Though Day

The next morning I woke up about 7 am and turned over to see Jay still sleeping his arm was still around me. I slowly got out of bed and went to make coffee and breakfast for him. I put the water on and put the coffee and milk in the cup. I took the pancake mix out the cupboard and started making pancakes. When the water was ready I put it in the mugs and put the pancake I had just made on a plate. I started to make another Pancake when I felt arms around me. It was Jay, I took the pan off the heat and turned around in his arms. We kissed a couple of time before I said " I made pancakes for you" " I can see that" he said sarcastically. "I'm Going to shower and get ready for work," I said kissing him once more. I ran up the stairs and had a shower when I got out the shower I brushed my teeth and blow-dried my hair. I put my hair up in a high ponytail before going into my bedroom. Jay was sitting in a pair of grey joggers on my bed. He smiled as he saw me walk out in only a towel. " Keep it in your pants Detective," I said laughing while opening my wardrobe " don't worry I will for now," he said. I grabbed a long sleeve black top and a pair of black jeans. I started getting dressed and heard Jay saying " Let me drive you to work and pick you up tomorrow" " I won't complain," I said trying to get my make up bag open. I ran downstairs and grabbed my work bag before running upstairs to put and extra uniform in just incase. I walked downstairs with Jay behind me. I grabbed my black boots and put them on. I picked up my keys and my phone before putting my boots on. I waited for Jay and we went out to the car.

We arrived at 51 and Jay had to speak to Chief Boden so he walked in with me. I kissed him goodbye before walking to the locker room. Sylvie came up behind me I could tell by her footsteps. " What was that," she said staring at me " What," I said confused. "It's your third day here and your second shift and you already have Jay Halstead," she said walking off in front. I got changed and headed out to the common room and grabbing an apple before doing the checks on the ambulance. I see Jay walking out and I go up to him " Don't forget to pick me up tomorrow" I said while he stopped in his tracks. " I won't don't worry I've got to get to work, now," He said I go to kiss him just as the bells go 

Squad 3, Ambulance 61 Child In water Henry C. Palmisano Nature Park

I quickly kiss Jay and run to the ambulance. I run to the ambo and jump in the driver's side and wait for squad to leave. Squad leave and I hit the lights and sirens before driving out of 51. On the drive there Brett says " so come on how did you get Jay Halstead" I just laugh and don't say anything as we just arrived at the scene. The mum comes up to me " HE'S AUTISTIC" she screamed to Kelly who was diving into the water. " Ma'am come with me," I say trying to get her to calm down. " I threw him in I shouldn't have he was just being annoying and I overreacted." She said to me as Capp shouted " get the backboard over here" I saw Tony running with the backboard squad keep in the back of squad. Sylvie runs over and puts a c-collar on the little boy. I quickly check his Vitals and say "let's get moving". Squad lifts the backboard to the ambo Sylvie jumps in the back and I run to the front of the ambulance and hit the lights and sirens.

We arrive at med " Talk to me Brett" Maggie shouts paging Dr Manning " Trama 2" Maggie says going to grab gloves. Sylvie brings them up to date then goes out to clean the ambo while I fill in the paperwork. Natalie comes out of trama 2 " Hows he doing" I ask concerned " He's doing a lot better if you's were any latter he would be dead" she said thankful " I'm going to phone intelligence about this one" I say " Why he's fine he fell in didn't he" " No the mum admitted to throwing him in because she got annoyed and couldn't handle him anymore" " That's a good idea Kat" "I've got to get going but let me know if anything changes" I go to stalk up the ambo and phone Erin at the same time. " Hey, Erin" " Hey what's up" " We just responded to a case where a kid was in the water and the mum admitted to throwing him in" "that's terrible" " I was hoping Intelligence would look into it" " we will I'll fill Hank in" " Thanks Erin" No problem Kat" I walk out to the ambo and we drive back to 51 in silence.

We get back to 51 and I go over to squad table " Severide can I talk to you" I say " What's up" he says walking into the conference room" " That case we just responded to" "yeah what about it" " The mum ad..admitted to throwing her son in the water" " that's not right" " I phoned Erin and intelligence is taking the case" " Thanks for telling me" I walk out onto the apparatus floor and see Jay walk-in. " I'm guessing you're here for that case," I say sadly walking up to him " Sadly," He says hugging me " well it's nice seeing you," I say kissing him. " You too" "See you later," I say kissing him before he walks away. Erin walked over behind him " What's going on between you too" she said curiously " Nothing" " well be careful with him on the outside he's mean but the inside he's a teddy bear" she said starting to laugh " I'll tell him that" I say laughing " See you shortly" she said walking away to catch up with her partner. 

The rest of the shift went fast and before we knew it the shift was over. I walked into the locker room to get changed. I got changed and headed out to see if Jay remembered and he did. I walked down to his car and got in. " Hey beautiful," He said kissing me " Hey handsome," I said throwing my bag into the back of his car. " Where do you want to go for breakfast?" " Somewhere nice" " let me surprise you then," he said starting the car. We had breakfast and headed to my house so I could get changed

When we arrived at my house I let Jay in and we sat on the sofa. I took my boots off before curling up into a ball and putting my head on Jay's chest. " You ok?" " yeah just a tough day" he kissed my head " How many people had bets on us," He said looking at me " had bets on us?" I said confused. "Well when someone new joins 51 and 21 put bets on that person getting with someone for girls it's normally me or Severide but Severide and Kidd are a thing so it was me this time" " I don't know I didn't even know that was a thing" There was a knock at the door " I'll get it," Jay says standing up to get the door " Hey Kelly" I hear him say " Hey, is Kat here?" " Yeah come in" Severide walked in " I need your help, Kat," He said sounding nervous " What can I do," I say quite scared " I'm going to propose to Stella," He says I jump up and hug him " that's great," I said excited "I need you and Jay to help me through" I look to Jay and he nods " What can we do?" I want both of you to be there when I ask her so it seems like a double date. I look at Jay " I'm in " He says standing up to shake Kelly's hand " I'll do it" I say still excited " I choose both of you because apart from Casey Jay your my best mate and Hart your one of Stella's girlfriend" " We're in" Ok how does tomorrow at 7 sound to yous" " I'm fine" Jay and I say at the same time. " Thanks, guys," He says walking out.

By this point, it was 7 pm. " I don't feel like going to Molly's," I say to him yawning "Let's just go to bed then," He said picking me up and carrying me up the stairs. I go into the bathroom take my hair down and brush my teeth then Jay comes in and starts brushing his teeth. I wash my face and go to get changed. I get changed and wait for Jay. Jay comes out and gets into bed. I put my head on his chest and he kisses me before putting his arm around me.