CHAPTER 36 - I Despise You

A gentle knock was heard, "Your majesties, lunch is ready!" one of the warriors informed. Ezra went to the bathroom to wash up. "Your highness, would you like me to help you clean up?" Xavier chuckled as he licked his lips. "No! I can do it myself!" I disallowed. If I agreed to him, we won't be leaving the room. I climbed off the bed and entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I turned on the tap, allowing the water to fill the tub. I poured my favorite vanilla-scented liquid into the tub. I entered the tub, resting both arms against the sides of the tub. 

I closed my eyes, wanting to heal myself but I realized something was wrong. I did not feel the rush of cold fluid across my skin nor any sort of healing. I laid down immersing my head and the rest of my body into the water trying to stay underwater but within seconds I raised myself from the water, coughing, gasping for air. I hurriedly rinsed myself and I wore a plain sleeveless black dress. I came out from the room, ignoring everyone who greeted me including my parents, Ezra and Xavier.

I heard footsteps running after me as I ran to the shore. I ran into the strong wave of the ocean. I did not morph into my mermaid form. I stood dumbfounded as Xavier and Ezra halted their movement on the beach. Tears falling down my cheeks; the curse is not broken? Or the sea decided to punish me? I raised both of my hands as I command the ocean to rise but nothing happen. "Why?" I screamed. 

"What have I done wrong that I must be punished?" I continued. I thought of someone who might be able to help me. "Calder!" I roared. No one replied; next thing, Xavier and Ezra were holding my arms. "Let's go! You will catch a cold!" Xavier tried to pull me away but I pushed both of them away. "Don't stop me!" I growled, turning at both of them. "Calder! I know you can hear me! I need your help!" I yelled. "Please..." I muffled. The sea slowly swirls forming a whirlpool.

A green-headed merman rose; "Your highness!" his eyes darkened in fury. "You knew I am still weak because of your blunders!" he growled. "You must never reveal your true self or chaos will come but you decided to defy the only rule!" he continued. "Your carelessness made you vulnerable and you even almost cost your parents! The mages tried to absorb the power of the ocean from your parents and I was the only one who stood to protect them." He explained. My eyes widened as I knelt in the sea; I did not realize my actions almost kill my family and my kingdom. "Your curse is not broken! Find your last mate and this time it will not be easy." He roared and vanished into the deep ocean. The wave had calm down.

I stood up blankly, I turned away emotionless. I ignored Xavier and Ezra's voice. Suddenly, I felt my body paralyzed, I can't even move a limb. Let me go! "No!" Ezra warned. Why? I don't need to control any beast as I am already a monster. "No, you are not!" he growled. Ezra was reading my mind. "Tell me then! If you had claimed me earlier, I would not made hasty decision." I growled. "Rose, I warned you!" he roared. 

"Ezra, let her go!" Xavier hissed. "Try me!" Ezra's voice deepened. I heard bone cracking and the next thing; Xavier had transformed into his beast. Ezra's fangs have already sharpened, ready to strike. "Well, good luck in sharing! I will have another mate!" I scoffed. I heard loud growls and snarls behind me. I screamed in frustration. Suddenly, a black shadow passed by me. "Both of you! Stop this instance or one of you will get hurt!" a husky voice warned. That voice was so similar, reminds me of my deceased husband. "Ocaran!" Ezra gasped.

Ocaran is a legend; it was a tale of a knight who sacrificed his life to become the sole protector of his love, his mate. His mate was a mermaid. He gave his heart in return for power and strength. Ocaran was made by amalgamation of dark magic. He is the strongest creature, and nothing can defeat him except his love. The only one who can control him is his love, but everything comes with a price. Ocaran not only loses their heart but also their memory of his love and they must destroy their bond. Without his heart, he is ruthless and cruel. 

That is one side of the story, the other was Ocaran survived by the essence of sexual intimacy. They consume the energy produced by their partners; hence, the partner will be fatigued after the coitus or some other kind of sexual relations like kissing. To gratify his hunger, usually is lovemaking but if his partner is not his mate, the hunger will return almost immediately. It was said that only the lovemaking was done with their mate, the hunger will be satiated. The tale ended that his love suicide due to her wrath on him for being with other women. I never met an Ocaran, it was just a love tale being told to me when I was still a teenager.

"If you are an Ocaran, you should be able to free me from his grip!" I uttered. I felt his presence behind me as he took my hand and brought me to the shore. I turned to him, "If you are really who I think you are..." I caressed his cheek. Lucian knelt to the ground, kissing my hand as I moved to his lips. I saw how much he reacted to my touch. I saw his bulge growing, his muscle tensed, and he began moaning. "I was right! You are my third mate, but I despise you!" I hissed as I yanked my hand from him. "I don't need you!" I growled; he was on his knees trembling. 

"What are you doing to me?" his eyes stared at me with desire. His both hands gripped the sand, he was breathing heavily. "Nothing! It's just your body reacting to me! I want to see you suffer as I suffered for you." I growled. "Rose don't do this! This is not you." Xavier held my arms. "I thought you did not want to share! Leave me alone!" I yelled as I pulled my arms from him. "Rose!" Ezra bellowed. "Enough! I do not want to listen anymore!" I roared. My parents were at the shore, they saw the whole incident. "Rose!" my dad called. "You must fight this!" he continued. I left without saying a word. I went back to my room.