CHAPTER 6 - He is Dead

We have been married for 6 months and Lucian was being self- contained recently; he tends to leave me by myself at night. Returning in the wee hours. Whenever I questioned him, he will reply; "The kingdom needed an urgent business!". I tried to question more but he would try to switch the subject or make love with me, avoiding the question. I obliged to his desire as I could not scent any other aroma in him except mine. He was not cheating on me. I have asked his right- hand man and other committees of the council but all of them refused to answer me. "Lucian! Where have you..." I tried but moaned escaped instead; Lucian was pounding at a fast pace.

"My love, I have told you the same answer every night that I had a meeting with the council!" he growled as he bit my left bud; causing me to cringe in pain. The pain soothes as his wet tongue rubbed it gently. He groaned my name as he came, spurting his semen into me. He dropped his weight lightly on me, caressing both of my nipples with his tongue as he trailed down to my nub and planted kisses on it. He ascended to my lips; kissing me before he slumbered on me. I was filled with frustration, but I decided to ignore my emotions as my husband was sleeping soundly on me. His hot breath on my chest, calm me down. I could feel his pounding heartbeats after our make-out session. "Sleep well, my darling! If you have told me your problems, I might be able to help you!" I whispered as I caressed his soft brown hair.

Little did I know that it was our last night together. The next day, Lucian has left the palace with some of his trusted soldiers early in the morning. I was alone sitting on the throne worried that the sun had already set, but he returned. I questioned almost everyone in the palace; pleading for the whereabouts of Lucian but no one seems to know. Suddenly, one of his soldiers barged into the palace falling to his knees, shouting his lungs out; "The king is dead!" My heart stopped. The soldier was badly injured; there were stabbing marks on his left shoulder. 

"No! What are you talking about?" I pleaded him as I knelt before him, grabbing his metallic armor causing him to flinch in pain. "I apologize for your highness! We were ambushed by our enemy and the king and most of the soldier were assassinated." He answered with tears flowing down. "No! You must be lying!" I screamed as I grabbed the sword of the nearby soldier and aim at his neck. "Apologize for your highness! I am the only one who survived; I ran..." The soldier collapsed to the ground. One of the soldiers ran to check his pulse; "Your highness, he is dead." He bowed. I collapsed on the ground, screaming, and crying my lungs out. I saw the soldier was grasping something on his fist. I opened it and I saw Lucian's signet ring. "No!" I screamed; all the maids came to help me get up but instead, everything went pitched black.