"That Saved Him"

I woke up and rolled out of bed and walked through to the nursery. "Hey little man" I smiled while picking him up. I walked downstairs and put Noah in his high chair then made him a bottle. I took him out of the highchairs and walked upstairs. I sat down on the rocking chair and fed Noah. Noah fell asleep so I walked over to his cot and put him in. I reached over and kissed his head "Night little man" I gave a weak smile and walked back to our bedroom.

"Baby you need to wake up" I slowly woke up and adjusted my eyes to the light "What time is it?" "6 am" I yawned "Can you pass me my phone" Jay handed me my phone and I had 2 texts one from Mouse "Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I'm thinking about leaving the rangers anyway so I could leave on the 18th and be back in time for your wedding" and one from Casey "I'm a man down on 81 today and I've already asked Chief and he said it's fine so would you like to cover for Otis? You would also need to drive" I smiled while reading Casey's I messaged Mouse back first "Hey Mouse I'm sure Jay would love to have you back Erin said you worked at intelligence so I could speak to her and possibly get your job back for you but I'm not promising" I then messaged Casey back "I would love to cover for Otis but I haven't driven truck since I became a paramedic" I looked up and Jay was holding Noah "I just fed him before I woke you" I smiled "Can you change him there is a 51 babygrow you can put on him and you can decide the rest" I smiled and got out of bed. I kissed Jay "Oh erm pack 3 of everything in the diaper bag" "Why" "Because you have a case you need to be working on and I'm sure Connie will look after him" I smiled and walked into the bathroom. 
I pulled my hair into a low ponytail and then put a small bit of makeup on. I brushed my teeth then walked through to the bedroom. I took out my firefighter uniform. I grabbed my truck 81 jacket and put it on. I pulled my boots on before running downstairs and grabbing my duffel bag. I ran upstairs and packed my bag. I put in 2 spare uniforms and face wipes and my makeup just in case we get some fires. I closed my bag and put it on my shoulder then walked into the nursery. 

"How does he look" "So cute" I smiled and kissed Noah's head "You are wearing a different uniform" "Casey asked me to cover for Otis" "Hmmm" I chuckled "It's fine we hardly get many fires mostly car crashes, jumpers, people stuck under stuff" I sm...

"How does he look" "So cute" I smiled and kissed Noah's head "You are wearing a different uniform" "Casey asked me to cover for Otis" "Hmmm" I chuckled "It's fine we hardly get many fires mostly car crashes, jumpers, people stuck under stuff" I smiled and walked out of the nursery "Ok I believe you" Jay kissed my forehead "Oh I found a few songs you need to listen to" "This list keeps getting longer" I smiled and placed my duffel bag on the floor.
"So I packed 3 of everything just like you asked and I'm not packing more bottles you can always make some up" "Don't forget your house key" "I won't" I looked at him then my phone buzzed "Don't worry about not have driven truck. I forgot to ask are you bringing Noah" "Yeah but I can get Connie to look after him" I put my phone back in my pocket "It's your turn to fight him" I smiled and picked up my duffel bag and walked to the door. I picked up my keys on my way out. I locked the door and walked over to the car. "It's your turn next" "No it's your day" I smiled and got into the car. "Oh yeah" "Yeah" he kissed me.

I opened my door and grabbed my duffel bag and put it on my shoulder "Do you want the pushchair?" "Yeah gives me somewhere to put him when he falls asleep" I opened Noah's door and unstrapped him. Jay put up the pushchair and I fought Noah so he would go in it "Come on little man" I sighed and tried again. I put a cover over his legs and Jay grabbed his diaper bag. I lifted my strap up so it wouldn't fall off my shoulder. "I'll be back" "OK" I kissed Jay and walked through to the locker room. 
"What's this about you leaving me to be on truck?" I chuckled "It's a better job" "No it's not" I chuckled "I gave Boden a list of names ages ago of good paramedics" "That makes me feel so much better" "It should" I put my duffel bag in my locker and walked through to the common room. "I'm looking for Katrina Hart," A young light voice said.
I turned around and Lucy was standing there "Hey Lucy" I walked up to her and hugged her. "How are you" "I'm doing better I wanted to thank you again" I left something at my feet so I looked down and Noah was trying to stand up using my leg "Hey little man" I bent down and picked him up "Don't worry about it Lucy" "I want to ask you do you know if  there are any courses I could take to become a paramedic?" "Erm how about when I'm back on ambo you come and ride along with us" "Are you serious?" "Yeah" She had a giant smile across her face and she hugged me "Who's this by the way" "This is my son Noah" I smiled "Hey Noah thank you again" "Don't worry about it" I smiled and turned around.
Jay was giving me a strange look "Stop looking at me like that and go to work" "Nah" I gave him a serious look "Ok fine but be safe" He stood up and walked over to me "You be safe" "I always am" I kissed him then put Noah on the floor to go get a cup of coffee. I made myself a cup of coffee just as Noah started crying. "What's wrong little man?" I picked him up and took a pacifier out of my pocket and gave it to him "Too hot?" I walked over to the freezer and took out a bag of carrots and put the pacifier on it for a minute. I rocked Noah then gave him his pacifier. "Let's go see uncle Kelly" I stood up and walked out to the squad table.
"Your nephew wanted to see you" I smiled and handed Noah to Kelly. I sat on the squad table "So I couldn't find a truck 81 baby grow" "There is no chance he is getting a truck 81 one I'll buy him a squad 3" "I'm still waiting on my shift with squad so when I get my shift he can get a squad 3 baby grow" I smiled and I young woman walked over to the squad table "I'm looking for Katrina Hart" I smiled "You found her" "Hi I'm Emily Foster I'm here to cover on ambulance 61" "Hi Emily I'm normally the pic but today Sylvie Brett is" I smiled "Emily this is Kelly, Capp, Tony and Cruz" I said while pointing to them "They are normally harmless but Capp and Tony might hit on you" I smiled at them the jumped off the table. I kissed Noah's head "Where's mine" I looked at Kelly then kissed his head "I'll be back" I smiled "Follow me, Emily" We walked into the common room "Guys this is Emily Foster she is covering for me this shift." I looked at Sylvie and she walked over "Emily Foster this is Sylvie Brett Sylvie this is Emily" I said introducing them "Sylvie can I leave you to show Emily around" she nodded and I walked to the bunk room to find Casey.
"Hey Hart" "Hey Casey" "I checked truck myself this morning before shift started to save you and if there is a fire like a factory one I'm not sending you in" "I'm ok with house fires" "I know that's what I said to Boden so he doesn't want you going into factory fires or big fires" I nodded "Thanks Casey" I closed his door and walked out to squad table
"He fell asleep" I smiled. My phone vibrated so I took it out. It was Mouse "You don't need to do that you know I can find other jobs"  I looked at Noah then messaged him back "I'm sure they would all love having you back you are probably 10 times better than Ruzek" I looked at Noah "Who are you texting?" "None of your business Kels" I smiled "Noah's pushchair is inside if your arm goes dead" I smiled and walked inside just as the bells went.