Scary Call

I wake up around 8 am the next morning and turn round to see if Jay was still there. He wasn't but his gun and badge were still on the bedside table. The turn over to get out of bed then Jay walks in with a tray. " Morning Baby," he said kissing my head " Morning," I say with a croaky voice " Coffee and pancakes," he said while putting them on the bedside table. I ate the pancakes while Jay got ready. He went to grab his holster but I stopped him so he could come back to bed. " I can't I've got to get ready for work," He said while kissing me " Fine" I jumped in the shower quickly. I got out of the shower and drank my coffee while doing my hair and makeup. I put my hair up in a high ponytail. I put on a pair of black leggings and a blacktop. I didn't want to go to work I could tell today was going to belong. I ran down out to Jay's car as I left my duffel bag in there from last shift. I emptied my bag and put a new uniform in and my make up bag. I put my purse in there so I didn't forget it. I ran downstairs and put my boots on. I walked out to my car " I'll give you a ride and pick you up" Jay said locking the door. I put my duffel bag into the back of Jay's car then got in. Jay handed me my keys and got in the car. He started the car and started driving.

We arrive at 51 and I get out of the car and then grab my duffel bag out the back of the car. Jay gets out of the car and comes round and grabs my hand " I'll walk you up, I need to see Severide" " Ok, Hey Kidd" I said starting to walk up towards the apparatus floor. " See you later," I say to Jay kissing him before walking away. " So what did you and Severide get up to last night," I say staring at her " we got very drunk speaking of that you got any aspirin," she said laughing " Yeah I'll give you some. 

We walked into the locker room and I opened my locker. I grabbed the aspirin I keep in my locker " Kidd catch" I said while throwing her the aspirin. I quickly got changed and walked out the locker room towards the apparatus floor. Jay was still there so I snuck up behind him and covered his eyes " Kat?" he said trying to see I moved my hands and kissed him on the cheek. " I've seen you in uniform once and didn't even say how beautiful you looked" Shut up Detective Halstead go to work," I said walking to the conference room.

I sat down next to Brett and Boden started talking then the bells went off "arrggghhh" I mutter under my breath

Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Engine 51, Batallion 25 Structure Fire 16th and Walbash 

" No time for a second coffee," I say running to the ambo. I jumped in the ambo and waited for squad to leave. Squad left and we followed them I hit the sirens and turned to go down another street to get there faster. We all met on the same street and I see Squad stopped in the middle of the road. I jump out the ambo and run-up to them to see Truck overturned and Truck 66 all bashed at the front " This is ambulance 61 we are taking the truck 81 and truck 66 accident" I say over the radio " Requesting more ambulances" I say after looking at both trucks. Severide jumps up on top of 81 and shouts to Casey " How you all doing down there " Cruz and I are fine how are you all in the back" Kidd replies " We're good but Mouch is pretty banged up." " Cruz, Tony get me the ladders I want as many people out of here before we lift it. Everyone else I want you working on 66 trying to get Molina out of that truck" I run over to 66 to check Molina " I don't want you or your partner working on him" Welch shouts getting out of Truck 66. " Ok, another ambulance will be here soon Welch". 

" Hart, Brett Mouch needs help" Severide shouts helping him out the smashed up truck. " Sylvie you take him I'm going to help McFarland" McFarland had a broken leg. "McFarland wait a minute I'm getting a splint," I say running towards the ambulance. I grabbed the splint and ran back to McFarland and splinted his leg. " Casey, Kidd lets get McFarland in the ambo with Mouch" I turn around to see intelligence turning up behind us. Jay runs over to me " You ok?" I'm fine 66 is in worse shape we weren't involved I've got to get going I say opening the door to the ambo and getting in. "Main put me on to Detective Jay Halstead of intelligence," I say while driving to med " Jay here," He said over the radio in his work voice " Baby it's me" "Hey Baby what's up" " Welch, he was acting strange when I went to help Molina and attempt to get him breathing again. Like it was our fault that Truck 66 is injured. I know Casey and Welch had a rivalry going on at one point as well" " Thanks baby be safe" "You too keep that badge on your hip" I say to him as we pull up to Med.

" Talk to me, Brett" " No life-threating injuries. Mouch here looks like he has glass and dust in his eye and McFarland has a broken leg"  " Mouch Trauma 3 and McFarland we will get you into Trauma 1." Thanks, Maggie"  I say going to help Mouch to Trauma 3. " No Molina will be here soon save Trauma 3 for him," Mouch says to Maggie " Ok get him into the staff lounge then. 

A few hours had gone by and Mouch was fine and there was no word on Molina. Cruz was suspended for going through a red light although Squad, Ambo, Engine had all went through red lights trying to get to the structure fire. " I want you all back at 51. Ambo I'm putting you back in service" Cheif Boden said " Yes Cheif" Sylvie and I said at the same time. We drove back to 51 in silence. 

I reversed into 51 and went to the common room. I grabbed my cup and took a glass of water. Jay then walked in and went straight to Cheif Boden's office then came to the common room " Severide, Hart can I speak to you somewhere private" He said. " Come through to my quarters," he said walking in front. " I didn't say anything about him calling me Hart and not Kat he was at work and in the firehouse so I knew he wouldn't call me baby but it still hurt he called me Hart.

"The Truck 81 and Truck 66 accident this morning was declared an accident about an hour ago by OFI Cruz will return to full duty starting next shift," He said " That's great to hear but why did you ask to see just Severide and me," I asked " I wanted to tell you that but I also wanted to speak to you both about non-work related stuff" " Speak to Severide first I want my coffee," I said opening Severide's Door. Severide then came out and motioned towards his quarters, I nodded " So Jay what couldn't wait till tomorrow" I said walking in " When I heard that 81 was in an accident my first thoughts were are you ok. I know your not 81 but the accident could have been 81 vs 61 and that scared me and I know we aren't dating yet..." " Jay you're scaring me" " Katrina Hart will yo.... you be my girlfriend?" " Jay that is the worst question anyone has asked me," I said laughing " Of course I will be" I kissed him then we went out into the common room holding hands " 51 LISTEN UP" I shouted so everyone would listen to Jay "The Truck 81 and Truck 66 accident this morning was declared an accident about an hour ago by OFI Cruz will return to full duty starting next shift," He said " See you later," He said kissing me then walking out