that means I am not hungry but I need to pee yet again" I laughed "Well done Kevin" He laughed and sat down at his desk. I sat at Jay's desk while he walked into the break room then Kim came out with a glass of water "Kim why are you drinking water?" "I don't like coffee" I looked at Jay who looked at Ruzek who looked at Kim. "What's going on?" "Nothing" "Kim I know these signs you are wearing flat shoes, not drinking coffee even though you love it and you refused to have a beer last night" She looked at Adam "I knew it" Jay looked at me and I looked at my bump. "How come I have solved 2 cases of why people are acting weird today and it took all of you nearly a whole day to figure out I was pregnant" "You should be our new detective" I nodded in agreement. Hank walked out of his office "We have a case Halstead, Kat good to see you both but gear up the rest of you" I smiled as they all grabbed their jackets and ran downstairs. I waddled over to Jay and kissed him "Where to next?" "Well, Will is worried about you" "Let's go there then home" I kissed him and waddled away down the stairs. I waddled out to the car and got in.

When we got to med I looked at my phone and saw I had a message from Sylvie "I think I am"  I shook my head and Jay opened my door and I got out and waddled up to med. Maggie and April were standing there "Hey Kat" "Hey Maggie, April" "Trauma 4 is open" "I'm not in labour were here to see Will" Jay started laughing "Shut up you" He stopped laughing straight away "Will is in the break room with Nat" "Thanks April" I waddled in with Jay behind me.
I walked into the break room and Will was on the computer looking at scans and Nat was standing behind him. "There's a white patch there" I pointed to a white patch on the scan. Nat turned around "Thanks Kat I need to send him up to the OR but I will be back" I smiled and sat on the sofa next to Jay. "Hey Kat thanks for helping" "Doctors miss so much stuff it's funny" Jay laughed and Will didn't look amused. Jay looked at me "Maggie and April thought she was in labour" Will looked at me and started laughing "Mind me to ask for Nat when I go into labour then" He looked at me "Calm down I'm not in labour yet" Nat walked in "Everything ok?" "Yeah thank you so much for that" "Don't worry about it" She walked over to Will and hugged him "Nat I've decided when I go into labour I want you and not Will" "What has he done now?" "Bad bedside manners" She laughed "Well I have to see some patients" "See ya Will" He kissed Nat then walked out. "So how are you missing work" "I want to go back I am bored out of my mind" I looked at Jay "And he's annoying" "So is his brother" We laughed and Jay stood up "What's wrong?" "Hailey was just brought in intelligence is in the waiting room" I nodded and Jay walked out. "I worked right up till my waters broke" "I would love to do that" I stood up "I better go out to intelligence" "I will see you soon then" I nodded and waddled out to the waiting room.
"How is she?" "Bullet went straight through so she will be fine" I breathed out and hugged Jay "We should get home before I start crying" They all laughed "Kim no crying" I hugged her and waddled out to the car with Jay.

I opened my door and got out. Jay unlocked the door and Coco was running around wild "We have our dog back then" I laughed and sat on the sofa "Jay" He looked at me "Boots?" He took off my boots and put them on the shoe rack. "I'm getting ready for bed now" He kissed me and I waddled upstairs to the bedroom. I walked into the en-suite and went to the toilet then brushed my teeth. I then got changed into my pyjamas and got into bed. Jay had just came up so I stayed awake until he got into bed. When he got into bed I put my head on his chest and fell asleep.