Back At Work

Jay woke me up at 2 am in pain so I got up and walked downstairs to get his painkillers when I got back up he was smiling but I could see there was something behind the smile. "I can take the day off work I'm sure Chief won't mind" " No go to work I'll come along and visit" I smiled and handed him the pills. I got back into bed and went back to sleep.

I woke up to my alarm which was surprising because I never used my alarm. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom I had to pee so I did that then went into the shower. I put my hair into Dutch braids when I got out. Before I could do anything I had to be sick after I was sick I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I walked into the bedroom and as quietly as possible I grabbed my uniform and got changed. I grabbed my duffel bag off the bedroom floor and put a spare uniform on. I put my leather jacket on top of my uniform and walked downstairs.

I opened Coco's cage and let her outside to do her business. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my vitamins and took them. I went upstairs to wake Jay up becasue he had to be monitored for the first 24 hours. I tapped his shoulder "Jay baby it's time to wake up" He woke up and smiled at me "I'm a bit stuck" I walked around and helped him out of bed and into the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and walked into the bedroom "Let me help you get changed" "I'm fine" I helped him a little bit then I helped him walk down the stairs. I grabbed his shoes and put them on for him "This will be you in a couple of months" I joked and he smiled. I grabbed my boots and put them on. I grabbed my phone and charger and put them in my bag. I helped Jay up and to walk to the car. I went back into the house to grab my bag I locked the door then put my bag into the back of the car. I got into the car and started driving to 51.

We finally got to 51 and I grabbed my bag from the back of the car and walked around to Jay's side. "I can walk" "I just don't want you falling" we walked up to the apparatus floor and Jay almost lost his balance "Hell no Jay" I grabbed him and walked him into the common room. Herrmann was already sitting at the long table "What do we have here?" "We have someone who wouldn't stay in the hospital for 3 hours" Herrmann shook his head "Sit there and don't move" I walked into the locker room and put my bag into my locker and walked through to the common room. I grabbed Jay a coffee and placed it next to him everyone else was coming into the common room I looked at the time then stood up "What have I done now?" "Not looked at the time" I walked into the locker room and got Jay his pills and walked back to the common room. I placed them next to him and went to get him a glass of water "Jay you need to get shot more often you get a waitress" "Get shot once more and it will be me that kills you not the bullet" I smiled then handed him the glass

Squad 3, Truck 81, ambulance 61 Car Crash South Halstead Street

"Jay want to ride?" "Why not" Jay got up and walked to squad and got in. I jumped into the ambo and hit the lights. I pulled out after squad and followed them to Halstead Street. We arrived second at the scene and we jumped out. I pulled on my rubber gloves and ran over to one of the cars "Hey honey I'm Kat what's your name?" "Mia" "Severide we have a kid trapped in the back" "Ok Mia can you tell me what hurts" "my arm" "your arm what about your neck" she shook her head. "Can you move your head to your right" she moved "amazing what about the left" she moved her head to the left "Well done how about up and down" "What about my mummy" "My friend Sylvie is taking care of her until the other paramedics come" "ok" Dani and Severide came over "Hey Mia these are my friends Dani and Kelly and they are going to get you out" Dani and Severide got the door open and I grabbed Mia and took her over to the ambulance. The other ambo arrived and Sylvie came over "Mia my friend Sylvie is going to come in the back with you ok?" "yeah," I walked over to Jay "Don't forget your pills" "How long does it take to go to med" "awhile" I jumped into the ambo and drove off to med.

I stepped out of the ambo and walked round to the back of the ambo and opened the door. "Sylvie" "This is Mia she is 9 years old and she was involved in an RTC. Her neck and spine were cleared at scene and the only pain she is complaining of is in her left arm and no pain medication was given" "Let's get her into Trauma 3" "Ok Mia we will see you later" I filled out the paperwork and Nat came up behind me "Hey Nat" "Hey Kat" "Mia is fine she has a broken arm and will get a cast" "That's great to hear" "How are you" "Well I'm ok a small bit stressed" "keep the stress down" "My stress will be down when Jay gets cleared for full duty again" I joked "Makes sense" "I'll see you around" I walked out to the ambo and got in. I started driving back to 51 "So what happened to Jay" "He was shot and then beaten yesterday" "Well I feel sorry for you more than him" I laughed "He's not been too bad but he will understand when I'm not able to put my own shoes on or move anywhere" 

I got out of the ambo and saw Jay sitting there "Time" He looked at the time and then took his pills. I sat down at the circle table and put my hands in my head. "Who's on cooking duty?" "Why don't we make Gallo" "Who is it meant to be" "me but I doubt you want to eat what I crave" "ok Gallo you're cooking" "Sorry Gallo" I put my hands into my head just as chief walked in. "Brett, Hart can I speak to you two" Sylvie and I stood up and walked out to the corridor "Yes Chief" "I want you two to take on a trainee paramedic and teach them. I don't care how long they stay wither it is one shift or a hundred shifts" "Yes Chief" We walked back into the common room. I sat down "This will be fun" "Just don't keep them for long I'm the PIC so I will get the blame and when they go to remove me I will just take my maternity leave" Jay looked at me "Don't you dare if the CFD had their way I would be on maternity leave right now" he smiled and I put my head in my hand for the third time hoping no one would disturb my mini nap.