"Guns Away"

I woke up and Erin and Kim were sitting in the chairs sleeping. Jay wasn't in bed so I rolled over but his badge wasn't on the bedside table. I can't look in the safe to see what holster is there because I can't bend down that far. I slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom. After I had been to the toilet I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I waddled out of the bathroom and downstairs as quietly as I could.
Adam and Kevin were on the sofa and armchair and I don't know where Upton was. I waddled to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of milk and sat down at the island. I wasn't too hungry more just worried about what Jay was doing or up to. I waddled over to the dishwasher but dropped my glass and it woke Ruzek and Atwater up they both jumped up and grabbed their guns from there holsters. "Sorry guys" "Don't worry about it" They both sat down and I waddled over and sat on the extra armchair
"So how about you two tell me why my fiance is acting stranged. Don't say it's going to be a surprise because Erin and Kim wouldn't be in my bedroom right now and you two wouldn't be sitting there just now so tell me the truth" They both looked down "Ruzek tell me" I sat up straight and looked at them "This is best coming from Kim or Erin" "Ruzek say it" He looked at me and then the floor "Someone say it before I come over and punch both of you" "Kat Max escaped prison Jay is with Voight looking for him" I looked at the floor and there were tears in my eyes. The tears started falling down my face so Ruzek walked over and hugged me. I stood up and placed my head on his chest there were footsteps coming down the stairs but I didn't lookup. There was a knock at the front door so I moved away from Ruzek. They all grabbed their guns "Kat you need to answer it but we all have fully loaded weapons" I nodded and waddled over to the door.
I unlocked the door and opened it to see Josh standing there. I breathed a slight sigh of relief because Max was still missing. "Come in" He looked at me strangely "Why does everyone have guns pointing at me except Erin who is sleeping?" "Oh sorry I forgot guys put your guns away this is Erin's fiance and my cousin Josh Hart" I moved to the side and leet Josh in while everyone put their guns back in their holsters. I locked the door then waddled over to the armchair and sat down "Can I wake her?" "I don't mind" I looked at everyone else then there was another knock on the door "Same as before?" Ruzek nodded. "Josh stay there" I stood up and waddled over to the door.
I opened the door slowly and Jay and Hank were standing there "Guns away" I waddled over to Jay and hugged him "Who told you?" I didn't say anything but I heard Ruzek "She made me she was going to punch Kevin and I if we didn't" I let go of Jay and nodded. I waddled back inside and Kim and Ruzek walked into the spare bedroom. I knew it was about Ruzek hugging me I should apologise for that. I sat on the armchair for the third time "Did you get him?" Jay nodded "Yeah we did" I smiled and looked down. Jay got up and crouched in front of me "He will never see light again and neither will Georgie" "I know that but there's something else" "What?" "I will tell you later but just now I am going to get changed and we are all going out for breakfast on me" They all looked over then Jay looked at me "You are not having contractions are you?" "Do I look like I am?" "No" "Then there's your answer oh and someone needs to wake Lindsay I nominate Josh so he knows what will happen in the future" They all nodded in agreement. Josh walked over to Lindsay and shaked her a little. Erin jumped up, grabbed her gun from her holster and pointed it at Josh's head "And that's her with a gun she is even more violent without one" I smiled and waddled upstairs.
I walked into the bathroom and put on a small bit of makeup I then put my hair into Dutch braids. I waddled back into the bedroom and put on a long grey jumper with a pair of black leggings. I grabbed my grey boots and waddled downstairs with them.
Jay was sitting on the sofa talking to the rest of intelligence and Josh "Sit" "The dog or me?" "Both" I chuckled and sat down "Boots?" I handed him my boots and he put them on "Aww Jay is doing something for someone else" I laughed and looked at Erin "You just wait" I laughed. I stood up and kissed Jay before walking to the kitchen looking for my phone. I couldn't find it in the kitchen so I walked back into the living room. Jay was standing holding my phone out "Phone" "Thank you keys?" "Hall table" I walked out to the hall and grabbed the keys. I walked back into the living room "Everyone ready?" "You're not" I looked at Jay "Jacket?" "Can you get my squad one please?" He nodded and ran upstairs to get my squad jacket. Minutes later he came down holding it "Thank you" I kissed him "Where are we going?" "Pancake place?" They all nodded "Meet you there then" We all walked out while Jay locked the door. I got into the car and sat "Why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want you worrying" "Babe the only thing I have to worry about is where and when my waters will break" He looked at me and kissed me then started driving.

When we got there Kim, Adam and Erin were already there. "Shall we just head in?" "Yeah, it won't hurt they know our cars" We walked over and I went to pull the door open "You dare pull that open" I looked at Jay and pulled it open anyway and waddled in. "How many?" The waitress looked familiar but I didn't know where from. I looked around and counted "7 please" she nodded "Follow me" We walked over to a table "These are the menus. Who should they ask for when they come in?" "Kat" She nodded and walked away and I looked at Jay "I know her" he looked at me strangely then I saw Atwater and Hailey pull up. They walked over and pointed at me so I nodded. They walked to the door and asked for me then the waitress walked over "Thanks" I looked at the menu "I will be back" I got up and walked to the toilets. When I walked out of the toilets the waitress was taking their orders Jay knows what I get so he probably ordered for me. "Everything ok?" I nodded and sat down. "I got you your normal" I nodded and placed my head on his shoulder. "So what names do you two like?" Ruzek seemed really interested "We have something James Halstead" "Something?" I laughed "We don't have a first name yet Ruzek" "How about Adam or Kevin" I laughed and looked at Jay "No we are not naming our son after yous". The waitress bought our food over.
"This may sound rude but can I ask your last name?" "Hart" "As in Katrina Hart?" I nodded "Yes" "I'm Anna Jenson I went to the academy with you" "Jenson now that name does come to mind" "I saw your speech at the Firefighter Christmas Gala and hoped I would run into you again" "Jenson you were under Chief Bailey Perez" "I was" "I remember you, you were obsessed with Lieutenant Kelly Severide" "Yes but he wasn't Lieutenant" "No he wasn't and I'm sorry saying Lieutenant is just habit" "It's ok" "Jenson where are you know?" "Truck 66 what about you?" "Ambo 61, Squad 3 and Truck 81" "All three" "I only cover on squad and truck" "Where's Severide now?" "Severide is squad 3" "Single?" "You wish he was. He is engaged to my fiance's sister" "Who is your fiance and if you say Henry Marshall I will not give you staff discount" I laughed and I could feel everyone staring at me. I turned around and looked at Jay "Jenson this is my fiance Detective Jay Halstead and this is his team intelligence this is Anna Jenson" they all nodded "Anna are you Lieutenant or Captain or Chief?" "I wish" "Don't we all. Let me give you my number" She took out her phone and I put her number in it "Are you still single?" She nodded "I have someone in mind after Christmas I am going to introduce you" "I won't complain I will leave you all to eat" She walked away.
"Squad 3?" "Kelly said I could step in if he ever needed it" Jay gave me a look and we started eating. After we were finished I asked Anna for the bill. "I put staff discount and first responder discount" "Thanks Anna" I took the money and paid for it. "We should get to the district" I nodded and hugged Erin and Kim "I am going to tell him when we get home" They both nodded and we walked out to our cars. I got in before Jay "Who is Henry Marshall?" "An ex-boyfriend from the academy" He nodded and we drove home.

I opened my door and walked in because Jay had unlocked the door. I sat on the sofa "We always talk about our little man but never the wedding so let's speak about the wedding" He sat down "What about it?" "Have you decided on a best man?" "No have you decided on a maid of honour and bridesmaids?" I looked down "About that" "Kat what" "I asked Erin and Kim last night" "That's great it means we are one step closer to a date" I laughed "How about we look at venues sometime soon" "Sounds good" "You also need to decide on dress blues, suit or both" "Both?" "You wear dress blues for the ceremony and then wear a suit for the reception" "You need to pick a dress" "I need no bump for that and can you take my boots off?" Jay took my boots off then we continued to talk about the wedding until it got dark out "How about you switch the Christmas lights on and we get changed then watch a movie" "Sounds good" "I'm picking this time" I waddled upstairs and into the bathroom. I took off my makeup and brushed my teeth. I got changed into one of the big shirts I had and a pair of shorts. I looked through the movies and decided on Die Hard. I pressed play and we watched die hard but I fell asleep during it. Jay woke me up and helped me up to bed and helped me into it. Jay got in and I placed my head on his chest and fell asleep.