Date Night

I woke up and snuggled into Jay's chest I may have woke him but I was just happy he was there. He yawned into the side of my neck then kissed it "Morning precious" "Morning handsome" "You still want to go out tonight?" "Of course I do but let's lie here for a bit first" I put my head on his chest. We lay like this for about an hour but I had to be sick so I had to move. I threw my hair into a messy bun while walking to the bathroom. Jay walked in behind me "I'm going to get ready I need to get something" "I might see if Sylvie wants to meet up then". After I was sick I jumped in the shower and washed my hair. I got out and brushed my teeth then texted Sylvie. "Hey, Sylvie do you want to have a girls day?" "Hey, Kat that sounds great what time?" "I'm ok for any time. Jay is taking the car though" "That's fine I will pick you up in half an hour?" "That's fine" "See you then". I walked through to the bedroom and picked out a pair of black ripped jeans and a black vest and a leather jacket. I let my hair dry by its self and I walked down the stairs.
Jay was standing waiting in the living room for me "Yes Jay" "Nothing you just look amazing" "Save the compliments until tonight" he chuckled "I have to go" "Ok I love you" I felt our lips touch then there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it when I walk out" Jay opened the door and it was Sylvie. "Hey, Sylvie you can go in" "See ya, Jay". "Hey Kat" "Hi Sylvie, let me grabbed my boots" I had found a pair of black boots with a small heel so I could feel myself. I grabbed my phone "So why a girls day?" "Jay and I are going on a date tonight" "That explains it" I locked the door then walked down to Sylvie's car.

We got to the mall and we went into a dress shop and I bought a long satin royal blue dress with a split at the leg. We went into a shoe store and I bought a pair of nude shoes with a small heel so my ankles didn't get too sore. "This day has been great" "Yeah thanks for agreeing to come with me" "Don't worry about it I had nothing to do today anyway" We walked back to the car and started driving back to mine. 

"Thanks for coming" "It's ok have fun tonight" I grabbed my bags out of Sylvie's car and walked into the house. Jay was standing in the kitchen making a sandwich. "I'm home babe" "Hey" He walked through and kissed me. "I'm going to get ready" "Ok I love you" 
I walked upstairs and into my bedroom. I took my dress and shoes out of the bag and walked into the bathroom. I curled my hair and did a blue eye look to match my dress. I looked in the wardrobe and saw Jay's suit wasn't there he must have been up while I was doing my hair and makeup. I put my dress on and then my shoes. I chose a necklace out of my jewellery box to match the earrings I got when I was out. I walked down the stairs and Jay was standing at the bottom. "You look beautiful" "And you look handsome" Jay put his arm out and I took it. We walked out to the car and Jay opened the door for me and helped me in. I lifted my dress up and climbed into the car. Jay shut the door and got in "Where are we going?" "It's a surprise". Jay started driving.

"This is where we are going" I smiled. Jay got out of the car and opened my door and helped me out of the car. I took his arm and we walked up to the restaurant. Jay opened the door and we sat down. The waitress handed us menus "Get whatever you would like" "I may just do that" I ordered the Macaroni and Cheese while Jay ordered a Steak. We ate our food and Jay paid "Let's go for a walk along the beach" "Why not" The restaurant was right next to the beach. 
We walked along the beach and Jay stopped and put his hand in his pocket. I turned around to look at the sunset along the sea. When I turned around Jay was on one knee holding a ring box "Katrina Hart I have loved you since the day you turned up at the 21st district and Erin introduced you to us. Kat the moment you said that you loved me was the moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. When you said you were pregnant I had to do something I couldn't risk losing you and this baby. Katrina Hart, will you marry me?" I stopped and I couldn't say anything he looked worried "Yes, yes, of course, I will marry you" He stood up and slipped the ring on my finger. We kissed and then stayed in silence "Jay this might sound selfish but I want to tell Kelly first he's like a brother to me and I hated not telling him I was pregnant earlier" "Kat it's ok I understand we can tell Kelly and Dani tomorrow before shift" I kissed him "Let's go home my feet are going to fall off" We walked back to the car and Jay helped me in "I love you Jay Halstead" "I love you too Katrina Hart". We drove back home and Jay put his hand on my leg and I fell asleep.

Jay woke me up when we got home and carried me into the house and up the stairs. He put me down and helped me unzip my dress and take my necklace off. "Thanks" I took my shoes off and then I got changed into one of Jay's shirts and brushed my teeth. I got into bed and waited on Jay getting in. Jay got into bed and he put his arm around me I placed my head on his chest. He took my hand and looked at the ring on it. "How do you want to tell 51 and the 21st" "Well how about we don't" "What" he looked at me scared "Well I have shift tomorrow so I keep the ring on and tell whoever notices it" "and the 21st" "I'll say to Brett I have to drop something off on shift come visit and show Erin my nice bruises and see if she notices if not we just tell them" "I'm up for that" I kissed him and fell asleep.