Shield

Please do vote and comment 💫

Enjoy 💞

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Eloise :

The hallways  seemed endless and if I had to go through the same route again I'd get confused and lost. Huh!  Even I belong to a royal family but this place is like a maze.

" This place was build in the 14 century by my ancestors. They build it when the fights were taking place in order to protect the future of vampires. Hence it's a mess of maze.  We came here because The king asked  us to come until his sick! " he says.

" Oh right okay? " I was totally uncomfortable and weird with him. I can't just act as if I don't know him and that's excatly what I've to do.  It's so hard.

" Your mate loves you. "

" Huh,  what? " I stood dumbfounded.

" He loves you. Anyone with eyes can see it. "

" well he is supposed to love me! " I shrugged and walked further.

" Not the mate kind,  he really loves you as in as a person. "

I didn't answer. I don't if it's true or not. This question was the biggest flex of my life. I hated fate for doing this to me. I hated mate bonds because this was all fixed from the start and I can't do anything. I hated everything single fated thing with the core of fibers in my body.

" We're here. " I nod at him.

Soon the vast doors are open. The place is filled with guards,  there has to be Atleast 50 of them in the huge room. In the centre was a women who seemed to be making medicine and a man who laid almost dead in bed. His body was pale green and his face was Darkblue. His eyes however were open.

" King James. " Alex bows his head and I thought I should do the same.

" Hello,  I'm Eloise.  Nice to meet you. " everyone looks at me,  even the guards and I see Alex trying to hide a smile. Did I do it wrong. I bowed, right so?

" ELOISE Winget , the future Queen of werewolves. I pay you my respect, my apologies for not greeting you properly. "

Did he say queen?  Must've been mistaken.

" Oh what are you saying. You're sick. It's completely all right. How are you by the way?" I wave my hand in dismissal .

The king waves his hand and soon the room gets empty. Except for Alex and me.

" I knew this was about to happen! "

He did ?

" I told your mother about it in a letter. "

" My mother? "

" Yes,  but the queen was knee on protecting you first  . I told her the longer she procrastinate,  the harder it'll get but she wasn't ready to let you go. "  I don't know , should I be happy that she cared or sad that she didn't trusted me.

" The stone. I know where it is. It's safe. It'll reach you when you'll get the bloods. It'll it show itself to you and no one else so take care of yourself. If you die before finding the stone all of it goes in vain. " I could just nod at him.

He looked uncomfortable from my view because of the pillow so I thought of adjusting it for him but as soon I did,  arrows came rushing towards me,  one scrapping my skin briefly.

Alex holds me firmly and acts as a shield to protect me from those arrows.

I look up at him,  the arrows kept piercing his skin until it stopped.

" Alex,  Alex. Oh goddess. " the guards and medic comes in.

" He'll be fine,  Princess. He'll be up in few seconds don't worry. "

" Father,  father! Father . Are you okay? " the prince came in looking frantic. Oh it's kept to keep the king protected.

" I'm,  my son. Please give Medical Service to the princess. She has hurt herself with the first poison ones."

I couldn't focus on him , my gaze and worries were on Alex. Please wake up. Please.

I was loosing my concussion. The black spots started to cloud my gaze but I blinked them away.

Soon Alex opens his eyes. A smile stretchs up on my face.

" ELOISE?!''

" You're safe? " and then I go blank.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Thank you.

Kaajal.