Dress Shopping

I woke up and Jay was asleep in bed. I got up and looked at the time shift would be finished soon so Sylvie would be coming over. I waddled through to the bathroom. After I had been to the toilet I brushed my teeth and put my hair into a high ponytail. I got changed into a pair of black leggings and a flannel top on. Jay woke up "What time is it?" "10:30" "Why are you up?" "Becasue Sylvie is coming over after shift" He nodded "Are we going to the Christmas dance?" "You bought tickets so as long as you aren't in labour or have had our little man then why not" "Ok Sylvie and I will go dress shopping" "Pick something that's not red because you always get red" "I will try" I smiled "Can you stay in bed until I come up to get shoes?" "Yeah sure," I kissed him and walked downstairs.
I sat on the sofa and looked on my phone for a little while until there was a knock on the door so I got up and waddled to the door and opened it. "Sylvie" I grabbed her and hugged her. "Come in" "Is...Is Jay here?" "He's upstairs sleeping" I sat her on the sofa and wiped her tears away "Let's go into the bathroom and do this test" I waddled to the bathroom with her. "I will wait here" Sylvie went into the bathroom "Sylvie I will be back I'm just going to get my shoes".
 I  waddled upstairs and Jay was lying staring at me. "What?" "Who was crying?" "Sylvie" "Why?" I looked at my bump. "Well you better go back down" I nodded and kissed him "Don't come down just yet".
 I waddled back down the stairs and Sylvie was sitting on the sofa so I sat next to her. "Sylvie it's going to be ok" her head fell onto my shoulder. I rubbed her back then her alarm went off so she switched it off and walked into the bathroom. She walked out with her test "I couldn't look" She handed me it and I put it on the coffee table "On 3" she nodded "1...2...3..." I turned it over and it was negative. She breathed out a sigh of relief "How about I get some makeup remover and you clean your face up and we go dress shopping for tomorrow night" "Sounds good" I stood up and waddled back upstairs. 
"Everything ok?" I nodded and waddled into the bathroom "Can I get up now?" "Yeah just put some joggers or something on first" "No top?" "I don't care if you wear anything on the top just wear something on the bottom" I kissed him and waddled back downstairs.
I handed Sylvie the makeup remover "Jay's getting up but he knows your here" She nodded and walked into the bathroom as Jay came down in a pair of grey joggers. "I need help" "With what?" "Shoes" I smiled as he walked over to the shoe rack "What pair do you want?" "Erm the grey boots that I had on yesterday" Jay grabbed them and walked back over. He kneeled on one knee and I put my foot on his knee so he could get the boot on. Sylvie walked out the bathroom and I smiled so Jay turned around "Hey Brett" "Morning Halstead" I swapped feet so Jay could get my other boot on. I stood up and kissed Jay "I will see you shortly" "No red dresses" I heard him shout as I waddled out. I got into Sylvies car and we started driving to the Mall.

I opened my door and got out. We walked up to the shops. We looked in lots of shops but I didn't like the look of any the dresses until we went into the final shop "What about this Kat?" Sylvie was holding up a dark blue long-sleeved dress "I love it" I walked over to her and found the dress in my size "I found one for me as well" Sylvie was holding up a light blue strapless dress "That's so pretty" "Let's try them on" I nodded as we walked over to the changing room. I walked out to see Sylvie standing with her dress on "I love them" I nodded and got changed back into my normal clothes.
I walked out holding the dress and we went to pay "So who are you going with?" She looked at me "Casey" "Brett does he know?" "No, not yet" "Tell him before this dance". I was next so I went to pay "Where are you two lovely ladies off to?" "Firefighters Christmas dance" "What house" "Firehouse 51" "You's saved my niece and nephew ages ago Piper and Heath" "I remember them I sat with Heath for a little while and my partner sat with Piper" "Heath wants to be a paramedic now thanks to yous" I could feel tears in my eyes "Tell them they can come to 51 any time" "We aren't meant to do this but I am giving you staff discount and first responder discount" "Please it's ok" "No it's the least I could do" I smiled and paid for my dress and the woman came out from behind "Do you know a detective Jay Halstead?" "Yes, he is my fiance" "Can you tell him thank you for not giving up on our family" "I will" I hugged her then Sylvie and I went looking for shoes.
We were in a lot more shops but none of the shoes we liked matched our dresses. I found a pair of dark blue ballet flats and Sylvie decided to wear some shoes she had at home. We walked back out to the car and then drove back.

When we got back the car wasn't there but the door was unclocked. I walked in and Jay was sitting on the sofa watching the hockey. I waved bye to Sylvie before closing the door. "Where's the car?" "At Molly's" I laughed and placed the bags on the floor and waddled over to the sofa and cuddled into Jay. "So what colour dress did you get?" "Dark blue" He smiled and continued to watch the hockey. "So who is Sylvie seeing?" "Should you ask?" "Casey?" I nodded "Can they date within the firehouse?" "According to the CFD because Sylvie is under me and Casey is Captain of truck they can date" He looked at me confused. "Can you take my boots off please" He nodded and took my boots off. "I'm going to bed" He kissed me and I grabbed my bags and waddled upstairs.
I hung my dress up and put my shoes under it. I went to the toilet and brushed my teeth before getting changed into my pyjamas and getting into bed.