CHAPTER 1 - The King

"Daddy, King Lucian just proposed to me!" I announced thrillingly. King Lucian is my mi amor, my mate! He rules Eradian kingdom. I remembered the first time we met! I was swimming to the shore where I saw him sitting on the sand enjoying the cool breeze. He was charming with eyes mesmerizing the blue ocean. I felt a sudden heat that spreads through my whole body, yearning for his touch. I knew what it meant; he is my mate. 

The feelings were too strong that I end up swimming towards him. I hid behind a large rock admiring his attractiveness. Our eyes met; he stood up approaching me. I wanted to greet him, but I realized that I can't! I am a mermaid whereas he is a human. Who knows what will happen next? So, I chickened out and swam away. I decided to visit him again the next day; I brought a short white lace dress to wear at the shore. I have been to the village quite often. They are very friendly; very generous too.

I went to the village for a stroll; hoping to see him again. Fate brought us together; we accidentally bumped against each other. I lost my grip and fell, but he came to my rescue. He wrapped his arms around me, we were inches apart. I felt an electrifying sensation raced through my body, building in intensity to my core. "Greetings, my lady!" he greeted with that husky voice. "Thank you, sir!" I blushed. 

"Address the king properly, dear miss!" the guard warned. He growled and waved off the guard. "Pardon him for his rudeness, my lady!" those enthralling blue eyes uttered. "Forgive me for my clumsiness, your majesty!" as I recompose my balance. "What is your name, my lady?" he questioned. "Rose!" I blushed. "The name fits you very well!" he smiled. "Mine is Lucian!" he continued. We talked as we strolled in the village. "Why did you disappear yesterday?" he questioned. "I...I..."I stuttered. "It's alright! Don't be anxious!" he reassured.

He never knew about my origin until that dawn; I was swimming to the nearby cove as usual to transform. "You are a mermaid!" he startled me. I was about to escape from him, but "Wait! Please wait!" he pleaded. I halted; "Don't go! I have fallen for you, Rose!" he confessed. "But I am not human! I have a tail! I need to return to the sea every full moon!" I argued. "Please do not leave me, my love! I love you!" he leaped into the sea; swimming towards me. 

I was overwhelmed by his actions. "Please! I beg of you; I fell for you the moment we met at the beach! I couldn't imagine a day without you!" he pleaded. I was flattered by his words. I swam nearer to him; he grabbed my waist pulling me to him. Our eyes met; heat rose from my stomach as Lucian's lips were closing in. His lips were soft, warm; sweet; I wanted more. He sucked my lips softly, begging for entrance and I gave in. His tongue exploring; he held me tightly. His scent was earthy, hypnotizing. We finally break free for air. 

This morning, we were in the cove being comfy with each other. We had been together for two years. He mustered his courage and went on one knee. "My love, I love you with all my heart! I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to build a family with you. I love everything about you! There's not one day I stop thinking about you. Will you be my queen, my wife ?" He confessed his love as he took out a diamond heart ring . I said YES! I told him that I still need my parents' blessings. He too wanted to meet my parents for permission. My parents were surprised by my announcement. "My little Rose are you sure with your decision?" my dad, King Perseus asked. "Yes, daddy! I am sure of my decision. I finally found my mate after waiting for 200 years. We are asking for your blessings!" I pleaded. 

My dad reluctantly agreed with my decision as he massaged his temples. "Be careful my child. We are not familiar with those humans." He advised. Queen Athena smiled as she caressed my light brunette wavy hair gently. "Remember my dear daughter, you may be the king's wife, but you are still the sole heir of Poseitheas. One day, you will need to return to Poseitheas. Never disclosed your origin to others! You might cause chaos!" dad continued. I nodded, paying attention to every single detail. "Will you come to my matrimony? Lucian wants to meet both of you!" I asked. My parents approved and embraced me tightly.