CHAPTER 43 - Poisoned

Suddenly, a group of soldiers encircled us. "Her highness requested for your presence!" one of them informed. Xavier growled but Ezra stopped him. "Don't!" he gestured Xavier to not transform. "Lead us to her!" Ezra instructed. We followed them until we reached a beautifully decorated palace. The palace has beautiful flowers decorating the walls and it was sparkly. We entered the palace and Princess Arethusa was sitting on her sparkly throne. "Greetings, Princess!" Ezra greeted. My blood boiled by just looking at her. "Rose!" Xavier squeezed my hand gently. Lucian gazed at her in fury as he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. She glared at me when she saw his action. "You! Come here!" she roared pointing at Lucian. Lucian did not move a limb; "What are you doing, Princess?" Ezra questioned. "I want to see him myself! As I was told, she already mated him!" she growled.

"Lucian!" Ezra called and Lucian left me, standing beside Ezra. She approached Lucian but he backed off. She began mumbling, but Lucian just stood in front of her. "Kiss me!" she requested. I wanted to punch her, but Xavier's large hands stopped me. "Let me go!" I roared. "No! Look!" he pushed my head turning back to the scene. "No! I am sorry! I won't!" Lucian answered. She mumbled the spell repetitively. "I said kiss me!" she was persistent. "No!" Lucian growled as his eyes turned black with black veins visible but only around the eyes. She backed off; "No! I love you! Why don't you love me back?" she grabbed his left arm, begging him. He yanked his arm from her; "You lied to me! You told me that you were the one! That night when I fell for your lies, my queen almost died!" he scowled. "I am a fool for trusting you!" he roared. "Fine! Then, you will die with me. If I can't have you, no one can!" she cried as she snapped her fingers and poisonous arrows pointing at me.

"Princess!" Ezra yelled as he raised his right hand, preventing the arrows from piercing me. Xavier stood in front of me, protecting me; "No!" I cried. "I can't hold it any longer!" Ezra cried. Lucian came and he pulled Ezra, protecting the three of us. The poisonous arrows pierced his back; he shouted in pain. "No!" I screamed. "Stop!" I cried as I felt my body filled with fire. I managed to release myself from Xavier's grip and I stood in front of her like in a blink of an eye. "That's it! Listen to my voice! You will take the arrow and slashed your throat by yourself!" I compelled her. "Rose! No!" Ezra shouted. The princess cried as her body betrayed her; she took a poisonous arrow and she pierced the arrow against her skin. "Rose! You are not like her! Don't be a killer!" Ezra shouted and I noticed what I just did; the princess was about to drag the arrow across her neck, but "Stop! Don't do it! Release the arrow!" I compelled.

She threw the arrow to the ground, but she was poisoned with the arrow. I raised my hand touching her neck, the wound healed, and the poison subsided. I rushed to Lucian; "Bear with it!" I touched his back and the arrows slowly moved from his body; the water healed his back and the poison subsided. He cried in pain, as the arrows pierced deeply into his flesh. The princess was gasping for air. I stood in front of her; "Don't touch what is not yours!" I warned. "Thank you for your care of my subjects!" I bowed slightly and I walked towards my mates. Suddenly, I felt arrows penetrated my back and the tips were in front of my chest. My eyes widen as I fell to the ground. I saw blood seeping out of my body. "No!" Ezra shouted. I felt dizziness hits me and my eyes were exhausted. "Rose!" I heard Ezra and Lucian exclaimed. Everything went pitch black.