Celebrations

When I woke up it was 6 am and I see Jay sleeping. I got out of bed and went downstairs to get a drink of water. I got my drink of water and went into the bathroom. I jumped in the shower and went to the toilet. I put my make up on and waited for my hair to dry I got changed into a pair of black sports leggings, a black sports bra, a grey vest and my grey trainers. My hair had dried by the time I got changed so I put it into a high ponytail. I went downstairs and wrote a little note to Jay " Hey Handsome, I'm away for a run if you wake up before I come back help yourself to anything you want just not my car" I wrote. I grabbed my phone and keys. I put my phone in my pocket near my thigh and went for a run.

By the time I got back Jay was still sleeping in bed and it was 7:30 I knew he had work at 9 this morning so I made him a cup of coffee and some toast. I walked upstairs to see Jay looking at me with the biggest smile on his face. I put the toast and coffee down next to him. He grabbed me and threw me on to the bed " I'm all sweaty" I said laughing " Even better" he said laughing. " Go shower and get ready for work," I said kissing him " Do I have to" he moaned " If you do ill go on that double date tonight," I said smiling " Fine," he said taking the last bite of toast " I WANTED THAT" I shout as he turns the shower on. I looked in my wardrobe and decided I didn't like any of my dresses. I texted Stella and Sylvie and asked if they wanted a girls day. Jay came out of the bathroom and kissed me. I went downstairs and put my phone on charge. I went back upstairs and went into the shower myself. I braided my hair when I got out and brushed my teeth before walking out in a towel because I had left my clothes. " What have I told you, detective" he laughed. I got changed into a pair of dark blue ripped jeans, a white crop vest and a long grey cardigan with a pair of white trainers.  " I need the car and mines needs to go to the garage," Jay said staring at me. " I'll drive you to work and pick you up," I said he kissed me. "Now grab your things before Erin get suspicious". He shot me a weird look

I dropped Jay off at work and I still had half an hour before I met Sylvie and Stella so I went to see Erin. " I'll come in and see Erin," I said while he got out the car. " Hi Platt," He said walking past " Hey Trudy" " Hi Jay Hi Katrina By the way Jay you have mail and I like Katrina better" I started laughing. "Everyone likes me better Trudy," I said still laughing. "Kat," Erin said running up to me " I have big news," she said giving me the same look from High School " Noo," I said giving her the look. " Yes," She said looking at Hank. Jay looked at me and pulled me off to the side. " I'm ok with everyone here knowing if you are" " I'm Ok with it. Why wouldn't I be?" I've got to get going I'll see you tonight. Don't tell anyone not even Erin" I said " Ok I won't don't worry" I kissed him and everyone in intelligence went "ooohhhh" as if they had planed it " I GOT TWENTY BUCKS" Ruzek shouted " I GOT TEN BUCKS" Atwater shouted. " What did I tell you," He said before kissing me again " Bye Jay," I say walking out. 

Stella, Sylvie and I all went out and had a girls day. Stella and I got a new dress. I got a long red dress with a slit at the leg and a new pair of red heels. I messaged Jay saying to match and we will drop by his so we can pick up his suit. I got my hair cut and highlighted before going back home. 

When I got home I hung up my dress so it didn't get crushed and messaged Kelly telling him that Stella has no idea. I went downstairs and plugged my phone in just to make sure it didn't die. I got a phone call from Jay saying they were finishing about 5 pm that day, not 6 pm it was 4:25 pm so I decided to go get him. 

I waited outside for Jay and he came out and got in the car. " Hey Baby" " Hey Handsome," we said before kissing. I started the car and started driving. We got to his house and he went to get his suit. He came out and we headed to mine.

We got to mine and we went inside. I started getting ready. I curled my hair and put my make up on I didn't put lipstick on just yet. When I had finished that it was about 6:25 pm so I got Jay to help me put my dress on. He zipped my dress up. I went into the bathroom as he put his suit on. I was going to ask him if he needed help with his tie then I remembered he was the police and he probably wore one every day for about 5 years. I put in my earrings and Jay walked in and helped me put my necklace on. I grabbed my purse and put my heels on. 

We met Kelly and Stella at the restaurant and started to eat. Kelly suggested we go for a walk along the beach after and we did. Halfway along the beach, Kelly nodded and that's when Jay and I knew he was going to do it. " Stella Kidd you are the best thing to ever happen to me after Shay died and I am very thankful for you. I always promised myself that I would never do this unless I really meant it and well you know how that went" we started laughing Kelly then got down on one knee " Stella Kidd I love you, Will you marry me?" He said starting to sweat. Stella started crying " Yes Kelly I will marry you" Jay and I started clapping I walked up to Stella and hugged her while Jay went up to Kelly and shaked his hand. "I think we should surprise everyone at Molly's instead of at work tomorrow"

Jay and I were first to arrive at Molly's then Stella and Kelly. I walked into Molly's and went up to Herrmann " Any chance you can shut everyone up for a couple of minutes?" I said " No problem kid," he said jumping on the bar " GUYS LISTEN UP KATRINA HART WANTS TO TALK" he shouted to everyone then all eyes were on me and Jay. " Can we please say a huge congratulations to the newly engaged couple?" I said while Kelly and Stella walked in "what?!" Herrmann, Otis, Mouch, Cruz and Casey said. " Severide and Kidd got engaged," I say and everyone starts cheering. I see Casey walk up to Severide to congratulate him. "Let's go home I've had enough alcohol for one day," I say "Let's go," Jay says walking me out. 

When we get home I get Jay to help me get my dress and jewellery off. I wash my face, brush my teeth then get changed for the night. I get into bed and wait for Jay. Jay gets into bed and I put my head on his chest again. He puts his arm around me and falls asleep straight away. I can't stop thinking about how that could be me and Jay one day. Going on a date walking along the beach and then walking into Molly's engaged. After about an hour I fell asleep.