Confrontation

Please do vote and comment 💮
Enjoy

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Eloise :

I looked at the boy, he was far too young to be going through this but he kept his calmness. That explains why his scales are showing, his using his blood poison to keep his dad alive, hence his skin can't be normal.

I felt my heart clench for him. The thought of losing Rose went over my head again.

Closing my eyes I took deep breaths and said, " I've the way to stop people from dying, all you've to do is support us. "

The people around started to immediately speak about it. Whereas the young prince was look somewhat escastic.

" You mean to say that you can save my father, My lady! " his formal speech made me feel weird but the basilisks are known for their rich ancient culture .

" I believe so, Your majesty! "

" How? " Bronx was the one to ask this. He's the royal guard for the Vampire royaltys as well as the official at the court.

" I was the choosen one, Officer Bronx! " the sharp intake of breath came from my beside made me stumble. I had yet not told Austin about me being the choosen one.

Alex and rest looked shocked as well. Whereas Froze has a guilt look on her face which resembled to pity.

" You mean to say that -"

" We can have this conversation later. The remedy is simple. All the creatures who are to answer to the Moon Goddess or are held by her are to come together in order to maintain peace and justice amongst themselves and the kings blood and power will make the stone content. "

Everyone seemed too interested in each words of mine.

" We might just have about 2 weeks before people start dying. We need to find the Witches and shadows as well as the nightmares now in order to stabilize the situation. "

" What about the dryads? " another official says.

And I pondered over what should I say. Things would've been easy if Alex could just remember me but now things are too engaged and I can't tell them the truth just yet.

" Well, they're pretty easy going creatures we can go to them at last. "

" I can summon the witch Queen. And maybe she might've a idea about the other two! " Alex exclaims.

" That'd be great. So now can you release my family?"

"That'd be done now itself. I'm sorry for treating you people that way. You can stay here till the queen comes here. " Alex says and I'm the first one to leave the court room. These walls are suffocating enough.

A hand grabs mine and makes me follow it's lead. We are soon standing in balcony and below us is the mermaids pond. My mind drifts to the kiss.  A mermaid can erase memories with their kiss. Any specific memories or all together. It's a defense mechanism in their body and sort of power and I'm sure Alex used it to forget about me and here I'm still trying to recover from the pain he gave me.

" When Were you gonna tell me, Eloise! " his voice was raised,  not that I blame him. I'd have been shouting as well if he were the one choosen for some suicide mission. Because the truth is only known by the werewolf clan,  none of the choosen ones have survived. They either die on the way or after loosing someone close to them. No one has made it alive.

" Would you have supported me,  Austin? " it was a rhetorical question,  we both knew the answer but still to make him understand why I didn't I need to tell him.

" not one but thousands of life,  hell even millions of life's are at stake. I can't be selfish enough to protect myself when they die there. I need to try. "

He looks defeated. He knows even if I stop trying now. I'd die eventually in last. There's no way stopping the inevitable. He cups my cheeks and the electric feelings comes again,  is it ever gonna stop?

" I've no one except for you,  Eloise. It's just you and the responsibility of my pack which is now keeping me alive. I can't loose you. " the vulnerability in his voice made me feel like such a bitch.

He lost his parents because of vampires yet here he is suffering because Ive responsibilities and he is sharing them so that I'd not feel burden .

" It's okay,  nothing would happen to me Austin,  as long as you here with me. I'd be okay and so will be everyone else. We'll make sure of it. " saying I leaned in for the much awaited kiss. His lips were now starting to get a bit addictive.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thank you
Kaajal