CHAPTER 4 - Training

"Good morning love!" he greeted as he pressed his lips on mine. "Good morning darling!" I replied and snuggled in his chest. "Last night was amazing! You are amazing!" He grinned and stretched his arm. I gently climbed over him and wrapped my arms around his neck; our forehead and noses touching each other. "I love you!" I smashed my lips against his lips, savoring him again. He is my mate; his scent was alluring, tempting me to take him again. But instead, I released him making him groan.

We spend our days as newlyweds. He never once left me by myself except if he discusses it with the council. The afternoon was coated by dappled of the blue clouds. Behind his palace, there is a beautiful garden filled with roses; a sweet smell that wafts through the air, and the sound of birds chirping. While ambling, I saw a stalk of a wilted red rose. All it needs was water. There is a beautiful water fountain in the middle of the garden; I lift my hand and a trail of clear water arises from the fountain and flows into the rose. The wither rose bloomed. 

"Your highness!" a soldier came running. "Yes?" I asked. "His majesty requested your presence at the training ground." He answered. "Alright! Please lead me there." I replied. What happened? Why did he need me at the training ground? Did he hurt himself? All the thoughts were troubling. When I reached the training ground, I saw my king with an Excalibur only in pants showing his ripped, chiseled physique. The place was filled with musky scent and sweat. But all I can think was appreciating those firm muscles, feeling his weight on me as our body bonded, yanking his hair softly as he moaned my name, allowing me to cherish those nipples.

I was carried away with the thoughts that I did not realize Lucian stood in front of me waving at my dazzled eyes. "Rose!" I jolted when he whispered my name next to my ears, feeling his hot breath on my neck. "Lucian! I am sorry!" I blushed. He smirked, "I am going to teach you self- defense." He said as he handed his Excalibur to me. I could barely pick it up as it was so heavy; no wonder his biceps and triceps are so huge and well- build. My dad was strict when it comes to combat as he will make me train with the warriors. But, that was in the sea; the gravity was lesser compared to land. 

He switches it by giving me a smaller sword. That was much handier. He took his Excalibur and started swinging it left and right. I tried to imitate him. Lucian laughed at me; "You might hurt yourself!" he teased. I could feel his body touching mine as he stood behind me; his left hand on mine as he gripped the sword and another hand were wrapping around my waist and we move synchronized. "This is the right way to handle a sword. I want you to practice self- defense daily; not only holding this sword." He smiled. He then taught me some stance; it was difficult this long dress. I almost tripped a few times, but Lucian was swifter as he avoided that from happening. The training was fun but tiring. I could barely move my limbs due to exhaustion.

As days go by, my skills were improving that Lucian even allowed me to spar with him. It was obvious I could not defeat him, but I managed to dodge his attacks. He also granted me chances to spar with the soldiers; informing them not to underestimate my abilities. Lucian is fancied by my cheerleading as he will be shouting my name whenever I managed to counterattack the soldier. He will also jump like a kid when I managed to defeat his soldier as the tip of my blade on the soldier's neck. He even told the royal tailor to sew a pair of pants and specially designed clothes and dresses for me so that I could move more freely for the training.