A Dark Day

I wake up with Jay's arm around my waist. I go to get out of bed but he pulls me closer. "Jay I need aspirin" I moan. He turns over and opens the drawer where he keeps his gun and badge. He pulls out some aspirin and hands them to me. He grabs the glass of water from next to him and holds it for me. I take the aspirin and lie back down. I go to sleep until Jay gets up.  Jay gets up about 8 am because he has work. I sit up in bed and watch him get ready he grabs his badge but before he could grab his gun I grab him and pull him onto the bed. We kiss and then he gets up "I have to go now but I love you and I'm only a phone call away if you need me ok?" ok" He walks down the stairs and shouts "bye". I grab my phone and look at the time but I catch a glance at the date. I get up brush my teeth and put on a pair of ripped jeans and an oversized jumper. I know Molly's opens from 11 on Herrmann's days off so I planned to go there then. Until then I would have a few drinks at home. I grab a beer and open it I sit at the Island and drink my beer while crying. I finished my beer then went to get another one. I stopped myself I knew Herrmann would phone Jay if I went into Molly's drunk. I had a glass of water then looked at the time. It was 11:15 so I decided to walk to Molly's. Jay had the car which was probably for the best.

I got to Molly's and walked in. Herrmann was in the back and Kidd was serving. "You here for me or Herrmann?" " None, can I get a beer please?" "Sure" Kidd grabbed me a beer and went off into the back. I drank my beer and I could feel a tear come down my face. I was with Jay and I knew that but I need Severide today but I'm going to try and be strong. Stella came back through and I asked for another beer she gave me one "What's the occasion?" "I don't want to explain. Ask Kelly he'll know" she nodded her head "I understand" I finished my beer and I was crying. Stella came up behind me and sat down next to me. She patted my back "I'm going to call Jay" she said going through to the back of Molly's. 10 or 15 minutes Jay came into Molly's He sat down next to me and I fell into his arms. "Jay I can't do this again" he grabbed me tighter. I started breathing heavier. " I'll be two minutes" I heard him say to Kidd to phone Severide. Jay came back over and took me into his arms. "Babe how many beers have you had?" "1 at home and 2 here" he kissed my forehead as the door opened. Jay stood up and walked out and Severide sat down. He looked at me then grabbed me and pulled me closer to him like he did on the night my dad died. "Kelly, I can't go another year without him" "Katrina Hart," He said holding me up so he could look at me "You have managed 9 years without him, I'm sure he's looking down on you every other day thinking how strong you are" I start crying again and see Jay walk up to Stella. I fall down into Severides arms and he grabs me. I shut my eyes while crying.

I wake up at home in bed with Jay holding onto me. I look at him and he kisses me. "have a drink of water" he handed me a glass of water. I grabbed at and took a sip of it. "I'm sorry Jay" "There's nothing to be sorry about," he said pulling me closer again. I started to cry and pulled me into his chest.  I relaxed my head into his chest. He kissed my head a few times. I fell asleep again. Jay woke me up with food for him and I in his hands. I sat up and took my plate out of his hand. Jay had made a cheese pizza. I ate the pizza then he took the plate downstairs. He came back up the stairs and put the tv on "what movie do you want to watch?" "how about backdraft it's a good movie but makes me cry" Jay put on backdraft and we watched it. I fell asleep after backdraft. I woke up around 10 pm " Jay Jay Jay" Jay wakes up and grabs me "what is it baby" "the..the dream..." I started crying he grabbed my head and puts my head on his chest. He kissed my forehead. I grabbed the remote for the tv and put on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I still had my head on Jay's chest and he fell asleep while I watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I turned the tv off and went downstairs. I hoped Georgie would be home by now.

I walked into the guest room to see Georgie crying on her bed. I sat on her bed next to her and grabbed her and held her tight. She moved her head onto my chest. I kissed her head and felt a tear roll down my face. She fell asleep while crying and I heard Jay walking down the stairs probably looking for me. I walked out of her bedroom and he hugged me. He put his arm around me and we walked up the stairs. I got changed and went to bed for the night. I got into bed and put my phone on the floor. I pulled the cover up and Jay put his arm around me. I kissed him goodnight and went to sleep.