Birthday Girl

I woke up to the smell of Cruz's cooking well it wasn't cooking it was burning. I got out of bed and fixed my hair. It was 6 am and because I was in a building with a bunch of firefighters I knew one of them probably had a fire extinguisher out and on standby while Sylvie had a first aid kit. I walked into the common room to see the fire extinguisher still on the wall and that was surprising. I looked at my phone and saw I had a text from Jay " Morning Baby, I love you so much Happy Birthday I'll see you soon ❤️" I smiled and looked up to see banners on the walls and balloons around the common room. Kidd came up to me " Happy Birthday" "Thanks Stella" she hugged me and sat down. Severide came out of the conference room with a bag "Happy Birthday Kat this is from Stella and I" He said handing me the bag "open it" Stella said sounding like a kid. I opened it and saw the writing " Firehouse Survival Kit" I started laughing "Thanks guys". I noticed Mills had been cooking and that Cruz wasn't actually cooking. "Thank god Cruz isn't cooking," I said while everyone laughs. I turn around and see Jay standing there "Hey baby" "Hey Handsome," I say going to kiss him "Happy Birthday" Boden walked in just as Jay said that. "Did I hear someone say it was someone's birthday. "Its Hart's birthday Chief" "Hart Happy Birthday" "Thanks Chief" "Hart go home and celebrate your birthday" "Chief it's only to hours I'll just stay here" "If you say so".  "I left your gifts at home" "I understand that". I sat down at the table and ate the breakfast Mills had made. "Thanks, Mills" I turn to kiss Jay but he avoids me and turns around to face Severide who was at the top of the table. "Thanks, Jay" he turned around to me confused "I went to kiss you and you turned away" "Oh I'm sorry babe". "I'm going to get changed" I got up and went through to the locker room. I got changed and brushed my teeth. I walked through to the common room and Herrmann had finally got up and came to see us "Here's the birthday girl" Herrmann said walking up to me. "So how old are you now? Wait let me guess 27?" "Nope 26" "ah only a year off" He walked away to get food then everyone else went to the locker room. "I'm going to get my bag and sister," I say to him. I walk into the locker room "Georgie, Jay and I are only going to wait so long" I moaned while getting my bag. "Happy Birthday Kid," Herrmann said handing me a gift "Thanks Herrmann". Georgie finally got changed and we were ready to go home. Jay took my bag and put it on his shoulder and took my hand and walked to the car with me. We got in the car and started to drive home.

We got home and Jay took my bag again. I took my shoes off and sat on the sofa. " Kat I'm staying at my old friend Nicki's house to leave you and Jay" "Thanks Georgie". Jay came through with a big box the box had a lot of holes in it. I took the bow off the top of the box and opened it. Inside there was a black and white puppy. "Jay are you serious" "yep" "ahhhh, Whats its name" "This is Coco she's a Border Collie and she's 7 weeks old." "awwwww" "Jay can you get my gift out my room for Kat. It's too heavy" Jay went and got it. It was another box but with fewer holes. I open it to see a cage with a lot of toys inside. "AHH, Thanks guys" " There's food inside it as well as treats" Jay was holding Coco so I picked her up out of his hands. Georgie looks at her phone. "Nicki is here I'll see you guys tomorrow," She said walking to get her bag. "Thank you so much, Jay" I kissed him. " How about you shower and get ready to go to Molly's" "Ok let me give Coco a toy first" I gave Coco a giraffe made out of rope " I'll set her cage up" I kissed Jay before going upstairs.

I got upstairs and pick out the red dress from Stella and Kellys engagement night. I got into the shower and washed my hair with the new conditioner. I got out of the shower and blow-dried my hair. I did my makeup before curling my hair. Once my hair was curled I put my dress and jewellery on and walked downstairs. Jay had used the spare bathroom to get ready " You look beautiful" He said kissing me "and you look handsome" I put on my red high heels and grabbed my purse and phone. I went over to the cage to say bye to Coco before walking to Molly's.

We walked into Molly's and everyone shouted "SURPRISE" I looked at Jay. "You did this didn't you" he nodded. "Red wine for the birthday girl," Herrmann said walking over with a glass of red wine " Why not," I said back. Casey walked over a bit drunk "Happy Birthday Katrina" "Thanks Casey" He walked away about half an hour later and 2 glasses of red wine later Herrmann shouted, "Guys as you all know its Kat's birthday today so let's all sing her happy birthday." Jay walked away into the back "ONE, TWO, THREE" "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Kat, Happy Birthday to you!!!" While everyone was singing Jay walked out with a cake. "MAKE A WISH" Herrmann said before I blew out the candles. I blew the candles out and everyone cheered. I had another few glasses of wine before we headed home. I could tell I was really drunk because Jay had to get Kim to drive us home. 

When we got home Jay walked me inside and lifted me up onto the counter to get my shoes off because I was too drunk to undo the straps. I jumped down and almost fell over. Jay grabbed me and stopped me from falling. I kissed him and he kissed back. We walked up to the bedroom and I kissed him before pulling his shirt off. He unzipped my dress and things went from there.