Fight

I grabbed my turnout jacket and put it on before jumping in truck and starting it. I drove off to the fire.

I grabbed my helmet then jumped out at looked at Casey "Gallo, Otis take the first floor and do a sweep, Dawson, Hart with me on the second floor" I nodded and grabbed my tank and put it on my back. I grabbed my halligan then we walked up to the door and I put my mask on then my hood. I looked at Gabby then put my helmet in and we walked into the house. Gabby had her hand on my shoulder and we walked up to the second floor. 
"Hart, Dawson go left I'll go right" I nodded and went along the corridor. I opened one of the doors "Chicago Fire department call out" I shouted through my mask "Over here" "Where are you?" I saw a hand for less than 30 seconds "Gabby I got someone" I dropped my halligan then Gabby came in and helped me lift the body "Let's go" I nodded and we walked down the stairs. My tank started beeping but I knew I would be out in time. Before we got to the bottom step my tank died and I was soon breathing in the smoke.
We soon got to the front door "Foster Brett" Gabby and I walked over to the ambo and put the limp body on the gurney. I took my helmet off then my hood and mask then I had a coughing fit. "Hart" I turned around and Cruz threw me a bottle of water. "Thanks" I rinsed my mouth then took a drink of it. Brett shook her head I sighed and walked to the front of truck. I sat down "That kid couldn't have been more than 16" I muttered to myself. I put my hands in my head and took a breath. When I looked up Casey was standing in front of me. "Sorry Captain" "Don't worry about it Dawson told me" I nodded "You wanna do overhaul or not?" "I'll come in"
I walked into the house and took a deep breath and walked up to the second floor. We looked through the rooms. I grabbed my halligan before going into the last room. "I'm all clear" I walked out the house and over to truck. I took my tank off and put it away then jumped in truck and put my helmet on the dashboard. "Let's get back to 51" I nodded and drove back to 51.

I reversed truck into the firehouse and jumped out. I took my bunker gear off and walked into the locker room. I looked at Gabby "We should go before the boys get in" she nodded and I grabbed my shower bag and walked into the bathroom.
"I locked the door I know what they are like" I chuckled then jumped in the shower. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my soaking body and walked up to the sink. I splashed my face with cold water then got changed into my uniform. I put my hair into a low ponytail then waited on Gabby. "Thanks for telling Casey" "It's ok I get it" I gave a weak smile then grabbed my shower bag and we walked to the locker room. I put my bag in my locker then walked through to the common room.
"Cruz have you finished checks?" he shook his head "I'm gonna finish trucks now" "I'll finish squads" I nodded and walked out to truck and started doing the checks on it. I finished the checks then looked at Cruz "You ok?" "Yeah I'm getting there" I nodded "I understand that" I walked into the common room as Sylvie walked in and sat down next to me.
"What?" "Your niece was just born and you smiled for 30 seconds then went back into work mode" I looked down at my engagement ring "And you haven't looked at your ring like that since you got injured" "It's nothing" I took my phone out and looked at a picture of Noah "You can talk to me you know" I nodded "I know" I walked up and made myself a cup of coffee. I sat down and drank my coffee. 

"Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Engine 51 Car pileup West 18th Street" 

I sighed "Great my first pileup since the accident" I ran out to truck and pulled on my turnout gear and jumped in truck. I pulled out at the same time as Engine and rushed to West 18th Street.

I looked at Casey before jumping out "We both know only Gabby or I could get under there and manage to save his leg" "I'm not sending any of you under" "You wouldn't say that if I didn't have Noah and you and Gabby weren't together" "I wouldn't and that's my reason" "I'm going I've done it before" "Ha-" "No arguing" I grabbed my helmet and jumped out.
I nodded to Cruz "Get me some gauze and get ready" I crouched down and slid under the car. I grabbed my flashlight out of my pocket and put it in my mouth and faced the woman's leg. "Hart I have gauze I'm to your right" I put my hand out and felt someone put gauze in it "I opened them" "Thanks Cruz" I started putting gauze on her wound. "Cruz get me a bandage so I can keep these gauze on while we get him out of here" I put my right hand out and Cruz put an open bandage in my hand. I wrapped the bandage around her leg "Do you have the airbags ready" "Yeah we do" "Ok let's go" "Ok squad up on red" "Slowly" I shouted because I could see the leg was caught. "Tell us when to stop" I grabbed my radio "Stop stop" I cut the material of her trouser leg "Ok go" they finish filling up the red airbags. "Guy's we should be able to get her out now" I slid out and helped squad move the woman onto the backboard. "Slowly to the ambo" I nodded and we grabbed the backboard and moved her to the ambo. I closed the door and tapped the back and they drove off. "81 let's get going" I nodded and ran over to truck. I jumped in and put my hat on the dashboard "Where to Captain?" "21st something was off about this" I nodded and drove to the 21st

I looked at Casey "Hart come with me you were under that car" I nodded and jumped out and walked into the 21st. I was in full turnout so I knew Trudy was going to say something. "Katrina Hart in full turnout gear" I smiled and walked up to the front desk and Trudy came around and hugged me. "Is Jay back?" "They are all back I'll buzz you up" "Thanks Trudy I smiled and turned to Casey and we walked up the stairs. Everyone turned to look at us then Jay got up and walked over.
"What's wrong?" "Nothing with me" I smiled "So what can we do for you captain, hart" I nodded and looked at Casey "We just attended a car pileup and something was off about it" I nodded "The car that had the woman trapped under the engine was cold" Jay looked at me "You know this how?" I looked at the ceiling then the floor "I was under it" "You were what?" "I ran into a burning building" "Ok" "What's the difference, Jay?" I turned around and looked at the stairs. I turned back around and looked at Jay "The car could have collapsed" "Yeah because a car that is fully on the road is definitely going to collapse" I sighed "We can talk about this after shift" I looked at Casey "Ok we just wanted to ask if you would take it" "We can look into it" I nodded then looked at Erin who was looking towards the breakroom. I looked at Casey "Can you give me 5?" "I'll wait in truck" I threw him the keys "Don't you need these?" "Not just now" I turned around and walked to Erin in the breakroom. 
"Well that was fun for the rest of us" I nodded "That would have been fun for Casey" I chuckled "Anyway what's up" "Mouse said you said you would speak to me about something" I looked around "What's the chance of him getting his job back?" "High Ruzek is the worst at computers and the fact he has worked here before means that Voight will trust him" I nodded "I'll tell him when I get back to the firehouse" "Ok see you" "See you" I hugged her then nodded to Jay and jogged down the stairs. I waved to Trudy then walked out to truck and jumped in "You will need these" I caught the keys Casey threw at me. I started truck and drove back to 51.

I jumped out of truck and took my turnout gear. "Ridder made dinner it's in the fridge" we all walked over and took out our food and started eating it. I finished my food then went and sat down at squad table "Ignore the fact I'm here I just want quiet" I closed my eyes and sat there for a minute. I got up and walked through to the locker room. I opened my locker and looked at the picture of Noah and Jay on my locker. "Hart you have visitors" I closed my locker and walked through to the common room. Casey pointed outside and I walked to the apparatus floor. I couldn't believe who was in front of me. I saw the police behind as well "What do you want?" "Well I was bored and I hadn't seen you in a while" "How the hell did you get them to bring you here?" "Easy" I looked at the police behind her "Get her out of here and don't let her back here ever again" they nodded "Do you understand me?" "Yes, Ma'am" "Good now get her out of my sight" I walked into the common room and everyone looked at me "Georgie" I walked to the locker room and sat down on the bench. I punched the locker a couple of times then walked back to the common room. "Sylvie I'm taking an ice pack from the ambo" "Why" "No reason" I walked out to the ambo and took out an ice pack and walked through to the bunk room. I put the ice pack on my hand and lay on my bed. I closed my eyes and thought about my fight with Jay.