Nerves

I woke up and Jay was getting out of bed. "Where are you going?" I groaned "I'm just going downstairs, go back to sleep" I shut my eyes and went back to sleep. Around 15 minutes later I got up because I had to pee. I got up and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth which probably wasn't a good idea because I would be sick very soon. I got back into bed and I had to be sick so I grabbed my hair and put it in a ponytail while walking to the bathroom. I got there and I was sick as normal. Jay came in behind me again he patted my back and kissed my head. He handed me a glass of water in between and then he gave me an anti-sickness pill he had got yesterday. I finally stopped being sick and I went to get changed. I chose a loose maroon shirt and a pair of black jeans. I went downstairs and took some vitamins while Jay was getting ready. He came downstairs with my handbag because I left it upstairs. I put my shoes on and grabbed my bag. I said bye to Coco and then walked to the car. Jay started the car and I could see he was worried. "Jay stop worrying" "I'm not worrying" "I can see it in your face" I kissed his cheek.

We finally got to med and I could feel my hands shaking. I walked in and saw Maggie "Hey Hart, You here for Nat?" "Yeah thanks, Maggie" "I'll page her if you go into Trauma 2 I'll send her in" "If you need the room let us know Maggie" "Thanks Hart" We walked into trauma 2 and Will came in "Sorry wrong roo- Jay, Kat everything ok?" I looked at Jay so he would do the talking "Yeah Kat just got injured on a call" "ah ok I'll see you guys later" Jay kissed my forehead and Nat walked in "Hey guys" "Hey Nat" "I saw Will walk in, I'm guessing he doesn't know" "No not yet" "That's fine, Kat I'll get you to lie back" I lay down and Jay grabbed my hand I could tell he was more nervous than me. Nat shut the door and locked it so no one could get in and find out then she drew the curtains. "The gel will be cold" I pulled my top up and she put the gel on my stomach. Jay squeezed my hand "and there's your little baby" I looked at Jay and he had a smile on his face. There was a tear falling down his face I lifted my hand up and wiped it away "What?" "Nothing" He looked down at me. "I'll get you guys some pictures" "Thanks Nat" She walked out the room "You saw the tear didn't you" "Yeah" I smiled at him he bent down and kissed me. A few minutes later Nat came in with the pictures "Kat you're around 6 weeks" "6  weeks wow"  "but anyway you's are all ready to go" "Thanks Nat I owe you one" "Don't worry, by the way, Will is waiting for you I said you were getting a head injury checked" "Thanks Nat" We walked out and Will was waiting for us at the door "How's your head, Kat?" "It's fine I'm clear for duty again" "So how did you get a head injury on a call?" "The man shoved me out of the way into the corner of a door" "Will, she's fine I'm fine everyone is fine" Jay took my hand. Will walked the other way and we walked to the car. We got in the car and went straight to the 21st district because Jay had to go to work"

We got to the 21st and Jay unlocked the gate "I should just be put into this thing I'm here so often" Jay turned around and looked at me. We walked up the stairs and I sat on Jay's seat while he went to find Erin. They had been working this case for days and I knew it was getting to Jay. I opened my bag and took out the pictures I cut one apart from the rest and put it next to the picture of me and Jay. Jay came through and went into the break room "Jay speak to me" "There's no evidence that he did it. He's going to walk free after killing 3 teenage girls" He turned to me and I hugged him "Jay you and Erin will find some evidence" He walked passed me and into Voight's office. I saw Jay walk out and over to Ruzek after speaking to Ruzek he calmed down. He sat at his desk and smiled "You do that?" "Maybe, maybe not" he stood up and hugged me. "Give me an hour and we can go" I sat down at his desk and looked at the picture he had of us and smiled. I started talking to Ruzek "So how far are you?" "6 weeks" "Just 6  weeks-" "Say it and I will break your neck forget about Jay punching you" He looked away. "How's Severide, Dani and Otis?" "Otis has a broken leg, Dani and  Severide just scratches and bruises" "That's good to hear" Jay walked in. "I'm ready to go" "Have you asked Voight for some time off?" "I'll do that now". I sat down and waited for him "I got 2 hours off" "Ok" "Have you got everything?" "I should do" Jay looked around to make sure" We walked down the stairs and out to the car. I got in the car and Jay started it. "Molly's or movie night?" "Let's do Molly's tonight and movie night tomorrow" "Now or get changed" "I'm fine to go just now" Jay drove to Molly's instead of home. 

We pulled up at Molly's and Severide was outside with Dani. Severide had that look on his face. "Kelly calm down" "I'm not mad" "Kelly the fact you have you hand in a fist says otherwise" "Kelly talk to me please" "Kat I'm sorry" "Kelly what are you sorry for" "Driving your best friend away" "Kelly that is not your fault. Stella was homesick and I know if she wasn't she would still be here and you would be getting married any day" He started crying "Severide please don't cry, you will make me cry" I looked at Jay and he was talking to Dani "I'm sorry Kat" "Severide come on" "I can't do it, I feel like it's my fault" "Severide it's not your fault" He fell into my arms "shh shh" "I'm sorry" "Come on let's go to my house and stop standing here in the cold" Severide got into the car and I got in the back with Dani.

We got out and Severide came in with Dani. "Severide sit on the sofa" "Severide you have nothing to be sorry for" "I do" I grabbed his face so he would look at me. There was a tear rolling down my face. "Severide, Kidd loved you and she probably still loves you no matter where she is on this world or country she will love you" There were tears in his eyes "I don't trust anyone in this world except you and Dani" "Then talk to me" " I can't" "Then spend the night in our guest room and talk to me tomorrow" "ok" "It's through there". I walked upstairs Jay was already in bed and Dani was sitting on the bed. "He won't talk to me so he's staying in the guest room" "Thanks Kat" "Don't worry about it, I'll walk you out" "No you won't you will sit down" "Jay stop it" "No" "Jay walking a few stairs won't hurt me" "I'm not letting you" "Jay, Dani and Kelly are here, please stop it" He finally gave up. I walked down the stairs "Everything ok between you and Jay?" "Yeah, it will be fine" "Bye Dani" "Bye Kat, thanks again". I locked the door and went up to the bedroom. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and let my hair down. I grabbed a tank top and some shorts and put them on. "I'm sorry" "Jay I don't want to hear it. Just go to sleep and we will talk about it tomorrow" I got into bed and turned onto my side and fell asleep.