The Nursery

I woke up to Coco jumping on the bed. I turned over and Jay was standing looking at me from the doorway. I smiled at Jay and he smiled back at me. "What are we doing today" "What do you want to do today?" "The paint and mural along with the furniture for the nursery are coming today" "Let's get help and do that" "Ok can you phone some people" "Who?" "Casey, Severide, Dani?" "Sounds good but Dawson is in town so she might come along" "Meh that's fine I can get to know her" I sat up and looked at him as he took his phone out of his pocket to phone Casey and Severide.
While he was doing that I went into the bathroom and had to pee. After I had been to the toilet I brushed my teeth and went into the shower. After I got out I left my hair down for it to dry by itself.
I walked out and picked out a white top with a pair of black jeans. Jay walked into the bedroom and looked at me. "So Matt, Gabby, Kelly and Dani are coming to help out they will be here in half an hour" "Ok you need to get dressed then" I kissed him and walked downstairs.
I sat on the sofa and looked at my phone but there was a knock on the door "I will get it" Jay shouted running downstairs to get the door "I have a delivery for Katrina Hart" "I will take it" "I need a signature from Katrina Hart herself" I stood up and walked over to the door "I am Katrina Hart" "Can you sign here please" I signed the paperwork and Jay went out to bring in the delivery. Then Matt and Gabby arrived.

"Hey Kat" "Hey Casey" "So why do you need our help?" "We ordered stuff for the nursery and I want to get it done before the nesting starts" Casey starts laughing "I feel, you Katrina". Jay walks in and kisses me "We need to move the stuff from in the bedroom that is going to be the nursery" "Where do you want it?" "Just outside then we can get someone to move it"
There was a knock on the door so I went to answer it "Hi guys" I hugged Dani and Kelly as they walked in. I showed them to the room that is going to be the nursery. "So we want to move all this stuff outside then paint it and wallpaper it" "What colour and wallpaper did you get" "We got a powder blue paint and a cute animal mural wallpaper" "Wheres Jay?" "He is with Casey and Dawson" They both nodded their heads and grabbed some paintings to carry downstairs. I grabbed a painting and walked downstairs with it. "Kat what the hell are you doing" "Carrying a painting" Jay walked over to me and took the painting out of my hands "Jay it's not like I'm lifting a bed by myself" Dani walked over "Jay she is right you can't keep her in bubble wrap the whole time she's pregnant" "I need to pee" I walked away to the bathroom and shut the door. After I was done in the bathroom I walked out and Josh was sitting there 

"I forgot you were staying did we wake you?" "I was already awake so it's fine where can I help?" "Ask Jay I am not allowed to do anything" "Ok". I sat down on the sofa while everyone started moving stuff. Dani came over and sat next to me "Hey" "Hey" "You know he is just trying to protect you" "I know but it's frustrating I have never been the person to sit around and do nothing" "I know what you mean" "How about we get everyone's orders then go to McDonald's" "Why not I will get their orders while you finish getting ready" I grab my white canvas and put them on. I walk upstairs and grab a red and black flannel shirt and tie it around my waist.
I walked to the room across and over to Jay "I will see you soon" I kissed him and walked downstairs over to Dani "Dani you can drive" "Ok Kelly won't let me drive his car though" I walked back inside and took out the car keys and handed them to Dani "We shall take my car then" I got in the passenger seat. Dani started driving to McDonald's "Dani let's go to Macy's I want to buy some new outfits for myself" She looked at me "I am up for that" She headed to Macy's.

We got to Macy's and I got out of the car. We started walking in "Why does Jay want me in bubble wrap?" "He likes to protect the people he can because he can't protect the dead people on the cases they work" I looked down "That makes sense" We got into Macy's and started walking around I picked out a couple of outfits but we had to stand in the queue for ages. "So when your due date?" "The due date is the 18th of December" "When do you want the little man to be born" "I hope near Christmas but not Christmas day because I want to be at home for Christmas". We paid for our things and walked out to the car "Just as well McDonald's is next door" I got into the car because we were going through the driveway. We ordered everyone's food and drove back to the house.

I grabbed the food out of the back and walked into the house "What about" "Shh Jay can't know" She laughed "Good luck hiding that". I carried the food upstairs "I come bearing food and Dani comes bearing drinks" They all turn around "What took you two so long" "Kelly shut up before I say something I should not say" He walked over to Dani and kissed her "There is a spare bedroom up the stairs and to the left" Jay looked at me "What there is" He walked over and kissed me "And your bedroom is across the hall" "This is our house" I grabbed the chicken nuggets I had got myself and started eating them. "It's looking really good in here" I smiled as I looked at the animal wallpaper hanging up "Thank you guys so much". 
I walked downstairs to let them finish painting and building stuff. I sat on the sofa and felt myself falling asleep.
I woke up to Jay kissing me. "Babe come see the nursery" I sat up and Jay helped me up of the sofa. I walked upstairs and everyone was standing in the nursery. I walked in and started crying I turned around to Jay who grabbed me and hugged me "Stop crying before you make the rest of us cry" he quickly said before kissing me. I wiped my eyes before walking up to each of them and hugging them. "Thank you guys so much you do not know how much this means to me" "Guys go home get changed and we will meet you at Molly's and drinks will be on us" I smiled and turned to Jay as everyone walked out. I started crying again "I wish my dad and mom were here to see this" "Hey it's ok they will be proud of you no matter what" "I thought about something today" "What?" "What about Dani and Kelly being the little man's godparents" He kissed me "I love that idea" "Yeah?" "Yeah" "Go get changed so we can get to Molly's.
Jay got changed as I went downstairs "Kara would be proud" "Yeah she would" "I'm going to meet someone so I will see you soon" "Who" "Someone" "It's Lindsay isn't it" He nodded his head "Josh watch what you are doing with her I don't want to see her broken". I sat on the sofa and waited on Jay. Jay finally walked downstairs. "I found this" He held up my engagement ring "Why don't you wear it" "Because I will lose it" I put my left hand out and he slid the ring on my ring finger "Let's go" "What about Josh?" "He has a date with that partner of yours" "Erin?" I nodded as I walked out to the car.

We got to Molly's and walked in. Severide, Dani, Casey and Dawson were all sitting at a table so we walked over. "Hey Jay, Kat" "Hey guys" "What do you want?" "Some of that wine Herrmann gives me" "What stuff is that" "Just ask him for Kat's wine" he laughed and walked off to the bar. "So what plans do you have for the wedding?" "Well I know who I want as my maid of honour and bridesmaids but Jay has no idea about a best man and that's as far as we have talked" Jay walked back over and handed me a glass of non-alcoholic wine. "Thanks, Babe" I kissed him. "Wheres Josh?" Severide asked looking around for him "On a date with someone's partner" I looked at Jay "Erin?" I nodded. We had a couple of drinks and we spoke about what had been happening at the firehouse. "We better get going before I fall asleep here" I laughed. Jay stood up as Will and Nat walked over "Hey you two" "Kat have you got a moment?" "Yeah sure," I kissed Jay and followed Nat outside.
"So I need a bridesmaid and a maid of honour" I looked at her "I was wondering if you would be my maid of honour the wedding is not till next year so you won't have to worry about your bump" I smiled "Of course I would be" I hugged her just as the little man kicked "Oh he is going to be a footballer" "Don't I know it" I laughed "If you want other people as your bridesmaids and maids of honours for your weddings don't worry about it" "Nat to tell you the truth I haven't thought past a couple of bridesmaids" Jay walked out with Will. "I will see you later" I walked over to the car. "What was that about?" "Oh nothing" I smiled as I got into the car.

I walked into the house and heard noises and Coco was jumping about. I looked at Jay "Josh and Erin" I laughed and walked up the stairs. I walked into my bedroom and took off my clothes and got changed into a pair of shorts and Jay's CPD hoodie. I brushed my teeth then got into bed. Jay came up and got ready for bed. He got into bed and I kissed him. I put my head onto his chest and fell asleep with his arm around me.