Caring Too Much

I was still facing away from Jay when I woke up. I wasn't happy with what he had done but I knew he was just trying to protect me and the baby. I love Jay I really do but I need to live my life like I want to. I turned over to see Jay still asleep I had to pee so I went into the bathroom. I did what I needed to on the toilet and then I brushed my teeth. I felt sick so I sat on the floor of the bathroom with the door shut. I didn't want jay coming in just now I wanted to talk to him first. Then I heard the doorbell I opened the door and walked down the stairs. Jay was behind me probably with his gun I looked through the peephole and it was Dani. I opened the door "He's still in the guest room" "Thanks" 

I went into the kitchen not that I wanted to eat anything because I knew I would be sick if I did. Jay went back upstairs and then came down and walked into the kitchen. "Kat I'm sorry about last night" "Jay we can't be one of those couples were every time the woman goes to do something while pregnant the man steps in and does it" I whispered so Severide and Dani wouldn't hear. "I'm sorry" he walked over to me and I kissed him "Jay I don't mind you carrying my bag or grabbing my shoes for me but exercise is the best thing for pregnant people" "I know I'm sorry" "What do you want to do today?" Dani walked in "Who's Shay?" I looked at Jay becasue I didn't know "Shay was Kelly's best friend, She died in the line of duty" I felt tears in my eyes I looked at Jay "Thanks Jay" she walked out of the kitchen "Let's go to Molly's tonight" "Kat you sur-" I shot him a look "Ok then"

 I had to be sick so I ran into the downstairs bathroom Jay came in and grabbed my hair. I grabbed it and pinned it up then Jay came in with a glass of water and an anti-sickness pill. "Thanks" he kissed my forehead. I sat on the floor and looked at Jay "I'm sorry for the way I reacted last night" "Hey it's ok, I might not understand everything you do but I love you" Dani knocked on the door "Everything ok? We heard someone being sick" I looked at Jay "Yeah it's probably just food poisoning". 

I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the sofa Dani walked out "Thank you so much for last night" "Don't worry about it, He was there when I needed him" I hugged Dani and she walked out. Severide came out 10 minutes later "Sorry for crashing here last night" "Kelly how many times have I stayed at your house?" "More than I can count" "exactly" "I made the bed and I will leave you to alone" Jay moved my feet and sat down next to me. "How about we stay in and just go to Molly's" "Sounds good" Jay turned the tv on "What about that" I read what it said "Yeah it seems ok" We watched the show for a while "Why don't you put Netflix on" "How about we get the computer out and make a list of baby stuff we want and need" "That sounds good" Jay got up and got the computer while I let Coco out of her cage. He looked at baby stuff for about an hour. We even decided where we were going to have the nursery and what colours. 

Jay got up to make dinner and I went into the kitchen. I sat down at the table and watched Jay make food. He made Macaroni Cheese. I ate dinner then went to get ready. I walked up the stairs and went into the shower. I didn't put any makeup on so I didn't have to stand at the mirror for too long. I straightened my hair and picked my outfit while I could I chose a short black dress with a leather jacket. I walked downstairs and got Jay to grab my shoes becasue he wanted to help so much. I put on my boots and grabbed my bag Jay walked down the stairs with my phone and keys. I kissed him "What would I do without you?" "Forget your phone and keys" He had a grin on his face. "Car or Walk" "We can walk but you might have to carry me home" "We will walk then" We started walking to Molly's and I looked in my bag and found the photos of our baby. I felt tears in my eyes and everything went blurry "Jay wait a minute" Jay stopped and turned around "What's wrong?" "I don't know, I saw the pictures of our baby and I started crying" I fell into his arms "You don't have makeup on do you?" I lifted my head up "No, why" "I didn't want my shirt to be covered in makeup" He started to laugh "let's get to Molly's before you cry again" 

We finally got to Molly's and we saw Dani and Severide sitting by themselves. They looked happy really happy in fact. Jay walked over beside the 21st district "When can I tell someone your pregnant?" "End of my next shift" "Really Kat" "Jay I'm going to see Sylvie" I walked over and sat next to Sylvie "Hey Brett" "Hey Hart" Herrmann walked over "Beer?" "No water please" Herrmann looked at me strange "When are you telling 51?" "Start of next shift" "Are you staying on ambo?" "As long as I'm allowed" She hugged me Herrmann walked over with my water "Beer Halstead?" "Yeah thanks, Herrmann" I looked at Jay he kissed me Herrmann walked over with Jay's beer "If you two want to do anything you can get out my bar" I started laughing Jay looked at me confused "Will's not here is the" "No why?" "I want to thank Nat" I walked over and saw Nat "Hey Nat, Thanks for yesterday" "No worries again congrats" I walked back over "Jay let's go home I'm tired" I walked to the door and opened it. We started walking home then Jay picked me up and carried me the rest of the way.

We got home and Coco jumped up on me "Hey Baby, your so cute" Jay looked at me "and you" he smiled "I'll feed Coco and put her in her cage" I walked upstairs and got changed. I stole Jay's CPD hoodie again and I put it on with a pair of shorts. I brushed my teeth and got into bed. Jay came up eventually and got changed into a pair of shorts. He got into bed and he put his arm around my waist. I put my head onto his bare chest. He kissed my forehead before I went to sleep.