Ill

I woke up to someone's phone ringing and a headache "Whose phone is that?" I groaned "Mine" "Erin turn it off" "It's your cousin" "It could be my fiance and I wouldn't care" Erin answered the phone and Sylvie walked in "There you go" "Thanks" She handed me a glass of water and some painkillers. I grabbed my phone and I had a missed call from both Antonio and Jay. I decided to phone Antonio first because I knew his call would be more important. 
"Dawson" "Toni it's me" "You're on speaker" "Why?" I moaned "How's your head?" "Sore to say the least" "That's your fault" "I know by the way you aren't on speaker so you can say what you really phoned me for" "We still on for today?" "Yeah make it 1 instead" "Ok your man just walked in I'll put him on" "Thanks Toni" "Hey baby girl" "Hey handsome how's my baby boy?" "Crawling around annoying his uncle Adam" "I miss him" "Well we miss you" "I'm meeting Toni at the gym at 1 then I'm going shopping so I'll pick Noah up after I've been shopping" "Ok if we get a case I'll give him to Trudy" "Ok I love you" "I love you too I'll put Toni back on" "Ok" "Ok who have you told?" "Erm myself and you" "I don't have her ring size" "I'll find out for you but where are you gonna hide it?" "Never thought that far" "I'll keep it" Sylvie walked into the room "Are you sure" "Yeah erm so I'll meet you at 1" "Yeah she's in the room isn't she?" "Yeah" "Ok I'll see you in 2 hours" "Bye Toni" "Bye Kat" I hung up and placed my phone the coffee table.
"That was 3 conversations again Hart" "Mind your business Lindsay" I smirked then came up with the perfect plan on how to get her ring size. "Ok I want to do something for my wedding but I need your ring sizes" "Why?" "It's a surprise" "Fine" They all gave me their ring sizes "Ok I'm gonna go spend 2 hours getting dressed" "Use the spare bedroom" "Ok" I walked to the spare bedroom and got changed into my navy blue leggings and sports bra and my light pink sleeveless hoodie. I grabbed my light pink trainers and pulled them on. I redid my 2 boxer braids then did a small bit of makeup. I packed my bag and walked downstairs. "Hey your man and Antonio have been blowing up your phone" I grabbed it and phoned Jay "Hey baby" "Why have you and Toni been blowing up my phone" "Noah has a temperature and I can't find the medicine" "I'm coming home" "Baby it's ok" "No I'm coming home you aren't fighting me on this" "Ok but where is it?" "In the 3rd drawer of the drawers in the living room" "Ok I got it" "I'll be 10 minutes" "Ok drive safe" "Always" I hung up "Everything ok?" "Noah has a temperature" "We'll see you on shift" I nodded. I walked out to my car and got in then drove home.

I jumped out and walked into the house. "JUST ME" I knew they would all have their guns with them. I walked into the living room and they were all sitting while Noah was sitting on Jay's lap "Hey baby" "Hey" I smiled then took Noah from him "Little man what's wrong" I kissed his head and started bouncing him. I felt his head "When did you give him stuff?" "Like 10 minutes ago" "What was his temperature?" "102.3" I nodded "Shhh" "Hey we'll leave you two" "It's fine I'll go up to the bathroom and give him a cold bath" "Ok I left an outfit for him on the changing table" "Ok" I walked upstairs and to the bathroom. I turned the bath on and made sure it was cold but not too cold. I undressed Noah then placed him in the bath and washed him. I took him out and wrapped him in a towel then walked through to the nursery. I changed Noah into a black babygrow and left the outfit for when he cools down. I walked downstairs with Noah on my hip "Hey baby are you ok to look after Noah Toni and I have to go to some things that don't concern you" "Yeah that's fine and I already know to tell you his temperature every hour if it goes over 103 go to med or phone my brother or sister in law" "I know you know which is why I was gonna say we can miss boxing if you want me to take him" Jay looked at his phone "We got a case I'm so sorry" I kissed him "Go I'll take Noah with us" "I love you" "I love you too be safe" "Always" I pecked his lips a few times before putting Noah in his jumper thing.
 "Sorry Toni" "No it's ok family comes first" I nodded "Erm I'll go back Noah's bag are you ok watching him?" "Yeah, I have 2 kids I can watch Noah" "Thanks" I jogged upstairs and into the nursery. I grabbed the diaper bag and packed it with everything I would need for Noah. I threw a jumper in for myself as well as some empty bottles. I jogged downstairs and threw 2 bottles of milk in and some milk power just in case. I zipped the bag then picked Noah up out of his jumper. "Toni, there's a car seat in the guest bedroom can you grab it?" I asked while bouncing Noah who was on my hip "Got it." We walked out to Antonio's car and he put the car seat in. Noah started crying so I gave him some chips to calm him down. Which calmed him down slightly but not much. I placed Noah in his car seat and buckled him in before placing his bag on the floor and climbing into the car myself. 
"You're a good mother Kat" "Thanks Toni it's just hard I shouldn't say this but I feel like I never see Jay or if I do it's at the district or firehouse but Jay's working overtime to pay for the wedding" "What did you need to tell me about the wedding by the way?" "Mouse" "As in Jay's best friend?" I nodded "He's coming back for it and I've spoken to Kelly and Mouse is gonna take Kelly's spot" "Mouse wearing a suit good luck," He said with a laugh "He's gonna wear his uniform he gets in the morning then he's gonna come with me and the girls because Jay won't suspect anything. So after I've walked down I want Mouse to walk down so I can see Jay's reaction" "I like that idea" 

We pulled up at the ring shop and I got Noah out of his car seat and placed him on my hip. "I'll take his bag" "Toni you don't need to do that" "He's ill and you have your hands full" "Thanks Toni" I closed the door and we walked inside. 
"Good morning," The assistant said and I smiled "Morning" Toni walked away and looked the rings while I just looked around the shop "Yous have a beautiful kid" I was trying not to laugh "He's not mine," Toni said trying to keep a straight face "Oh I'm sorry" "It's ok honestly" "Kat" I walked over to Toni bouncing Noah on the way, "I think she'll love it" "I'll take this one" Toni bought the ring and Kelly walked in. 
"Kelly what have you done?" I asked, "Nothing it's Katie's birthday and I need a gift why are you both here?" "It's a secret" Noah put his arms out to Kelly who took him from me "Uncle Kelly's here and he doesn't want his mommy. How's Dani and Aurora?" "Both of them are good you should come over" "I will come over after shift I have a list of things for today and I'm sure Jay will want to see his niece" I smiled "Ok I'm done," Toni said and I nodded "Take Noah with you I've got one baby at home I don't need another" "You sure Kelly there's always room for a second baby" I smirked "Kat I love you but take your son" I took Noah and put him on my hip "Tell Katie I said happy birthday" "I will" We walked out to Antonio's car and I put a squirming Noah in his car seat. He started crying so I climbed in the back and started feeding him.
"I don't bite you know" "I don't know my son seems quite scared of you" I joked "Thank you so much where to?" "I don't know you can drop me off at the 21st if you want to go see Sylvie" "I can't just leave you there" "Why not?" "Cause Jay would kill me" "Toni just drop us off there you can even help me up with him" "Ok fine" Noah finished his bottle and was talking to himself about something "Ok fine" "Good"

I got Noah out of his car seat and put him in the chest carrier I threw in the bag. I put the bag on my back and Toni took the car seat "Thank you Toni" "It's ok" We walked into the 21st. 
"Katrina Hart, Antonio Dawson and Noah Halstead" "Morning Trudy can you buzz us up please" "Of course Katrina" Trudy had a smile on her face and we walked up to the bullpen. 
"What is going on with Trudy she had a smile on her face the whole time" "Inspection day," Jay said looking at someone standing next to us "Thanks Toni" I walked into the breakroom and Jay followed me "What are you doing here?" "Toni wanted to get back to Sylvie I can go home if you want" "No it's ok all we are doing is paperwork" "I need help getting this thing off" Jay helped me get the bag and chest carrier off. I kissed him "Thank you baby" I sat down and out Noah on my knee "He's coming with me" Jay took Noah through to the bullpen and I followed him out. I leaned against the door frame and watched Jay play with Noah.
"You gonna stop staring at him?" Hailey asked "I'm allowed to stare at him he's my fiance" "You're lucky that's for sure" "I definitely am" Jay turned around and smiled at me so I smiled back. "Halstead get out of here go look after your family" I spoke up before Jay "Hank we're fine here I have a shift tomorrow so being here is nothing" A few hours past and we were on our way home. 
"Hailey said something to me today" "What was that?" You going to stop staring at him today" "What did you say?" "I'm allowed he's my fiance" I smirked "Hm well I love you and you can stare whenever you want" "Oh trust me I will stare when I want to" 

We got back and I got Noah out of the back of the car. I walked into the house and Jay handed me a bottle. I lay Noah's head on my lap and gave him his bottle. Jay sat down next to me "We did good with Noah" I rested my head on Jay's shoulder "We did and I want to ask you something" "What would that be?" "After the wedding, Noah will be one" "Yeah he will be" "Let's have another kid he'll be almost 2 if not two" "Ok I love you" "I love you too" I kissed him and Noah fell asleep. "How's his temperature?" I put the back of my hand on his head "Seems fine" Jay picked Noah up "Order a pizza I'll put him to bed" "Ok" I ordered a pizza then Jay walked down the stairs.
"He's still sleeping" Jay put the baby monitor down on the coffee table "Are we crazy?" "Possibly but I love you Katrina Hart" "I love you too Jay Halstead" I rested my head on his shoulder and he kissed my forehead. "After shift, we should go see Dani, Aurora and Kelly" "Yeah we should probably have gone today but with Noah being ill I don't want to give it to Aurora" "Yeah we don't want that happening" We spent the rest of the night watching tv and hugging each other. We went to bed and I got changed into Jay's CPD hoodie and a pair of shorts. Just as Noah started crying "Tonight is gonna be a long night" I walked to the nursery and picked Noah up. I rocked him gently and gave him a pacifier. "Hey baby boy shhh" "Go to bed you're on shift tomorrow" I handed Noah to Jay and kissed him before walking through to the bedroom. I climbed into bed and fell asleep straight away.