CHAPTER 59 - Growing Up

Adriel started weaning at six months. He has his first tooth at six months. He was not a picky eater and he was a fast learner. He began calling "ma-ma and da-da" at eight months old. He was able to walk at nine months old. "Adriel!" Lucian called as he carried Adriel who was hugging his wooden horse. Xavier carved it for him. "Da-da! Horse!" he showed the horse to Lucian. "Thanks Xavier!" he smiled, and Xavier grinned.

"Ma-ma!" he cried when he saw me, and he tried to squirm from Lucian. Lucian chuckled as he passed Adriel to me. "Mummy's big boy!" I smiled as I kissed his cheeks; he laughed. He has Lucian's strength as once he carried a chair with that little body. My heart almost stopped when I saw it happened. Lucian laughed at it instead. With Adriel, the whole palace was enlightened. My parents especially pampered him the most. They brought him gifts, they fed him food that I disallow such as sweet foods.

Next week, Adriel will be one year old, and we decided to do a small celebration. I have stopped breastfeeding him, but I will pump my milk into a cup and pass it to him. I decided to teach him to be independent. He was able to eat on his own but messy at times. "Ma-ma! Food!" he cried as he brought his cup. "What should you say?" I asked. He stood and think for a second with his index finger on his forehead. "Please!" he muttered. I smiled as I took his cup. "Give mummy a second!" I took the cup to the bathroom as I slide down my sleeves revealing my painful engorged left breast. I massaged my breast to stimulate the hormones and I squeeze my areola and milk spraying into the cup. I felt relieved slightly. I slide up my sleeves and opened the door.

"Here is your milk!" I smiled. He held the cup with his tiny hands and drank it eagerly. "Slowly or you will get choke!" I held his cup, to help him. "Thank you mummy!" he grinned. Xavier was standing at the door; "Such good manners!" he smiled as he approached me giving me a peck on my cheeks. Adriel already finished his milk; "Yummy!" he giggled. "Mummy's milk is that yummy?" Xavier chuckled; I blushed with his statement. "Daddy should try too! Next time!" his eyes gazed at my breast. I growled as I covered my breast with my arms. He laughed as he picks Adriel up. "Daddy! Fly! Fly!" Adriel raised his hands. Xavier lifted his hands high, holding Adriel as he playfully moved him around. Adriel adorable laughter melts my heart.

It was Adriel's birthday. Lucian carried Adriel covering his eyes with Lucian's large hand. The maidservant has prepared a honey cake with strawberries for Adriel. Large gifts were placed on the table. "Happy Birthday, Adriel!" he lifted his hand and smiled widely. His smile was priceless. Lucian placed Adriel on his seat and ruffled his hair, messing with his groomed hair. My parents came and kissed Adriel's cheeks simultaneously; he blushed. "Happy Birthday, little pup!"

Xavier grinned as he kissed Adriel's head. Ezra stood in front of Adriel and did a magic trick in front of him. Adriel was awed with his performance and he kissed his cheek; "Happy Birthday, little one!" I rushed as embraced Adriel from behind; "Happy Birthday, sweetie!". There was also a feast. All of Adriel's favorite dishes were placed on the table and he wanted the large turkey drumstick. "Can he finish up that big turkey?" my mum questioned. I shrugged as I laughed when my parents puzzled as Adriel took a mouthful of the turkey. Adriel ate the whole turkey drumstick, and everyone was flabbergasted. "He is a big eater!" Lucian laughed.