The News

I woke up and Jay still had his arm around my waist. I looked at the time it was 6 am but I couldn't sleep again. I got up and started unpacking Jay's stuff trying to be as quiet as possible Jay woke up and put his hands behind his head "Morning Baby" I smiled at him "I didn't mean to wake you" "It's ok" he smiled at me.

 I walked into the bathroom to be sick as normal I forgot to take the anti-sickness pill when I woke up. Jay walked into the bathroom with the pill and a glass of water "What would I do without you?" He smiled and kissed my forehead I threw up again then sat on the bathroom floor. I smiled at Jay " Only around 3 more weeks of this left" I joked. "I'm going to shower, I have shift soon". When I got out the shower I brushed my teeth and put my hair into french braids.

 I didn't do and makeup then I went to get changed I grabbed Jay's CPD hoodie and put it on with a pair of grey leggings. Jay came up behind me with my bag "Thanks babe" I kissed him "Sandwich and some other food just in case" I smiled at him. I folded my uniform and put them into my bag I opened my handbag and grabbed the scans and put them into my work bag.

 I walked downstairs and grabbed my trainers knowing that Severide was going to question that. "Your bag" Jay handed me it "Why do I keep forgetting things" I started getting frustrated Jay grabbed me "It's ok, don't worry about it" "But what happens if I forget to give someone an epi or forget how much drugs to give them" "You won't and if you do Sylvie is there to help" I kissed him and wiped my eyes. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the vitamins and took some. I grabbed my bag and phone and walked out to the car. I put my bag into the back of Jay's car and got in.

We arrived at 51 and I was nervous I looked at Jay and I could tell he was feeling the same. I grabbed my bag and we walked up to the apparatus floor. "You ready" He looked at me I smiled and nodded "Come along" Jay looked at me " To the locker room" we walked along and I showed him my combination to my locker in case I forgot it one day. "Why are you showing me this?" "In case I forget it" He kissed me and Severide walked in. I threw my bag into my locker and grabbed my uniform out. "You go talk to who you need to" "I'm here-" I shot him a look then looked at Kelly. He walked out and I got changed into my uniform and boots. I opened my locker and grabbed the scans out and put them in my pocket. I walked along to find Jay and he was in the common room. "Hey, babe" "Hey" I walked out and Jay followed.

I knocked on Chief Boden's office he motioned for us to go in. Jay opened the door and waited for me to walk in. "Morning Chief" "Morning, How can I help you two" I put my hand in my pocket "Chief I.. well we have something to tell you" He came out from behind his desk. I looked at Jay "Chief I'm pregnant" A smile grew on his face "Katrina Hart congratulations" "Thanks Chief" he shook Jay's hand "I wanted to tell you before the rest of 51" "You go ahead and tell them" "Thanks Chief" We walked out and Jay kissed me. We walked along to the common room and Sylvie was there "Have you told Chief yet?" "We just did it" she walked into the common room.

We walked into the common room holding hands. "Well what do we owe the pleasure Detective," Otis said sitting down because he wasn't back at work properly yet. Jay didn't say anything I was standing up against the counter in the common room. Severide walked in "This isn't going to go well" I mumbled. "Ok guys listen up" they all turned to face Jay and I Sylvie had a smile on her face because she knew what was coming. "We have something to tell you all" I took a break before saying the next part "Spit it out Hart" Mouch shouted wanting to put the tv back on "Ok well... I'm pregnant" Herrmann stood up "Congratulations Kid" Severide walked out. Everyone else walked up and congratulated us. 

Ambulance 61 Man down gunshot wound 120 East Grand Avenue

I grabbed the scans out my pocket and threw them on the table "Intelligence is taking this one" Jay said looking at his phone. I ran out to the ambo and threw Sylvie the keys I jumped in the passenger side and we took off. "So how does it feel not having to keep it a secret?" "It's alright, Severide didn't seem happy so I'll deal with that later" "When is Severide ever happy about something like that?" "To be honest I don't know". 

We arrived at the gunshot wound victim. "What's your name kid" "Lola, Lola Nicks" "Lola I'm Kat and this is Sylvie" "How old are you Lola" "17". Erin pulled up with her lights on "Erin can you grab the green bag from the ambo" Erin ran to the ambo and ran back with the green bag". I grabbed the gaws and luckily the gunshot was in the upper arm so we could bandage it and get her to med. "Erin, you want to go first?" "Ok, Jay is meeting us at med" I nodded. "Lola can you grab my arm and walk over to the ambo with me" She grabbed my arm and we walked over to the ambo. 

I got into the back and sat down "Can I ride with you's?" Ruzek asked "Jump in" Ruzek got in "Lola this is officer Ruzek and he's going to help find the person who did this to you" "Do you remember what they look like Lola?" Lola didn't say anything "Lola do you know the person who did this to you?" I asked in a gentle voice. She nodded her head. "He said if I spoke to any police he would kill my baby sister. She's 3 weeks old" My heart sunk. "Lola you need to talk about it. Officer Ruzek doesn't do things like normal police, When they get a case they don't stop until they find the person who did it" "Ok I'll talk but only if that woman is there" "Erin?" she nodded her head.

We arrived at med "Kat talk to me and congrats that's great news" "This is Lola Nicks, 17 she was shot in the upper arm, Her stats and heart rate are normal and she was never unconscious and thanks Maggie" "Trauma 3" We wheeled her into Trauma 3 "Can you shuffle over Lola. I'm Dr Halstead, Thanks Kat" I grabbed the gurney and went to fill the paperwork out. "Maggie, How did you know" "Did you think you were going to come into my ED and not tell me why without me finding out" "Good point" I looked at Trauma 3 "Will doesn't know does he" "Not that I know of" "Please don't tell him" I grabbed the gurney and walked out to the ambo. I put the gurney back into the ambo and saw Jay he walked over "Told you it would be fine" He kissed "Jay, Maggie knows but she hasn't told Will" He took a breath "Will is working this case" I jumped into the passenger side of the ambo. 

We got back to 51 and Severide was sitting at the squad table. I walked over and sat down "Guys can you give us a minute?" They all got up and left "Severide I'm sorry I didn't tell you before" "It doesn't matter Hart" "Severide it does" He turned away and I grabbed his face and turned it so he would look at me "Kelly I'm sorry, I should have told you before but with Dani coming back last shift and then you, Dani and Otis getting injured we couldn't find the right time" he looked at me "Hart I don't care but when you get engaged please tell me before the rest of 51" I hugged him and walked into the common room I sat down on the sofa and put my feet on the table to take a quick nap