The loss

Please do vote and comment 💕

Enjoy.
.
.
.
.
.
Eloise :

Our lips had barely molded when I hurt a sharp ache in my heart and suddenly I felt as if I lost a connection.

I jerked away from my mate,  eyes widen and breath hitched.  My heart stopped with pain my pack was feeling but something about it made me feeling 100x pain with the lost. Suddenly my mate holds his hands cupping my face smoothly,  he's touch bringing me back from the trance.

" Breath,  baby,  breath.  Then tell me what happened? Did I do something wrong?  Was this too fast for you? "

I shake my head.

" Something......some things not right. I felt a connection lost. Something happened to someone -" before my words could have completed I heard the loudest scream from my sister I've ever heard.

" Ileana " I jumped up from the hospital bed,  not minding the drips and stuff snatching them away with me as I rushed to see what happened.

As I practically skipped the stairs to reach below my mate hot on my trail. I see the crowd gather around something.

My pace got slower.  I pushed passed people to see what exactly happened!!!

They started to move on their own,  pity filled eyes stare back at me.  Waiting to see me break down.  But why would I?

I hear the loud and so subtle sobs of my sister. I hear cars screeching out. Footsteps approaching us in urgent manner.  I smelled the familiar smell of my family. But what I saw when I reached the end of crowd made me stumble back.

There she was. Ileana hugging her lifeless body.  My eyes moved up to see, the ladder. And then down on floor. Before it went back to Ileana. Her sobs were uncomfortable. My parents came and stood behind me,  my brothers holding my sister to their chests as she cries.

I once again look at the women,  the old fifty years old hag or so I used to call her. Her face was turned to me,  her soulless eyes staring right through mine. I stumbled now. The impact of situation finally hitting me. I felt the loss. I felt the loss of a motherly love. I felt the loss of her smiles,  her caressing hands,  her adored eyes and all most I longed her. I fall on my knees.

All eyes were on me immediately. I had the closest relationship with her,  she was there with me when my parents were busy training their children or with pack business.

She was my mother to me. A tear rolls down as I remember the first few days when she was appointed to take care of me.

I had used all tricks up my sleeves to make her run away like other caretakers but she stood through them all and soon I found it impossible to live without her. She knew everything my mother didn't knew.

She was there to make me move past my first heartbreak,  holding me close,  soothing me. When it should have been my mother.

I stare at her,  tears rolled freely but no voice came.  I couldn't muster up to let a voice leave me.

A hand comes over my shoulder. Sparks erupted and I knew it's him. He sits down,  crouching down beside me, holding my head and bringing it to his shoulder. His arms  went around me cocooning me to the warmth and that's all my mind needed before I broked down.

I let out the loudest cry.  My wolf howled in pain,  with the loss of the mother who guided her through her shift for first time.

She howled loudest , everyone stepped back in fear except my family and the guy holding me firmly. 

I kept sobbing and sobbing and sobbing , I could hear few whispers but I couldn't focus on their words my mind was distraught.

Suddenly four man came dressed in white,  from the hospital and started to touch her. A snarl ripped from me. My wolf was in control and all she saw was red. I snarled once again and the men's stepped back.

" Shssh baby,  let them take her.  She needs the respected funeral. Let them take her baby.  Please. " I was astonished. I knew deep down my mate was right but my wolf wasn't having it.

I wasn't ready to let her go yet.

I backed away from my mate,  I could see my nails enlongnates and my furs showing.

" NO. NO ONE WILL TOUCH HER.  ILL RIP YOU IN PEICES IF ANYONE. I MEAN ANYONE LAYS A HAND ON HER. STEP FUCKING BACK YOU IMBECILES. "

They could feel the power radiating. Everyone was away from her. Rose. Rose Gonzales. She spent her years after loosing her mate with me. She was just 25 when she started to take care of me, just 25 and now I was 20 . My deep thoughts were interrupted when a needle pierced my skin.

I turn to see my dear cousin, holding a needle. I wanted to hit him so hard but soon I lost control over my body. My eyes felt dizzy. I was soon welcoming the blackness. Last thing I saw was Rose's, lifeless eyes staring back at me.  I whimpered softly before closing my eyes.

...............€€€€€..................

Waking up the next day was never a curse until I felt the weight on my shoulders.  I lost the mother figure from my life, within a span.

She was so excited to meet my mate far more than me. She had planned so much for my kids and their future already appointing herself as their caretaker. I used to laugh at her antics. She has gone to meet her nephew and had just returned the morning of her death. I didn't got to say goodbye to her.

I was in grief once I opened my eyes,  everyone stayed clear of my way. Keeping their distance they knew I'm a ticking bomb right now and one wrong word could blast me.

Today was her funeral,  I didn't wanted her body to rot or decompose before her burial hence I asked for it to happen the very next day.

Everyone was already on the place and I was getting ready. I know the drill is black and all but I was wearing my maroon dress,  she handpicked for me. She used to say maroon suits on me. She loved this dress especially.

Walking down the path I see them all stood in black. My mother,  my father's and my siblings along with everyone else, whole pack was here.

I walked further and stood infront of her coffin. Her coffin was already closed,  I figured my parents knew I'd break down If I saw her face again. The ceremony started and soon I saw the woman who raised me up as her own being buried seven feet down.

Soon I heard the familiar song of twilight,  the one . Me and rose used to dance and sing on top of our lungs. She had dedicated this song to me.  She said she'd love me for a thousand years.

But now I didn't even had another year with her. I watched her funeral take place.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Thank you
Kaajal.