The Better Part

Jay walked out and I needed something to eat. I walked into the common room and went to the cupboard and grabbed a packet of crisps and opened them just as

Ambulance 61 Man down 133 West Maxwell Street 

I threw my crisps at Otis because I knew he would eat them no matter who had opened them. As I thought Otis started eating them and shouted " Thanks for the food". I ran out to the ambulance and got in the driver's seat. " Ambulance 61 cancel that man down case" " 61 to main was that a cancel?" "affirmative" Sylvie and I got out the ambulance and walked back in " That was the fastest case anyone has been on. Even Shay and Dawson" Herrmann said as we walked back in " Shay?" " One of the paramedics that died in the line of duty. Severide's best friend" "ah" 

" Your welcome for the crisps by the Otis. They were the last packet" " 51 do a gas run" Boden said walking in with someone from OFI. " Sylvie lets go" I shouted into the bathroom. I walked out to the ambo and we drove to get gas. 

Squad 3, ambulance 61 Man Stuck 1390 South Wolcott Avenue 

I hit the sirens and within minutes we are at the man down scene. I put my rubber gloves and grab the Medical Bag and run to the door. I knock on the door but there was no answer. I looked in the window and didn't see anyone. Truck then arrived. " Casey I need this door open" Casey came up with his halligan and tried to pry it open but it was no use. "Otis get me the Flat-Head axe" he shouted Otis came running over with the axe. " On my count 1...2.... strike 1...2... strike 1...2... strike" the door wouldn't open. " Truck 81 to Main can we get squad out here" " Main to 81 Squad 3 is on their way" 5 or so minutes later Squad 3 turns up " I never thought I would see the day were Matt Casey had to get squad to come out" " Yeah well the door won't open" Squad attempted using the halligan and the flat-head axe but it didn't work. "There is no way we can get in," he said before radioing for police " Squad 3 to Main we need police assistance to get into a home" " Main to Squad 3 Intelligence is coming to help" " Ambulance 61 to Main why Intelligence" " They asked to be detailed to any cases you need police" Intelligence showed up a few minutes later. "Why do you need us you have the whole fire department here," Jay said walking up. "The door won't open both Truck and Squad tried to open it" " I'll get the Battering Ram and try to open the door for you," Jay said walking away. Jay came back the Battering Ram and attempted to knock the door in. They couldn't knock the door in "Otis get the aril ladder up and we will see if we can see anyone" Casey climbed up the ladder and looked in the window " There's no one here" He says through the radio " 61 to main we can't get in and we can't see anyone" main to 61 cancel the call" "Cancel the call" "affirmative". I put the Medical Bag back in the ambo and walk up to Jay should "we ask them?" I ask him " go on most of them are here" " Guys listen up" " Jay and I have a serious question" they all gathered around " Ok so how many people had bets on Jay and I getting together" they all looked at each other " Well I had twenty bucks on it only cause there was only Halstead in the run this time," Kidd said " I had ten bucks on it," Otis says " well you can all collect your money," Jay says. " I better get going but I love you," I say kissing him He looks at me weirdly " What" " It's just the first time you said I love you," he said smiling. " Well I do," I said kissing him. I get into the ambo and drive back to 51.

"I still want to know how you got Jay Halstead," Sylvie said to me " to be honest I really don't know how I got him either," I said starting to laugh. By the time we got back, it was 7 pm and today had been really long. I ate some of the pizza Mills had made and then went to the bathroom. I took a really quick shower and then brushed my teeth. I then got dressed into my spare uniform and went into the bunk room. I started to read my book then I heard everyone else coming in so I put my book down and started to get comfy. I managed to sleep throughout the night without the bells going off. 

When I woke up it was 6 am and no one else was awake except Severide. I went through to the common room and started to eat an apple. Severide must have seen me turn on the light because he came through. " I thought I was the only one awake," he said tired " I'm always awake at this time," I say finishing my apple. I got up to make coffee just as Kidd came through to the common room " What are you two doing awake this early. In fact, don't answer that" she said walking back through to the bunk room. Coffee Severide? I say going to make a pot. " Why not it will waken me up," He said washing his cup. I made the coffee and went to sit on the sofa and put the tv on just as everyone got up. It was 7:30 and third shift started coming in so we got changed out of our uniforms and into our normal clothes. By the time we had got changed, it was time to go home. I walked out on to the apparatus floor and see Jay standing there. I know yesterday was hard so I decided to take you straight home so you can sleep some more before going to Molly's.

When we got home Jay took my bag and did my washing for me. I walked upstairs and went to bed with my leggings and my blacktop. When I woke up it was around 6 pm and Jay was lying next to me. I woke up and rolled over. " You still want to go to Molly's," he said " Of course I do. I'll get ready now". I went into the bathroom and did my make up. I decided to wear what I wore the first time I met Jay so I wore a black dress and over-the-knee boots with a marroon scarf. I was ready and so was Jay so we walked to Molly's. 

When we got to Molly's we had a few drinks then Mouch came over to us " Thank you for all you did yesterday. I might not be able to see right now if it wasn't for you and Sylvie" He said " Hey it's my job Mouch just like yours is running into burning buildings to save people. I said happy that he was ok. Mouch walked away "Let's go home," Jay said We walked home holding hands the whole way. 

When we got home I got changed into a tank top and booty shorts then I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I got into bed and waited for Jay. He got into bed and I started cuddling him. " I don't know if I will ever be able to forget what I saw yesterday," I said to him putting my head on his chest " Hey it's ok, If you have a nightmare I will be right here," He said kissing my head. Jay fell asleep then I kissed him and fell asleep aswell.