Wedding Shopping

Jay woke me up "Hey you're gonna be late" "What?" I had a croaky voice. I yawned "What time is it?" "7 am" "7 am?" "I let you sleep all night for once" "Jay" I sat up and looked at him "You needed sleep" "I know but you should have woke me" I yawned again "He was only hungry" I gave him a look "Go get ready and I can take Noah today" "No it's ok I can take him" "Kat" "Jay Dani will be there and she can look after him while I'm looking for dresses" "Fine but I'm not happy about it" "Jay" "Kat you are always tired, you're stressed about the wedding, work and you're looking after Noah it's not good for you" I got out of bed and walked over to him "Jay I know you are just worried about me but you're worried" I kissed him and walked into the bathroom. I took my hair out of the messy bun and had a cold shower. I got out and put my hair in dutch braids. I put a small bit of makeup on and walked through to the bedroom. I took out a pair of black ripped jeans, a green and dark blue flannel shirt. I got changed and took out my black high heeled boots and put them on. I grabbed my engagement ring and put in on before walking into the nursery. 
Jay was playing with Noah on the floor when I walked in "Go get ready" Jay stood up and walked out. He kissed my cheek before he left I picked Noah up and put him in his cot so he wouldn't crawl away. I picked Noah's little man outfit and put it on the changing table. I picked Noah up and put him on the changing table before changing him.

 I picked Noah up and put him on the changing table before changing him

I picked him up and put him in his cot with some toys. I grabbed his diaper bag and packed it. I put the diaper bag on my shoulder then picked Noah up and walked downstairs. Jay was in the kitchen making some bottles.
"There are 2 formula bottles and 2 of your own and" "Let me guess 4 bottles of hot water in warmers and the tub of formula" he nodded "I'm sorry for snapping at you" "It's ok I just woke you I learned not to wake a sleeping firefighter" he chuckled and kissed me. I handed him the diaper bag and he put the bottles in the diaper bag. "Do you want the pushchair?" I nodded "yeah it might be a good idea" "I'll go get it" "Can you put it in the car?" "Where else was I going to put it?" "Don't be a smart-" I stopped what I was saying because Noah was awake. I took my phone out and I had a message. "Hi I'm Mouse Erin Lindsay gave me your number" I looked up and Jay wasn't in the house "Hey Mouse it's great to hear from you" I smiled and put Noah down on the floor. "Why are you smiling?" "Am I not allowed to?" he looked down and Noah was at his feet. There was a knock on the door so I quickly picked Noah up and Jay went to answer it "Hey Lindsay, Burgess" Jay moved to the side and I put Noah back on the floor. I smiled when I saw them walk in "Hey" "Hey Hart" I looked at Noah and he was crawling over to Erin. My phone buzzed so I took it out of my pocket. It was another message from Mouse "Hi Kat Erin said you had an idea but then she just gave me your number and I'm really confused" I chuckled then texted him back "Hi Mouse I'm Katrina Hart I'm engaged to Jay Halstead and I wanted to surprise him for our wedding in December" I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Erin who was holding Noah "Who are you texting?" "No one" I smiled "Well I don't care but Noah is hungry" "I'll go make him a bottle can you hold him while I do?" Erin nodded and I walked into the kitchen. I took a bottle of milk out and heat it up. While I was waiting on the bottle heating up I took my phone out "I've not seen Jay in a couple of years and I would happily help surprise him at your wedding and congratulations to the both of you" "Thanks Mouse Erin said you had been deployed again is there any chance you could get back for the 18th of December?" I checked the temperature of the bottle then walked back into the living room. Erin handed me Noah and I sat on the sofa. "You have 2 more visitors Kat" I turned around and Sylvie and Nat were walking in "Hey" I smiled and started burping Noah when I felt 2 muscular arms around my neck and then someone kissed my forehead.
I looked up and Jay was standing over me "I'm going now" I stretched up and kissed Jay "Be safe and don't do anything stupid" "Who do you think I am?" Jay leaned down and kissed me "I know you Jay Halstead" "Be safe and don't snap someones head off" "Who do you think I am?" I smiled and kissed him again "Go get you suits" "Go get your dress" "Go before I snap your head off" "You done that when you woke up" I punched him in the arm "Go" I smiled and Jay kissed my forehead then walked out or so I thought I then heard him shout "And your final visitor is here" "Jay go" "Bye I love you" "I love you too" "Let's go have fun watching you girls try on dresses" I turned around and Dani was walking in.
I handed Noah to Kim "I'll be back in a minute I'm gonna run and get Noah's carrier so It saves me pushing the pushchair about" They all nodded and I ran upstairs and into the nursery. I opened the drawer that had the baby carrier I grabbed the baby carrier and ran back downstairs. I smiled and put the carrier on the sofa "I'll fight Noah" they all laughed and Kim handed me Noah who was starting to fall asleep. "This better be easy" I walked out to the car and opened Noah's door. I put him his car seat and strapped him in. "That was easy" I closed the door then locked it. I walked back inside and grabbed the diaper bag and carrier when I got a message. "I can try is that your wedding date? What else should I know about you and Jay?" I laughed and answered him "The 18th is our wedding date and we have a son called Noah." I put my phone back in my pocket then grabbed my house keys "Ok so whos cars are we talking?" "Mine and Sylvies?" they all nodded "I have 3 seats but 1 of them will be uncomfortable next to Noah's car seat" "I'll take Nat and Kim then" "I'm up for that" Kim nodded  I walked to the door. I unlocked my car doors and everyone started getting in. "Where are we going?" "The mall its closer" Sylvie nodded. I locked the door then walked over to the car. I put the diaper bag and the carrier under Noah's seat then walked around. 
I got in the car and Erin started questioning me. I took my phone out of my back pocket and put it in the phone holder and connected it to the car. "So who have you been texting?" "No one" I reversed out of the driveway "You have been messaging someone." Just as Erin said that I got another text from Mouse and it appeared on the screen. "Well, that's my secret out" I laughed "So it's been Mouse the whole time" I nodded "Can someone read it to me?" I handed Dani my phone "What's your password?" "175423" "What the hell is the meaning behind that?" I looked at Erin in the mirror "My badge number and my birthdate" she looked at me strangely "Anyway Mouse said we are talking about the same Jay Halstead I was in the rangers with? Congratulations again. What kind of surprise were you thinking for Jay?" "Thanks, Dani I'll message him when we get out" Dani smiled and I turned and looked at Noah while we were at a red light. "Dani you can put some music on" I smiled.

I opened my door then walked around to Noah's. I opened his door and unstrapped him. I grabbed the carrier and put it on. I lifted Noah and put him in the carrier. I grabbed the diaper bag and put it on my back. Dani handed me my phone and I put it in my back pocket just as Sylvie was pulling up next to us. "Ok let's do this" I smiled and chuckled. I took my phone out of my back pocket and messaged Mouse back "Yes it is the same Jay Halstead you were in the rangers with. Thanks again and I was hoping that you could surprise him at the ceremony" I smiled while writing the last part "So Hart are you going to tell us who you are texting?" "Nope" I smiled and we walked into the mall.
"So who are we shopping for first?" "Not me" "Ok so let's go get our bridesmaids and maids of honour dresses" I nodded and we walked to the dress shop.
"Hi, can I help you?" "We were hoping that we could look at your light blue dresses" the woman nodded and showed us to the dresses. "Erm have a look and pick one that you like because I'm paying for them. Not long after they all picked their dresses in the correct colour and size and we walked over to pay for them. "Are you paying separately" "No all together please" I took the diaper bag off my back and took out my purse. I paid for the dresses and we walked out to the cars
"It saves us carrying them and Dani we can come back at a later date and buy yours" Dani nodded and I unlocked my car just as Noah was waking up "Hey little man" I kissed his head we walked back inside and to the wedding dress shop.
"Kat it's your turn" I chuckled and took Noah out of the carrier and handed him to Dani. I put the diaper bag on the floor then took the carrier off. "So what dresses do you like?" I looked at a few then picked one out "What do you guys think?" I turned it around so they could see it. "I think you should try it on" I looked at Erin then everyone else nodded. I tried the dress on and I wasn't too happy with it but I walked out to see everyone else. "What do you all think?" "What do you think Kat" I shook my head "It's not me" they all nodded their heads in agreement. "Dani there is a bottle of milk can you feed Noah please before he gets fussy" "Sure." I tried on 5 more dresses but I didn't like any of them. I changed into the 7th dress and I was in love with it. I walked out and they all had a slight tear in their eyes. "I've found my dress" "Damn right you have girl" Kim walked over and hugged me "So whos house could I get this delivered to?" They all looked at Erin "Will will tell Jay what it looks like" "Good point" "Ruzek can't keep a secret" I laughed "We both know what Kelly is like" I nodded "Very true" "Erin can't keep secrets so why did we all look at her" they all nodded "Yes I can I didn't tell anyone about M-" "And there you just about said it" I looked at Sylvie "Sylvie it's going to your house Antonio owes me a favour so he won't tell Jay." I got changed back into my normal clothes then we looked at other stuff I might need "What about this one?" Erin lifted up a vail and it matched the dress perfectly "Sylvie that's going to yours" I smiled. I picked the carrier up and put it on. Dani handed me Noah and I put him in the carrier. I put the diaper bag on my back and we went to pay and get it delivered to Sylvie's house. "Lunch?" they all nodded and we went to have lunch. 
After lunch, we walked back to the cars. Noah was awake so I would have to fight him into his car seat. I opened his door and took him out of the carrier and attempted to get him in his car seat. Noah started crying so I stopped trying to put him in. I took the diaper bag off my back and took out his elephant pacifier. I gave Noah his pacifier and rocked him before attempting to put him in his car seat. Thankfully this time he went in easier. I put the diaper bag on the floor and took the carrier off and put it on the floor. I walked around and got in the car just as I got a text message. "Hey baby are you nearly done shopping I left my key at home" I laughed "We are just leaving we will be back in 10 minutes doesn't Kelly have his spare key?" "Who's that now Kat" "Jay" A text popped up on the screen. We were at a red light so I quickly read it. "No" I shook my head and looked back and Erin was playing with Noah. 

I opened my door and Jay came out to help me with Noah "It's up to yous if you want to take your dresses home or if you want to leave them here" I smiled and kissed Jay "I love you" "I love you too" Everyone took their own dresses home and we walked inside "Let's watch a movie" I smiled "I'm picking" "Ok" I picked a movie and Jay came back downstairs. I yawned a couple of times during the movie. I woke up in Jay's arms while we were walking up the stairs "Sorry baby" I gave a weak smile. Jay put me on the edge of the bed when we got into the bedroom. He put his CPD hoodie on the bed next to me and I got changed. I lay down on the bed and cuddled into Jay. Jay kissed my forehead and I yawned then fell asleep.

Dani belongs to Alexmarie_19
While writing this Lesseth Chavez who plays Vannessa Rojas messaged me. I have no idea why I added this in but I'm going to leave it here so I can remember