Gifts

"Where are we going?" "You will see" "Matt just tell me" Then squad 3 passed us "Just tell me before I ask Severide" "Ask him then" I spoke over the radio "Severide where the hell is Matt taking me?" "How am I meant to know?" "Because you just passed us" "We are late for a show and tell thing at the school"  "Whatever". Otis was still driving with the lights and sirens "When can you tell me" "Do you always talk this much?" "Yes" "How does Jay put up with you?" "I really don't know" "Well I feel sorry for him" I laughed just as Otis pulled over and Matt jumped out. Mouch opened the door and jumped out followed by Gallo. Matt and Gallo put their hands out to help me down so I took their hands and got out of the truck.
Truck was all in their turnout gear but they had brought mine so I wouldn't feel left out. Gallo handed me my pants and I put them on "I'm surprised these even fit" they all laughed Matt handed me my turnout jacket and I put it on "I haven't worn this in so long and I miss it" "Well truck always has a place for you" Just then 3 unmarked black SUV's drove past and pulled in front of truck then 61 and then Squad. 61 and Squad got out and walked over "What the hell is happening and Severide why the hell did you lie" "You will see" I followed Squad and Truck into a building with 61 "What's happening" "I'm not lying when I say this I seriously don't know Kat" "What do you mean" "I was told just to meet truck and Squad here and there would be some SUV's but not to worry about it" "Ok?" 

Squad and Truck walked in but Severide and Casey stopped "You can go first" "No you're fine" Just then there was a bang followed by "Chicago PD stay where you are" I recognised the voice. Jay and Ruzek rushed passed with the big guns while everyone else rushed with their normal guns. They walked out and pointed their guns at me "What the hell is going on Ruzek?" No one said anything "Jay the hell is going on?" No one said anything so I looked at where they load their guns. There were no bullets in them so I grabbed both their guns out of their hands. "Kat what the hell" "How dumb do you think I am" "What" "Either yous are dumb or yous think I'm dumb" "How" "Well Ruzek you both forgot to load your guns and the laser doesn't do anything without bullets" Jay and Ruzek stood there shocked "Say something someone" "Well that failed" "Damn right it did Casey" "You can go in now"
I walked into the other room and there was a banner on the wall "Congratulations" I turned around and looked at Severide and Casey "What the hell did you two do" "It's your last shift and because you cant drink we didn't want to do it at Molly's so we did it on shift so we can't drink either" "That's sweet" I went up to them and hugged them. There were bags of gifts on one of the tables. I walked over and looked at one "To Kat and Jay congratulations Will + Nat"  I looked at Jay "Your brother has a girlfriend again" "Who now" "Guess" "I don't know just tell me" "Ex-Fiance" "You are joking" "Look at this" "Damn" Jay opened it and pulled out a babygrow "Future doctor like my uncle" I laughed at it and Jay pulled another one out "I get 99% of my awesomeness from my Aunt Nat" I looked at Jay "I'm phoning Will" Jay walked out the room and Erin walked over "What's up with him?" I showed her the bag and then the baby grows. She walked away without saying anything. Herrmann shouted, "Where's the mom and dad to be" I waved "Wheres the dad" "On the phone to his brother" I shouted back "I'll get him" Ruzek walked out and then walked back in with Jay "Jat, Kat come up here" I looked at Jay and we walked up towards Herrmann. "Ok so Hart has not had an easy life and neither has Jay," I say Will and Nat walk in and I give Nat a look as if to show me her left hand.
 She lifts her hand up and there is a ring on it "Ahhhhh" I run over to her and hug her then Wil "We didn't want to spoil your moment" "I don't care my moment is when I have this banana" She smiled and hugged me "I can't wait to find the gender out" She put her hand on my stomach "Hart is everything ok" "Yeah" I whispered to Nat and Will "I'm dragging you two up you don't show up here at my thing and I won't tell" they laughed and followed me "Herrmann sorry to interrupt but Nat and Will have something to share" Jay walked up to me "What do they have to share?" "Look at Nat's left hand". Jay's face was a picture. Nat and Will told everyone and Nat walked up to me "Apolligise and I will slap you" She walked away. A few hours went by without a call except a few ambo ones but it was 8 pm "We should probably clean up and get back to the house" "Hart I have cleaners for that" I laughed "Whatever Herrmann" "81 and Hart lets go" I kissed Jay and followed 81 out. I got into the truck with the help of Mouch and Gallo and we drove back to 51. 

Gallo and Casey helped me out of 81 and I walked into the common room and sat down. Casey handed me the bags that I had forgot about there was one from Hank so I opened it. Inside there was some bottles, bibs and pacifiers I took a photo and sent it to Jay "From your boss". I went to my locker and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I walked through to the bathroom and Dani was standing there. "Hey, Dani" "Oh hey Kat" "That was surprising from Will" "I know I am still shocked" I laughed and started to brush my teeth. After I walked back to the locker room. I put my stuff back into my bag and walked into the bunk room. I took my boots off not that we would get a call but incase we did I lined them up so I could just pull them on. I lay down and put my hand on my bump. "Not long until we can call you baby girl or baby boy," I thought about some names for both a girl and boy. I grabbed my phone and looked for gender prediction sheets to hand out to 51 and the 21st. I saved a Parents Guess Who and predictions for the baby sheet that I would print tomorrow. I decided to get some sleep but I thought about getting a cake with the gender inside but chose not to because we would already know what it was.